Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Porto (home) Pre-Match Thread

32 minutes ago, Royston. said:

if we're starting with gray i'd rather drop albrighton than mahrez but i guess albrighton is better defensively which is what you want in a winger.

suspect we will be happy with a point from this game so maybe an extra man in midfield and sacrifice a striker?

if i predict a 3-0 defeat i cant possibly be disappointed can i?:thumbup:

Porto has poor away form in the CL.

3 points please. Gray, Okazaki and Musa on second half.

59 minutes ago, Royston. said:

if we're starting with gray i'd rather drop albrighton than mahrez but i guess albrighton is better defensively which is what you want in a winger.

suspect we will be happy with a point from this game so maybe an extra man in midfield and sacrifice a striker?

if i predict a 3-0 defeat i cant possibly be disappointed can i?:thumbup:

Umm we were 4-0 at half time against united so you could be dissapointed predicting only a 3-0 defeat lol

hopefully not though 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Kasper was training (well he was running) this morning

doubt he will be out for three weeks on that basis! 

Plus he's just been selected for the Denmark squad and doubt they'd select him if he wasn't fit and out for 3 weeks 

It's hard to allow that defence to be rewarded with our home debut in the Champions League but what alternative have we got?

At home right now isn't the problem anyway, it's away against the better teams where we seem incapable of adjusting our play. Last season we seldom had to but every single player was bang on it it every game, this season we've several players still under par and we're getting battered but Claudio is yet to deem this worthy or a change to our system.

Kasper if fit

Hernandez

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs (just)

Mahrez

Drinkwater

Amartey

Albrighton (just)

Vardy (just)

Slimani

Subs: Okazaki, Chilwell, Kaputska, Gray, Musa, Zieler, King

The players I've put just next to I think are lucky not to be dropped at the minute and I think Simpson needs a rest from this one full stop.

16 hours ago, esoog said:

Vardy Mahrez, Morgan ....won us the flipping premiership title! You'd leave them off in the first home CL game? lol

Now I know why we are getting is so wrong this season I thought a team was 11 players. Yes leave any out of form player out. Last season has gone and they were paid for it. Football is about form not sentiment.

Had we perhaps smashed up last seasons back 4 with 2 new.cb's and a right back we could have 18pts like man c. Players will come and go the club will remain. Personally my support is for LCFC not single players. Perhaps you should buy a half n half scarf for the Chelsea game. Vardy one end Costa the other.

I'm well up for this and was hoping the bruges and burnley game meant our players were starting to get back into the swing of things, the last shambolic defensive display has me nervous, but I'd still go with same team if poss that played bruges, it was a good win and I think can get a 2nd win in the group stage,  hopefully that will allow the players to be more relaxed In the next games before cl fixtures(Chelsea and spurs away)

I think this is very winnable, and for that reason I would like to see CR tinker abit, with a new formation. Keep more possession, sure up defensively, utilise set pieces inc long throws to Slimani. I'd go for:

Porto Home:                          Schmeichel.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Hernandez         Huth.             Morgan.       Fuchs.                   
                                                     Amartey.                                                                                  
                                King.                             Drinkwater.                                                                            
                                                      Mahrez.                              
                                  Slimani.                        Vardy.

Guest LCFC_World

Kasper 

Albrighton

Morgan

Huth

Hernandez

Fuchs

Drinky

mendy / Amartey

Mahrez

Musa

Vardy

Will never happen but would love to see something similar. Mahrez to have the freedom to roam anywhere, can even move to the wing if necessary, Drinky can push forward at times. We know Albrighton can do a job at RWB and it was always said that Fuch's best position was LWB. 

25 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I think this is very winnable, and for that reason I would like to see CR tinker abit, with a new formation. Keep more possession, sure up defensively, utilise set pieces inc long throws to Slimani. I'd go for:

Porto Home:                          Schmeichel.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Hernandez         Huth.             Morgan.       Fuchs.                   
                                                     Amartey.                                                                                  
                                King.                             Drinkwater.                                                                            
                                                      Mahrez.                              
                                  Slimani.                        Vardy.

Not really sure what formation that is... if it's 41212 I'd like to se it given a go... if it's 433 with vardy out wide I'll pretend that I've not seen it

442 Diamond? Really?

God, that was dull under Pearson.

Cannot really see Ranieri changing his system for a home game.....But i'd love a return to the 3-5-2.

