Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

FA Cup 2016/17

5 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

As a cat died? the way the pundits and commentary's sounded during that match. 

Oh lose the tin foil hat, what's your obsession with how commentator sound during play? It was a shit match, like a training session, I imagine it's not very easy to make that sound as exciting as 4-3 thriller.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Oh lose the tin foil hat, what's your obsession with how commentator sound during play? It was a shit match, like a training session, I imagine it's not very easy to make that sound as exciting as 4-3 thriller.

Yes but we would have got the same sympathy if we got hammered 0-5 by Man City? To be honest any match seeing West Ham get hammered is always a thriller.

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Yes but we would have got the same sympathy if we got hammered 0-5 by Man City? To be honest any match seeing West Ham get hammered is always a thriller.

It wasn't sympathy, like I say lose the tin foil hat, you're paranoid and hearing what you want to hear.

Not really followed this thread so it may have been mentioned.

Why the hell isn't Sutton v Wimbledon not on TV?

I keep hearing this 'there's no magic in the cup anymore'. Well let's **** the big boys off that we see week in, week out and get some of the smaller team ties on TV.

West Ham v Man City, Man Utd v Reading, Tottenham v Villa, Liverpool v Plymouth, Cambridge v Leeds? We see all those teams (Reading, Villa, even Plymouth to an extent included. Cambridge maybe not) on TV very regularly, it's boring.

Just seen this after writing this post, adds to my point further:

Apparently since 2005 every FA Cup tie involving Man Utd has been on TV. Incredible stat if true.

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not really followed this thread so it may have been mentioned.

Why the hell isn't Sutton v Wimbledon not on TV?

I keep hearing this 'there's no magic in the cup anymore'. Well let's **** the big boys off that we see week in, week out and get some of the smaller team ties on TV.

West Ham v Man City, Man Utd v Reading, Tottenham v Villa, Liverpool v Plymouth, Cambridge v Leeds? We see all those teams (Reading, Villa, even Plymouth to an extent included. Cambridge maybe not) on TV very regularly, it's boring.

There should be no all premier league ties on tv at this stage of the competition, there's 3 or 4 of them on TV every weekend. Liverpool v Plymouth and Cambridge v Leeds aren't terrible choices though. Certainly would have preferred Sutton v Wimbledon and Stourbridge v Wycombe to West Ham v Man City and Spurs v Villa.

I just assume whoever Man Utd play it'll be on Tv, it's getting on something like 60 fa cup ties in a row televised.

Of course Man Utd are going to be on TV for the FA Cup, they're the best supported team in the country and therefore would bring in the most potential viewers despite there being more intriguing ties.

Not saying its fair, its just the way it is.

53 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Of course Man Utd are going to be on TV for the FA Cup, they're the best supported team in the country and therefore would bring in the most potential viewers despite there being more intriguing ties.

Oh yeah of course, but then the same people who who insist on showing Man Utd can't then complain about the magic of the cup dying when they insist on hiding the magic of the cup in order to chase viewers by showing Man Utd.

36 minutes ago, Nalis said:

That and the BBC situated in Salford adding a bit to the bias bag.

amazing performance by Lincoln. Gutted that they didn't win, but they'll make loads of money from the replay. Ipswich were awful , McCarthy is a dead man walking. 2-1 down against a non league team and doesn't make any subs. Highest ever away attendance at Portman Road.

Archived