Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

Portuguese press had a front page headline that Leicester had offered £20M which was turned down because it did not match the buyout of £23M. It was about a week ago.

The Portuguese press have been writing stuff for two years and this guy was just about the one and only player Pearson has ever said it wasn't true about our interest.

I think Deeney and Vardy up front would be a quality partnership no nonsense.

As much as a part of Okazaki as been this season there was countless times he just fell over when the team were in a good position allowing the opposition to come straight back at us. Deeney would offer much better hold up/link up play imo.

I fail to understand how people can't see how much quality deeney has, in the role we want and need, in the league we play in. I think we should keep bidding.

I'm coming round to the idea to be honest - just hope we buy another striker as well to compete with Vardy for places or play in a three up front.

Deeney or Slimani?

No brainer, Deeney 100%.

Why is that a no-brainer Tuna?

If the price is right for both of those players (Slimani 23m release clause and Deeney about 15m actual value) then i'd have Deeney too.

But if the prices arethe prices that have been mentioned (Deeney 30m?!) then it's definitely not a "no brainer" to go for Deeney.

Personally, I think both players would fit into the side. Deeney would help the team score more whereas Slimani would score more himself.

If we have 3 players scoring 10+ goals next season then I think we'll be in the top 4 again. If we keep Mahrez and Vardy and sign Slimani then I can see that happening.

So i'd have either, but i'd prefer Slimani for the money we're talking about. I think he's a better footballer.

No and that's what we've got an expert team of analysts for who've done pretty ****ing well so far.

The only exception is Kramaric and actually I think he looks a good player who'd score at this level, he was just a daft signing for us in terms of playing style.

If Kramaric had been at a premier league club with his alleged hype and potential he'd have cost four times the amount.

The prices here are just insane.

From Hoffenheim's point of view Kramaric did come from a premier league club and he hardly cost them anything. What happened to all that hype and potential? The premier league happened. You can score as many hundreds of goals as you like in the Mediterranean bvowiaketskitwyliliegeski league and be as hyped as you like but there's no guarantee whatsoever that you'll be able to transfer that form to the premier league.

I know im new and all, so i remember when i signed up; the question to be part of the forum was where was Amartey from? You need to start asking questions like who is better Sanchez or Deeney. Just so we can set a baseline for proper discourse. To make things worse out of all the players that are actually class he choose the one that actually has an insanely high work rate.

Great point, of all the forwards to compare him to.  lol

Sanchez is known for his workrate, its one of his strongest assets. I would take Sanchez of course, over Deeney, but I'm not sure we could afford the wages.

I think Deeney is recognised by the whole PL as a quality player, and its hard to think of anyone who would slip in quite so easily. I would be happy with Deeney and Musa, because they look like the best fit with our style. I don't really know very much about Slimani, but can he integrate into our system as well as the the two I mentioned?

I wonder if we will see Slimani and Deeney upfront next season

I'm coming round to the idea to be honest - just hope we buy another striker as well to compete with Vardy for places or play in a three up front.

Yeah it would be nice to have genuine options upfront, I do think deeney has a certain flexibility that would give us options to play different formations.

OK then guys, some of you are winning me over. Let's play safe and pay over the odds for a striker who is OK, and English, rather than an International player of obvious quality who happens not to be English.

It is so obvious that so many people on here, simply because they have never seen Slimani, are desperately trying to convince everyone, probably including themselves as well, that we must buy someone whom they have seen play, because to them it makes no sense to buy someone they have never seen play.

Is there anyone out there who has seen Slimani play saying that Deeney is better?

It is true that we are naturally biased to what we know to be good, thats what the prospect of spending £20 million does to 'us'.

Ultmately, I really trust the current set up more than anyone, and they bid the big bucks for Slimani, so I don't doubt he is a great player. But quality players are at a premium, and everyone knows about the TV money.  :rolleyes: We seem to have a limit of around 20, but will that get us any of Slimani, Musa or Deeney? You would have hoped so, but none of the selling clubs has cracked yet.

In Claudio and Walsh I trust.  :scarf:

From Hoffenheim's point of view Kramaric did come from a premier league club and he hardly cost them anything. What happened to all that hype and potential? The premier league happened. You can score as many hundreds of goals as you like in the Mediterranean bvowiaketskitwyliliegeski league and be as hyped as you like but there's no guarantee whatsoever that you'll be able to transfer that form to the premier league.

I was watching a game from that league on sky the other night, the quality of football looked quite good :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I am getting confident Vardy will stay

Vardy/Okazaki      Deeney/Ulloa

Musa/Albrighton                                         Mahrez/Gray

Drinkwater/King  Kante/Mendy  

Fuchs/Chilvell Huth/hernandes  Morgan/?????  Simpson/?? 

Kasper/Zieler

but its just a dream

Vardy/Okazaki      Deeney/Ulloa

Musa/Albrighton                                         Mahrez/Gray

Drinkwater/King  Kante/Mendy  

Fuchs/Chilvell Huth/hernandes  Morgan/?????  Simpson/?? 

Kasper/Zieler

but its just a dream

Daniel Amartey can fill the defensive positions that are not covered

Vardy/Okazaki Deeney/Ulloa

Musa/Albrighton Mahrez/Gray

Drinkwater/King Kante/Mendy

Fuchs/Chilvell Huth/hernandes Morgan/????? Simpson/??

Kasper/Zieler

but its just a dream

Put Musa as a striker option instead of competition as Albrighton, purely because you forgot Schlupp. Add another midfielder In there let's say Vilhena, Hernandez from Gijon will add competition in defence & we're sorted!

If Ranieri was to be greedy he could add another winger, been linked with Konoplyanka recently & add a more attacking right back (Arias) jobs a gooden.

Put Musa as a striker option instead of competition as Albrighton, purely because you forgot Schlupp. Add another midfielder In there let's say Vilhena, Hernandez from Gijon will add competition in defence & we're sorted!

If Ranieri was to be greedy he could add another winger, been linked with Konoplyanka recently & add a more attacking right back (Arias) jobs a gooden.

I dont like the idea of Musa being centre forward,not worth

Winger maybe,changing Albighton,see what is he cappable of

I did not forget about Schlupp,just dont see him in this lineup

The Portuguese press have been writing stuff for two years and this guy was just about the one and only player Pearson has ever said it wasn't true about our interest.

You keep saying Slimani is the only player Pearson denied interest in but that's not true. He always denied or played down interest.

Chris Wood for example... We signed him 2 weeks later!

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20709041

Apparently Watford are interested in buying saido berahino and have submitted a bid-is this Watford declaring they are to loose Deeney?

Not necessarily.

Just like we've bid for Deeney to play with Vardy if he stays, not instead of

You keep saying Slimani is the only player Pearson denied interest in but that's not true. He always denied or played down interest.

Chris Wood for example... We signed him 2 weeks later!

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20709041

Been through this before, my wifi is shit so can't load the article but if it's what I've seen before he said something like a bid hadn't been made to his knowledge, not that there wasn't interest.

Archived