Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2018 Russia World Cup Qualifying

Guest MattP
13 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Anyone know how the seeding for the play offs will work?

FIFA rankings.

Can't see Ireland beating any of Italy, Croatia, Portugal or Denmark. 

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

Wales.

Trust them to fook it up against a terrible Ireland side.

Wales couldnt find one decent move, so why is it that  Ireland are terrible.

At this level, its about keeping some perspective, through the qualification games, there are a few sides, that qualify/Playoffs through fight and determination. MON has done it...This time Coleman failed the night after Scotland. Avg sides its quite easy to have a few swipes at them, but its these sides, that now and again upset the big boys, and keeps many a fan happy.....

Iceland are having a golden period, Wales blew up too short....Portugal were permanent also rans...then they had their best 90minutes to win their 1st biggie...

Like the top leagues, the big clubs, cant be judged, recognised as super, if it werent for another

12-16 teams  in their league...tonight R.Ireland got the result, that will take them to the qualies,

For MON..another great challenge..

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MattP said:

FIFA rankings.

Can't see Ireland beating any of Italy, Croatia, Portugal or Denmark. 

Apparently it's extremely likely to be 

Top seeds.. 

Portugal/Switzerland 

Denmark 

Croatia 

Italy 

Unseeded 

NI

Eire 

Sweden 

Greece/Bosnia 

Spare a thought for Slovakia, people.

They courageously forced their way into second place behind the "mighty" England at the expense of the battling Jocks - yet are now set to be the only runners-up not to make the play-offs.

Good news for Slovaks: Slovakia can still make the play-offs.

Bad news for Slovaks: They're relying on Gibraltar getting a result against Greece....

32 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Anyone know how the seeding for the play offs will work?

The North (fifa ranking 20) 

Denmark ( 26th)

Italy (17th) 

Sweden (23) 

Portugal/Swiss  (3/7)

Greece (47)

Croatia (18) 

Ireland (34) 

North /italy/Croatia /(Swiss or Portugal) 

Rep/Greece/ sweden/ denmark

14 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Top seeds.. 

Portugal/Switzerland 

Denmark 

Croatia 

Italy 

Unseeded 

NI

Eire 

Sweden 

Greece/Bosnia 

Denmark ( 26th)

Italy (17th) 

Sweden (23) 

Portugal/Swiss  (3/7)

Greece (47)

Croatia (18) 

Ireland (34) 

North /italy/Croatia (Swiss or Portugal) 

denmark are bellow Northern Ireland 

Just now, GaelicFox said:

Denmark ( 26th)

Italy (17th) 

Sweden (23) 

Portugal/Swiss  (3/7)

Greece (47)

Croatia (18) 

Ireland (34) 

Goes on next fifa rankings. With northern Ireland losing their two games their ranking will be worse than Denmarks

Apprently 

14 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Top seeds.. 

Portugal/Switzerland 

Denmark 

Croatia 

Italy 

Unseeded 

NI

Eire 

Sweden 

Greece/Bosnia 

I think the Swiss, after they lose to Portugal tomorrow will be the most susceptible to an upset out of those top seeds. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Goes on next fifa rankings. With northern Ireland losing their two games their ranking will be worse than Denmarks

Apprently 

Yes that’s right it seems denmark have gone up 25 places this year it seems 

Just hoping the English players wear some pride for once and 'go for it' at the World Cup.

I don't really believe that some of the players have shown their true best, for whatever reason, and it's about time there's passion in the teams put out on the global stage as it's been, overall, dull over the past few years.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Great scenes out tonight in Cork.i can't remember a better away win. 

We deserved that overall. Our defence was excellent.Was hardly Brazil 1970 stuff but the end justifies the means. 

I haven't celebrated a McLean goal like that since his equaliser against spurs last year! 

O neill has gotten some flack the last month. He guided Leicester  to an unlikely playoff win in 1996 against all odds and some major hostility . Here's hoping for a similar outcome  for Ireland next month.

COYBIG!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Denmark ( 26th)

Italy (17th) 

Sweden (23) 

Portugal/Swiss  (3/7)

Greece (47)

Croatia (18) 

Ireland (34) 

There's still a chance that France could finish second to Sweden too, which I imagine will mess all that up anyway. They should be Belarus, but they did draw with Luxembourg. And there's also still chance the Netherlands could take second odd Sweden.

And Bosnia can still finish second ahead of Greece, but if they do they'll miss out on the play offs I think, meaning Slovakia sneak in.

Edited by Facecloth

4 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I'll be pulling for them. Proper squad they are and shouldn't be a surprise this time around. 

Absolutely, always found them entertaining in the Euros, absolute brutes defensively but have a bit going forward too. 

What will help them is the amount of their players that got bought by the bigger leagues post Euros, they’ve got experience now as well as that spirit they had.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

There's still a chance that France could finish second to Sweden too, which I imagine will mess all that up anyway. They should be Belarus, but they did draw with Luxembourg. And there's also still chance the Netherlands could take second odd Sweden.

And Bosnia can still finish second ahead of Greece, but if they do they'll miss out on the play offs I think, meaning Slovakia sneak in.

The Dutch needs to beat Sweden 7-0. lol Bet Advocaat still starts with one up front.

29 minutes ago, MattP said:

The Dutch needs to beat Sweden 7-0. lol Bet Advocaat still starts with one up front.

Weirdly I noticed the Swedes had a much better GD than the French, but completely missed what the Dutch were on.

9 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I think the Swiss, after they lose to Portugal tomorrow will be the most susceptible to an upset out of those top seeds. 

If we should lose.

Surely won't be a walkover. Press over here are so much focusing on Ronaldo, but Portugal are way more than that.

I'd take a draw, of course. We seem to have gelled well under Petkovic, we work as a unit and compensate for lack of skill in many areas with fighting spirit and relentlessness.

Yann Sommer's a good goalkeeper and shot stopper, but not the tallest and thus susceptible to long shots - we can't allow the hosts too many chances.

If we should lose, then I don't think we'd do too well in the playoff phase. We've worked so hard to get to this point, no reason why they don't want to maintain that unbeaten record.

We've never completed a qualifying phase without losing a single game - would be quite the feat, and that in a group with the European Champions, mind.