Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Porto (home) Pre-Match Thread

It is obvious that the Champion's league is the owner priority this year and not get relegated.

Ranieri was doing some damage control in the second half yesterday ...grey was flamboyant it is just a shame that he can only shine when everybody else is transparent ;)... nice goal.

Slimani is useless if you don't feed him balls that he can turn into goals if you don't play him to his potential I am asking myself why dif you buy him (altough I am still baffled as to why did you pay 35 when you could have paid 30 a couple of months before deadline)... a priority change maybe?

Porto are not easy but Slimani has proven many time that he can score against them...can he get the service with Leicester to do it again.

6 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

vardy will tear porto to pieces like he did brugge. they will never have played against anything or anyone like him. it would be insane to drop him based on one below par half against united. 

One below par half yesterday, mate you not watched him all year?

If we're going to play Slimani then we need Mahrez to get behind them and provide the chances. if were not then we should go with Vardy and play on the counter.

But we really have to run and run and offer support all over the pitch. Too often people are left exposed with the Ball and no one to pass too. But I do expect a draw at least and possibly a win.

54 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I have no worries about this game and predict a 3-1 home win.

I would play Vardy over Slim though. Porto will know Slim very well (despite his record against them). They won't be handle to handle Vardy. And I'd play Shinji in behind Vardy. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Why won't they be able to handle vardy? Porto are a decent European side. Brugge on the other hand are a championship level side.

Porto have got to be pretty decent, they still have Brahimi, an Algerian who Walshy tried very hard to get to Everton for 30m+

Also competed pretty evenly in their league with a Sporting who had Slim, Silva, Mario etc.

Underestimate at own peril.

We have enough squad players to not play the same eleven week in week out, we have the players that can come in and do a job regardless of the opposition, Claudio now needs to utilise the whole squad for the whole of the season,once we get the group games of the champion league out the way I am sure our league form will improve and I definitely expect it to 

59 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I would play Vardy over Slim though.(despite his record against them). They won't be handle to handle Vardy.

4 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Why won't they be able to handle vardy? Porto are a decent European side. Brugge on the other hand are a championship level side.

Exactly! Just because Porto are outside of England doesn't mean they don't do their research on opposition. As mentioned by Grewks, Porto are a very good team and i have no doubt they will have watched where Vardy is dangerous and cancel him out just like every other team has done so far.

Teams know Vardy now. The 'long ball for fast striker to run onto' tactic will be an easy one to cancel out and i am sure this season we will not see Vardy getting even a fraction of these type of goals as he did last season.

Slimani has a good record against them, play him!

For just a minute, i led myself into believing that maybe, just maybe, Ranieri may be sat up on his computer, tea in one hand and mouse in the other, asking himself;

"Maybe i did get everything wrong last year when i won the premiership. Maybe Steve who works at Argos on collection point A is right and maybe i should drop Vardy and Mahrez for a crucial champions league game. Oh...and wheres that young Polish lad i paid over 7 mil for, i must ask my assistant if he ever arrived....."

Those of you suggesting Mahrez and Vardy be dropped for this game must be out of your minds. Who were our two most dangerous attackers against Bruges? Who frightened the crap out of their defence? Who arguably did more than anyone last season to make this historic fixture a reality?

How do you think the Porto dressing room would feel before kickoff if they see a Leicester team sheet without those two on it??

And, be honest with yourself, how would you feel?

Mahrez and Vardy are our best two players, the ones who committed to us when they could easily have 'done a Kante' This is our first ever home Champions League game. This is what they stayed for. Rest assured they will be up for this fixture like no other. Claudio told it like it is at Old Trafford. They will be playing v Porto. We need them. At the highest level that extra bit of quality is so often decisive. Win this one and we are more than halfway towards being among the top 16 teams in Europe.

It promises to be an amazing night. Let's all get behind our beloved team and make it one to treasure for ever.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I have no worries about this game and predict a 3-1 home win.

I would play Vardy over Slim though. Porto will know Slim very well (despite his record against them). They won't be handle to handle Vardy. And I'd play Shinji in behind Vardy. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Yea shinji and vardy for first half.  Please no kingy.... let's continue with amarty

On 9/24/2016 at 14:51, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Hopefully they reimburse the fans that went half of their money then. 

If CR gave up at halftime why shouldn't the fans get half their money back.

Crap post, Ranieri decided to protect his most valuable players by saving them for Porto.

A perfectly reasonable decision considering we were 4-0 down away at Man Utd with 45 mins to play.

10 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Why is it ridiculous dropping Vardy? Is obviously one of our best players but clearly needs a kick up the arse and has been poor so far this year. Musa deserves to be given a start. Can't keep relying on our 'heroes' from last season and be loyal to them because of their heroics, if people aren't performing then they should be dropped no matter who they are

Did you watch the Chelsea match on Tuesday?

He did nothing to suggest he deserves Vardy's place.

2 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

People pay a lot of money, Ranieri gave up at half time. That's unacceptable. 

Unacceptable to you, good management to me.

The game was gone bar a footballing miracle, I'd rather he protect his key players for such an important game in three days rather than flog them chasing a game that is already lost.

If Vardy and Mahrez perform 1% better on Tuesday because of this then it was the right decision.

Despite the hiding handed out to Brugge, the CL is notoriously difficult for teams new to it. Porto are CL veterens and will be a tough proposition. I don't want to be defeatist, but given their home draw in the first game, I think a draw midweek would be a decent result for us. I simply don't think we can afford a defeat after yesterdays horror show. To those predicting a comfortable win, I don't share your confidence but I sure hope you are right. Feel free to call me out for negativity after the game if we put them to the sword.

Archived