Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

Just funny reading some of the stuff posted online by some Arse supporters, they still think they are an absolutely massive club even though they have diminished and withered under a manager who has helmed them for far longer than he should, even Fergie knew when to call it quits.

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Agree with the above, what if he scored 11 goals in 3 games in August, Barca come in £80m he's gone, suddenly the 'lump on' wasn't such a good idea 

Wow 11 goals in 3 games!

I agree though with your sentiment. Any new contract is bound to have a release clause in it and probably for less than we might otherwise get for him.

Also I recall Fabian Delph signed a new contract with Villa only to leave for Man city just a few day later. Contracts mean nothing in football.

Hopefully we will keep him at least until January.

1 minute ago, ithuriel said:

Just funny reading some of the stuff posted online by some Arse supporters, they still think they are an absolutely massive club even though they have diminished and withered under a manager who has helmed them for far longer than he should, even Fergie knew when to call it quits.

This is so true. Players go to arse either for the money, or hoping to step up to one of the bigger teams, developing youth used to be a reason but that all appears to be bullshit now. If a player wants to win something he goes elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, reynard said:

Wow 11 goals in 3 games!

I agree though with your sentiment. Any new contract is bound to have a release clause in it and probably for less than we might otherwise get for him.

Also I recall Fabian Delph signed a new contract with Villa only to leave for Man city just a few day later. Contracts mean nothing in football.

Hopefully we will keep him at least until January.

Deloh didn't actually sign a new contract

and any release clause cannot be activated in the current window. Standard practice

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

This is so true. Players go to arse either for the money, or hoping to step up to one of the bigger teams, developing youth used to be a reason but that all appears to be bullshit now. If a player wants to win something he goes elsewhere.

Like it or not, in terms of football competitions we are at the same level as Arsenal currently. In fact we probably have more exposure due to ICC and our unique story.

When Mahrez leaves it should be a club like Barca or Real, not Arsenal. We've probably got more chance winning the UCL than them.

It annoys me fans almost expect him to leave cos he plays for 'Little old Leicester' but then hopefully teams will carry on underestimated our very talented squad and we can pull their pants down like we did to the big clubs last season.

3 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Agree with the above, what if he scored 11 goals in 3 games in August, Barca come in £80m he's gone, suddenly the 'lump on' wasn't such a good idea 

why would he need to do that? We have Barca and PSG next two games.

If he rips both of them a new one he could be gone before the community shield. Lumping on him is not good. Sure he would want out if either of them put in a bid.

I don't care if he signed a new contract today if either of them or RM come in he will go. This ICC could be bad for us.

Other players to are in the window tonight and Tuesday also against Manure next weekend. Brace yourselves if you thought it has been bad it could get a whole lot worse.

14 minutes ago, sylofox said:

If he rips both of them a new one he could be gone before the community shield. Lumping on him is not good. Sure he would want out if either of them put in a bid.

I don't care if he signed a new contract today if either of them or RM come in he will go. This ICC could be bad for us.

Other players to are in the window tonight and Tuesday also against Manure next weekend. Brace yourselves if you thought it has been bad it could get a whole lot worse.

I disagree, it's not like the current crop of players are some unknown quantity.

We have just won one of the most competitive leagues in Europe, any "top clubs" scouting department will be fully aware of our players.

i don't think 2 friendly and the community sheild will put the players under the spotlight any more than they have all ready been.

41 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Any clause wouldn't be valid for this window unless both parties agreed.

if he hasn't signed ahead of the barca fixture then could well be RM hanging on for his dream move ahead of re signing for us.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Any clause wouldn't be valid for this window unless both parties agreed.

if he hasn't signed ahead of the barca fixture then could well be RM hanging on for his dream move ahead of re signing for us.

... or he maybe just waiting for his contract to be level with that of Vardy's ?!

10 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Not another precious ITK?  They're such sensitive souls. 

Some are more ITK than others though.

claudio hasn't said much different to what he's said before

The narrative yesterday evening was that riyad is going to re sign. 

How much hard evidence is there?

the new info is vichai's photo

without that we are no nearer knowing the outcome than we were

and yet most of the gooner ITK 's have changed their tune now

the odds are firmly stacked on him stayng

it didn't take much did it!

Guest Cujek

Arsenal-mania have locked the Mahrez thread, dunno if that means anything in reality, but it's good sign that those guys don't think he is leaving.

Archived