Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

name one player that deeney is as good as that went for 20 mil? You think Deeney is as good as Pedro? People keep talking about this tv deal but Deeney will never be worth 20 mil.

Pedro arrived before the Tv deal so is totally irrelevant lol

Player values will naturally go up with inflation now every team has lots more money. Its not difficult to understand. Unfortunately its the way the sport is going.

Its also not what the player himself is worth. You always have to pay over the odds to get teams to accept your bid. Watford have said they want £30m. Now that would be going into stupid territory but within the current climate £20m for a prem striker is not out of the ordinary

Deeney is perfect for our style, it's not just his goals it's his link up play and style, he brings much more than goals. I also think he understands us and would give 110% every game, especially if we are the ones to give him a chance in the champs league. He'll be in the England team this time next year if we get him.

Player values will naturally go up with inflation now every team has lots more money. Its not difficult to understand. Unfortunately its the way the sport is going.

Its also not what the player himself is worth. You always have to pay over the odds to get teams to accept your bid. Watford have said they want £30m. Now that would be going into stupid territory but within the current climate £20m for a prem striker is not out of the ordinary

And how exactly do you quatify this climate, how are you forming this link between what is acceptable and 20 mil? And Thanks for the inflation lesson i guess i missed that somewhere along the MBA and BA in Economics back when.

And how exactly do you quatify this climate, how are you forming this link between what is acceptable and 20 mil? And Thanks for the inflation lesson i guess i missed that somewhere along the MBA and BA in Economics back when.

Jesus mate, it's just differing opinions. You shouldn't be hanging around internet forums if you are that sensitive. We get it, you don't think Deeneys worth £20m, others think £20m will be the going rate for a premier league striker, it's not worth getting shirty about. 

Jesus mate, it's just differing opinions. You shouldn't be hanging around internet forums if you are that sensitive. We get it, you don't think Deeneys worth £20m, others think £20m will be the going rate for a premier league striker, it's not worth getting shirty about. 

Sensitive? ha, I just want one person to explain to me how they are coming up with 20 mil as the going rate for what somebody on here called an average striker. Where are people getting this base line?

Sensitive? ha, I just want one person to explain to me how they are coming up with 20 mil as the going rate for what somebody on here called an average striker. Where are people getting this base line?

Well nobody can quantify it because the money has only just come in to play so yes, a lot of it is guess work, but it doesn't take a genius to work out that if all of the premier league teams are suddenly rich they are going to be able to pay more money and other clubs in and outside of England will be looking to cash in on that.

Even outside of Europe, £23m for Musa and what do we really know about him other than that Nigerians think he's ****ing useless? If people would rather gamble £23m on somebody we know very little about who has never kicked a ball in the premier league but looks good on youtube than pay £20m for a proven English premier league striker who is tailor made to fit into our style and setup then I'm not comfortable with that. Remember Kramaric? Different level of cash but the excitement when he was on his way here because he looked like a worldy on youtube and then...

Well nobody can quantify it because the money has only just come in to play so yes, a lot of it is guess work, but it doesn't take a genius to work out that if all of the premier league teams are suddenly rich they are going to be able to pay more money and other clubs in and outside of England will be looking to cash in on that.

Even outside of Europe, £23m for Musa and what do we really know about him other than that Nigerians think he's ****ing useless? If people would rather gamble £23m on somebody we know very little about who has never kicked a ball in the premier league but looks good on youtube than pay £20m for a proven English premier league striker who is tailor made to fit into our style and setup then I'm not comfortable with that.

fair enough.

People have said it plenty but it doesn't seem to be sinking in. £20m is this seasons £6-8m which is why Vardys release Is so annoying.

I'm all for this signing, I think any transfer fees need to be ignored this season and most will be undisclosed anyway

fair enough.

:thumbup:  I wasn't making a personal attack on you by the way, everybody is entitled to their opinions and like I say it's all guess work with the money at the moment but it does grate on me that quite a few on here (not saying yourself) would be prepared to chuck £23m at a relative unknown but not £20m at somebody we already know a fair bit about.

Money has come into the sport = teams will want more money for their players. There isn't really much more to it than that for me. I never said it was an acceptable price what I am accepting is that that will be the sort of money it will take to get proven prem players. I've not quantified it to the nearest pound or anything I didn't realise this was an Economics class lol

I would much rather spend £20m on Deeney than £23m on Musa

For the record I don't think Deeney is an average striker. Far from it.

Deeney is perfect for our style, it's not just his goals it's his link up play and style, he brings much more than goals. I also think he understands us and would give 110% every game, especially if we are the ones to give him a chance in the champs league. He'll be in the England team this time next year if we get him.

Deeney is perfect for our style??????

Vardy and Musa are perfect for our style.

Deeney is perfect in style for Martin O'Neil's Leicester!

We spent a club record on Kramaric.. Who scored lots of goals in a tin pot league.. And what happened there?.. He was nowhere good enough for the PL.

I agree that Deeney at 20-22m is a much better buy /fit for us rather than gambling on Unproven foreigners!

Deeney is perfect for our style??????

Vardy and Musa are perfect for our style.

Deeney is perfect in style for Martin O'Neil's Leicester!

He was probably the best 'No 10' in the prem last year. We play 4-4-2 he would be our 'no 10' no doubt, won more headers than any other art along player last year. I don't think we would play him as a 'no 9' which is very much a Vady or Musa role in our team.

£20m probably the going rate although response on twitter is that it is a lot of money.Of course Watford are not going to get all of it.Personally think he would be a great addition working alongside Vardy. He also shown great character work ethic and loyalty over the years.If we mess about haggling over the fee I can see us panicking towards the end of the window and paying even more over the odds.Sounds like he wants to join us (if you believe the Mirror of course)

Read somewhere that Steve Walsh was not sure about Slimani. Ultimately we may need to get a couple of strikers in even assuming Jamie stays.

The amount of people that keep saying I'd sooner buy slimani.... Deeney would support vardy slimani would be competition to replace him, both vardy and slimani are out and out strikers we do all realise this don't we?

The amount of people that keep saying I'd sooner buy slimani.... Deeney would support vardy slimani would be competition to replace him, both vardy and slimani are out and out strikers we do all realise this don't we?

I'd be very happy with a strike force of Vardy, Musa, Deeney, Okazaki, Ulloa next year. 2 speed merchants, 2 aerial geniuses and 1 Norman Wisdom wannabe

I'd rather have deeney, than a weak Pedro or a diving Alexis Sanchez. Neither of those two fit into our mould as a team... deeney does.

£20m is too much... we need to get him to kick up a fuss at Watford so they can let him go with less of a fight.

Deeney over Alexis Sanchez? lol

We got divers in our team so we shouldn't get on our high horse about it.

I agree with Mezeker.

You just have to look at what £20m buys you elsewhere, Breel Embolo is 19 and going for £20m. A lot would say he's already a better player than Deeney but he has far more potential and he has sell on value.

Kovacic of Real Madrid, 22 and linked with a £20m move to Juventus

Mkhitaryan from Dortmund to Arsenal for £25m

Goetze is another one

There are loads of players who end up at the best clubs in the world for around the £20m mark,when you look what we have to pay it seems ridiculous.

ive mentioned this like 3 times but i can't help myself, if we sign Kovacic we win the league again. Id put 20% of my annual disposable income on it lol. Edit: Of course keeping our big 3. And I am fully aware of how bold a statement this is given the traditionally big teams re-uping so to speak.

Archived