Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Drinkwater rejects new contract

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Let's hope he starts showing his form quickly. I think this team looks really really short of playmakers. If Mahrez form remains as pants as this, I can't see where the chances are going to come from.

I think now that the whole contract situation is sorted he will focus a lot more. I also think it's a bit of extra spice that the game is against Arsenal!

Another 100k per week player (alleged).

I ask again (to those who are bemoaning big wages, team morale etc)....worth it?

Personally, I think Drinkwater is worth every bit as much as Mahrez, in terms of his value to this team. 

And we were always going to have to do this.....it's the 'price' of success in the modern game. The only surprise for me is that Vardy is 'only' on 80k...

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I ask again (to those who are bemoaning big wages, team morale etc)....worth it?

Personally, I think Drinkwater is worth every bit as much as Mahrez, in terms of his value to this team. 

And we were always going to have to do this.....it's the 'price' of success in the modern game. The only surprise for me is that Vardy is 'only' on 80k...

Absolutely agree. We do not have another player who can do, what DD does in the middle. It is quite obvious however, that DD needs help defensively as King vs Hull was absent again.

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Mahrez is worth as much as Drinkwater. 

Whether they're 'worth' £100k a week is still a matter of opinion though. 

11 minutes ago, thybluefox said:

Mahrez is worth as much as Drinkwater. 

Whether they're 'worth' £100k a week is still a matter of opinion though. 

100k a week is 21 million over 4 years. Doubt we could get players of their quality for 21 million and then you still have to pay them.

21 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

100k a week is 21 million over 4 years. Doubt we could get players of their quality for 21 million and then you still have to pay them.

I agree with the sentiment but that's an unfair comparison because most or all of any fee we pay would be covered by the sale of these players.

Why are people so obsessed with players wages? Our infrastructure and financial set up and security are poles apart from the dark days. 

Call me old fashioned but wages are private and it's none of our business,  as long as we comply and are sound that's fine!

If you want to retain top players there's a price and the club seems damned if they do or don't by some on here.

Meltdown if might be going and meltdown if we pay the alleged premium to keep them!

I prefer great we've kept them .lol

4 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Why are people so obsessed with players wages? Our infrastructure and financial set up and security are poles apart from the he dark days. 

Call me old fashioned but wages are private and it's none of our business,  as long as we comply and are sound that's fine!

If you want to retain top players there's a price and the club seems damned if they do or don't by some on here.

Meltdown if might be going and meltdown if we pay the alleged premium to keep them!

I prefer great we've kept them .lol

Been told today that the feeling at the club is that the contracts are actually a very good deal for us. Basically they could have been paid more elsewhere and had substantial bonus payments. 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Been told today that the feeling at the club is that the contracts are actually a very good deal for us. Basically they could have been paid more elsewhere and had substantial bonus payments. 

If the Club's happy and Players are happy then that surely is the ideal scenario? :)

If These Players establish us in the Premier League, then they worth it from a business perspective. Potentially it is a good deal for both parties and the fans. 

I think this particular window it is important to show everyone on the League, both players and other teams, that the club is serious about being a contender. To do that, you have to keep your stars, and pay them star wages.

When the club has regular European football, is contending regularly for titles, then it is easier to play hardball. But this summer, potential new players (including youth signings) need to think they will be rewarded for success. If that means overpaying some of the players in a squad that made history, that's the price you have to pay.

Archived