Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

Twitter now full of rumours personal terms agreed. Fee to be discussed. But may head as far north as 25 million.

Sky sports news have said he has been shown what's on offer at city and he would be happy with it

SSN also said that Watford would not necessarily accept but only consider a £25 mill offer due to a percentage of the fee would go to his previous club

Guest CityFan 06

I do tend to think Deeney could even double his goalscoring record next season if he joins us. His first season in the Premier League - scored 13 PL goals, 15 in all competitions. That's very good going for a first season in the top flight.

If he's adapted this well in his first season, next season he will be even better. Look at how Drinkwater, Vardy and Morgan have progressed - Deeney could potentially have a similar story.

£25 million is a crazy price but in terms of the player, I'd definitely like to see Deeney in a City shirt. He was outstanding last season, when Ighalo was getting all the plaudits it was often Deeney laying it on a plate for him. I notice when watching MOTD that Ighalo would often shoot instead of passing to Deeney when TD was in a better position i.e. Troy should have a had a few more goals. Works his bollocks off too so would be a good fit I reckon.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Troy Deeney has agreed personal terms with Leicester. Fee still being discussed. Would be around £25m. (Source: Sky Sports)

thats true?

i mean sky sports

If it is, there will be much more pressure on him based on this rather too high a fee.

Has to perform consistently great.

The fee quoted will be much higher than we will pay. Watford have to 'sell ' this to their fans. If it seems a ridiculous amountt then they can manage that. 25 mill will include all the possible add ons (England caps, goals, appearances, us winning the PL and CL). If it's announced as 25 I expect it would be around 18/19 + add ons (which is still huge ) but we have our strategy and a few mill here and there in the grand scheme of things is how it's going to be.

and we don't value vardy at 20 m. Imagine arsenal pull out and Liverpool come in. How much would we demand for vards? I reckon would be 37mill minimum. And that's without add ons!

The thought of us spending £25m on a player seems really strange... :blink: But we've got the money, and I think he'd fit on and off the pitch.

I can already imagine the Kop chanting "Deeneh! Deeneh! Deeneh!" after he smashes in the late winner against Arsenal.

In Claudio and co. we trust. Gerrimin.

I like Deeney, and I'd like him to play for us, but that seems a very steep price for us to pay for him. It makes me fear that Vardy will go, as we must be desperate to go to that price.

It's been widely reported that we want 2 strikers during this window even if Vardy stays.

actually this is written on sky sprots:

Sky Sports News reporter Dharmesh Sheth is on the investigation desk today and he has been keeping tabs with the latest on Watford striker Troy Deeney.

The Hornets have already rejected a bid in the region of £20m from Premier League champions Leicester City for their captain, who scored 13 goals in his first season in the top flight.

His understanding is that Deeney's former club Walsall will take a fee for any sale after they sold him to Watford for £500,000 six years ago. The Saddlers will receive 20 per cent of any fee above that figure.

One source has told him that a bid upwards of £25 million pounds would make Watford consider selling the striker.

Sheth was also told Deeney has been made aware what the personal terms would be at Leicester - and they are terms he would agree to.

It is understood any potential deal for Deeney is not dependent on whether Jamie Vardy stays or leaves Leicester.

If we sign him it will be announced as signed for an undisclosed fee, as most of our transfers have been recently.

and then the media or some nobody on twitter will make up a number like 30mill, which everyone will go along with. Fun times!

just seen a story on an internet site that Deeney has agreed terms now up to the clubs to agree a fee!!!!!, i was under the impression the fee had to be agreed before player talks/personal terms (in hindsight it was probably a Walsall website thats stirring up emotions about possible cash windfall

and then the media or some nobody on twitter will make up a number like 30mill, which everyone will go along with. Fun times!

Considering Watford have already rejected a £20m bid then it's safe to assume it will be between 20-25.

The world has gone insane paying 25 million for Deeney . Jesus.

Archived