Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

As mentioned. Great partner for vardy. Much better in the role just off him that Okazaki was. More goals. More assists.

And as we saw last summer. If Everton can afford to turn down 50 million for a player then Watford aren't gonna bend over at the 1st offer.

May need Deeney to kick up a little fuss. And if our scouts think he's the man. Then that's enough for me.

Deeney wants to join us, he wants to play in the CL.

Just a matter of time before he puts in a transfer request.

He might have a word internally but there is no way he puts in a request. Watford through and through he wouldn't want to disrespect the fans.

Money is irrelevant, all prices are inflated this season for proven premier league players (unlike Mr £Kram) He has spent half the season talking about Leicester, not Watford. Remember Vardy's ban and how much we needed someone in the box who wouldn't fall over.

He's no mercenary and is desperate to put on that blue shirt. I say let him, welcome him and sing songs about him.

(plus Watford go down)

Check this out. I'm not that sure on the source's quality, but this here says we bid 15 and went back with an improved offer of 20, and that he is our primary target

http://www.wdsport.co.uk/2016/06/watford-stand-firm-amid-second-leicester-bid-for-deeney/

The more I think about this the more I like it, another captain with proven character and PL quality. If we are going to keep this going we need to back our current style. That means workrate, teamwork and commitment, our real star qualities as a team. Deeney would fit in immediately, and he is a really decent bloke.

And remembering what he has said this season, he is right up for it, whatever Watford say. Be a tough one for him to push through tho, so it's very far from in the bag.

It's going to test his relationship with the club. It will be the only chance in his career that he gets to play in CL. It cannot see them accepting a bid below 30m. They may not even be tempted at that price. They, like all PL clubs just don't need the money. they need to feel the security that they won't be relegated and deeney provides them with that to a large extent. if deeney wants to come then he is going to have to put in a transfer request and say goodbye to any loyalty payment. I guess we will have to cover that as a signing on fee. if he puts in the request then I think a fee of 23 mill (inc add ons) might do it. A lot of dosh but if we have identified him as our primary target then so be it.

Him putting in the request gets the owners off the hook with the fans. His relationship with the fans may just allow him to come here for that CL experience he wouldn't get otherwise.

Why not first pay the £23m for Slimani or even Musa instead. I know Deeney would be a replacement for Okazaki but still...

£20m for Deeney? My god...

Mate we just won the league with a team of hard working pro's with the right attitude Deeney is a hard working pro with the right attitude (and no shortage of quality) we are in this position because we don't have any big names with big egos and because we signed players to fit our system. People who say they are underwhelmed can not of properly understood how we achieved what we achieved last year.

24 & 21 goals in his last two Championship seasons and 13 in his first season in the prem.

By comparison Vardy got 4 & 16 in the Championship and then 5 in his first season in the prem.

Deeney is 27, has potentially five years left at his peak as a proven premier league goal scorer. He's got the right kind of attitude and would fit well with our culture. Makes sense on all kinds of levels. £20m?A snip at this level. Gerrimin.

People moaning about Deeney need to pipe down. He's actually quality in a way that fits into our team like the missing piece of a jigsaw. He's a decent bloke to (inb4 happy slapper went to prison) and was the single best pundit on MOTD this year too. I'd snap hands off to have him here I genuinely would. Anyone that can't see the hard work, dedication and absolute beast of a player here needs to either go to specsavers or learn more about what makes a good footballer. I can only apologise that he's not got long hair and a foreign accent and doesn't dance around like a gazelle being chased by a cheetah but seriously, come on man, we are champions league man and Deeney can help us win it. 

Would be a great signing for us and would fit perfectly into our system and culture.

Hark at all the football hipsters on here pretending they know anything at all about slimani and musa and how they would or would not be a success in the premier league.

Have they learnt nothing from how we operate as a club. Clueless

I can genuinely see this one happening for 22ish million and I'd love it, Deeney is exactly the sort of player that would thrive in our system. His story is not to dissimilar from Vardy's in a sense that he has worked his way up from the bottom, he also seems like a model professional despite his stint in prison which seems to have rehabilitated him. I hope we sign him, I think we will sign him and I will be delighted when it does happen.

It's a lot more enjoyable checking foxestalk to see if there is any news on a player your desperate to sign than checking for news on players your desperate to keep.

Can you imagine what the watford fans will be saying about us? lol Boots on the other foot now...

Archived