Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Porto (home) Pre-Match Thread

5 minutes ago, LCFCFOX6190 said:

CLAUDIO: "At HT the match was gone. I took off Vardy and Mahrez to preserve them for Tuesday. I want them to be strong vs. Porto." #MnuLei

Hopefully they reimburse the fans that went half of their money then. 

If CR gave up at halftime why shouldn't the fans get half their money back.

Just now, desertfox2 said:

Just can't agree with that. Before today Gray had done nothing to force his way in to the side.  Claudio won us the league ffs. 

Thought he played well against Chelsea and Mahrez hasn't been much better apart from Burnley. Im well aware Claudio won the league but that dosn't mean I have to agree with everything he says, still think he will sort this out though.

My Porto supporting Portugese friend went to Paris for the Euros final but tells me Porto are playing so poorly this season he won't be going up the M1 on Tuesday from N.W. London. Let's hope he's right and we get a good result.

Pathetic by the manager. Those two should not be rested for Tuesday they should be dropped for it. He is too afraid to drop them. They should of been made to play the second half and prove they deserve a chance .We can't keep picking our team based on us winning the league last year. 

I agree with Ranieri. The game was gone at HT. There no way we're coming back from 4-0 down. So why not try and preserve your two most dangerous players for Porto. Granted, they both were poor today but it's pointless to keep playing them for another 45 minutes in a game that's long gone. It's a realistic thought process by Ranieri. 

We lost 4-1 to Liverpool two weeks ago in a game were Mahrez was poor, and then completely steamrolled Brugge 3 days later with Mahrez scoring 2 goals.

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

I agree with Ranieri. The game was gone at HT. There no way we're coming back from 4-0 down. So why not try and preserve your two most dangerous players for Porto. Granted, they both were poor today but it's pointless to keep playing them for another 45 minutes in a game that's long gone. It's a realistic thought process by Ranieri. 

We lost 4-1 to Liverpool two weeks ago in a game were Mahrez was poor, and then completely steamrolled Brugge 3 days later with Mahrez scoring 2 goals.

But you keep Drinkwater and Morgan on who both looked bolloxed from playing a cup game we didn't really care about midweek to make them even more knackered with a midweek CL game that they'll be involved in no doubt.

18 minutes ago, dedlock said:

My Porto supporting Portugese friend went to Paris for the Euros final but tells me Porto are playing so poorly this season he won't be going up the M1 on Tuesday from N.W. London. Let's hope he's right and we get a good result.

Oh c'mon, it's not like it's last year where we would lose against minnows like Tondela or whatever. This season we've not been fantastic yet, but I can see some good changes and the likes of Alex Telles and Oliver Torres are still gelling in. We have only lost once this season, to Sporting away, who are one of the Big Three in Portugal. And Slimani was still there! :D

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

But you keep Drinkwater and Morgan on who both looked bolloxed from playing a cup game we didn't really care about midweek to make them even more knackered with a midweek CL game that they'll be involved in no doubt.

I agree but we only got 3 subs. 

I thought it was bizarre to let Drinkwater against Chelsea, but then again that showed up our lack of CM options we have. 

11 minutes ago, portofan said:

Oh c'mon, it's not like it's last year where we would lose against minnows like Tondela or whatever. This season we've not been fantastic yet, but I can see some good changes and the likes of Alex Telles and Oliver Torres are still gelling in. We have only lost once this season, to Sporting away, who are one of the Big Three in Portugal. And Slimani was still there! :D

I will tell my friend! 

He seemed almost as despondent as some of the doom merchants on her are about City.

27 minutes ago, Koke said:

Then a worrying pattern is starting to emerge before we play in the champions league. 4 1 twice and neither team had to work hard for it.

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

1-2 defeat... 

I can't see it, Mahrez will be back and we will look awesome... the problem we have is that we are going on the pitch in the league with no real hunger, in the CL we will see that back.. Which is wrong we should be motivated and fired up constantly like last season regardless of the competition 

1 hour ago, NewEnglandFox said:

The man's nickname is the Dragon Slayer for a reason. 6 in 6 against them. He's not getting dropped.

He won't be able to slay a mouse with the kind of service he got today.

Sleepy defense, an unexistan midfield and attackers spending 99% of the time defending.

Zieler

Simpson, Hernandez, Huth, Fuchs

Amartey, Drinkwater, Mendy

Mahrez Slimani Gray

Subs: Hamer, Morgan, King, Kapustka Albrighton, Vardy, Okazaki, 

Fed up of Morgan playing like absolute ****. Vardy is not playing anywhere near the standard he's capable of and quite frankly looks lazy compared to last season. Both need dropping to get a kick up the arse. I'd give Riyad 1 more game to prove it otherwise he needs dropping for a spell too. 

No doubts city will beat Porto. The players will be excited for the CL match and all perform.

..premier league however...certain players have become complacent and i would really shake it up against Southampton. Todays performance can not be repeated. We gave them a 90 minute training exercise.

Difficult here. Do we make multiple changes and switch formation or go tried and tested? I think we should look for a system we can adopt home and similar away, rather than big changes between home and away.Maybe 3-4-1-2 changing to 3-4-2-1 away? Against Porto I would go:

Zieler

Huth

Morgan

Hernandez

Schlupp

Drinkwater

King

Albrighton

Gray

Vardy

Slimani

Subs: Hamer, Amartey, Fuchs, Marhez, Kapustka, Okazaki, Musa

same as brugge/burnley. play all our best players. we just had a 45 min spanking at old Trafford. what is wrong with some people. drop vardy, Morgan, mahrez, what the f uck goes through some people's heads. unreal. 

Archived