...................................Zieler

...........Hernandez......Morgan........Huth

.Albrighton...........Amartey.....Drinky............Fuchs

..................................Mahrez

.....................Slimani...............Vardy

Benefits of also being able to change to any formation at anytime. 

The players haven't turned back into Championship standard players overnight. I think Claudio just needs to be a bit more creative and proactive with his tactics this season.

Certainly wouldn't be against the 3-5-2 being reintroduced, especially for the tough games. Albrighton, Fuchs and Schlupp would all fit in perfectly to the wing back positions, more cover/solidarity at the back, more bodies/less space in midfield when defending, still keeps our threat up top with 2 strikers.

Saying that though, we look a different animal at home and I think he will stick to 4-4-2 tomorrow night. As long as we're on our game (which I think we will be, the place will be bouncing), we will be competitive.

442, get in there faces and I don't think they'll like it. Either that or they'll get someone sent off through play-acting.

Not seen Porto play for a while so unsure how they like to play, I imagine they'll have lot of the ball with their technical players. It seems fist goal is going to be crucial in every game for us this season, confidence appears fragile. Important we avoid conceding an early goal.

Score draw.

18 minutes ago, Grewks said:

442 Diamond? Really?

God, that was dull under Pearson.

Cannot really see Ranieri changing his system for a home game.....But i'd love a return to the 3-5-2.

...................................Zieler

...........Hernandez......Morgan........Huth

.Albrighton...........Amartey.....Drinky............Fuchs

..................................Mahrez

.....................Slimani...............Vardy

Benefits of also being able to change to any formation at anytime. 

Albrighton whipping balls in with his right foot, Fuchs with his left... slimani would have a field day, same goes for mahrez having a  Bit more freedom 

Expecting us to get a draw out of this, and desperately hoping for a win, Given Slimani's history against Porto, he is a "must play". If Mendy is fit, my thoughts are he should line up with Drinkwater and Amartey benched to cover for either later in the 2nd half (or if the ref decideds to start flashing cards at anything that moves fast in a blue shirt) . Generally I ould prefer Simpson to Hernandez, but he'll need to sharpen up a bit getting into position when defending, and Hernandez's long throw is a useful tool if only we could leard how to get on the end of it. Would like to see Shinji on to start (not going to happen though) and Vardy coming on 2nd half.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It's hard to allow that defence to be rewarded with our home debut in the Champions League but what alternative have we got?

At home right now isn't the problem anyway, it's away against the better teams where we seem incapable of adjusting our play. Last season we seldom had to but every single player was bang on it it every game, this season we've several players still under par and we're getting battered but Claudio is yet to deem this worthy or a change to our system.

Kasper if fit

Hernandez

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs (just)

Mahrez

Drinkwater

Amartey

Albrighton (just)

Vardy (just)

Slimani

Subs: Okazaki, Chilwell, Kaputska, Gray, Musa, Zieler, King

The players I've put just next to I think are lucky not to be dropped at the minute and I think Simpson needs a rest from this one full stop.

They're all lucky not to be dropped, who put a shift in against Man U? No one, apart from Drinkwater. Unfortunately in most cases they're the best we've got.

As much as I don't rate Simpson Hernandez is extremely poor as a right back. An area we really should have strengthened in the summer.

Gray could come in for either Mahrez or Albrighton and I wouldn't complain. We need to get shut of Amartey asap, would actually even contemplate playing King instead, certainly at home, until Mendy's fit enough to prove himself.

World Football Database Club Rankings:

Arsenal: 11

Leicester: 13

Liverpool: 21

Porto: 24

Manchester United: 29

Brugge: 95

Swansea: 96

Hull: 207

Burnley: 355

Some of you sound silly citing flat track bully performances against Brugge and Burnley like it means something when we're about to play Porto. We've had 3 tests against Porto caliber teams and we got smoked twice and drew to a poor Arsenal side at home. Top level opposition are able of capitalizing on just a single mistake.

Agree with what you're saying, but those rankings make no sense.
New Saints of Oswestry, formerly TNS are ranked 57!
Ground capacity 2000!

19 hours ago, MattCan said:

That seems to be the case indeed.

Wich is very logical considering the over achievement of the previous season. ..the club is still on course for it set targets.

Business wise if Leicester finish top 10 and reaches the semis of the Champion's league it would be great.

Archived