Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Porto (home) Pre-Match Thread

7 hours ago, AlgerianFox said:

It is obvious that the Champion's league is the owner priority this year and not get relegated.

Ranieri was doing some damage control in the second half yesterday ...grey was flamboyant it is just a shame that he can only shine when everybody else is transparent ;)... nice goal.

Slimani is useless if you don't feed him balls that he can turn into goals if you don't play him to his potential I am asking myself why dif you buy him (altough I am still baffled as to why did you pay 35 when you could have paid 30 a couple of months before deadline)... a priority change maybe?

Porto are not easy but Slimani has proven many time that he can score against them...can he get the service with Leicester to do it again.

That seems to be the case indeed.

On September 24, 2016 at 14:54, adam said:

Pathetic by the manager. Those two should not be rested for Tuesday they should be dropped for it. He is too afraid to drop them. They should of been made to play the second half and prove they deserve a chance .We can't keep picking our team based on us winning the league last year. 

That s true fr  mahrez  not  for  vardy 

S   M   H  F

DD  Amartey ( Mendy if fit ) 

Okazaki

Gray   Vardy    Musa

Slimani  mahrez  and ulloa 2 nd Half

Kasper

Simpson  Morgan  Huth  Fuchs

Amartey   

Mahrez                     Albrighton

Drinkwater

Slimani               Vardy

With the amount of goals leicester have conceded then they may benefit from a defensive midfield player slotting in behind Drinkwater. Wouldn't really make changes despite the loss to Manchester United. Team came out battling second half and hopefully can carry it on.

World Football Database Club Rankings:

Arsenal: 11

Leicester: 13

Liverpool: 21

Porto: 24

Manchester United: 29

Brugge: 95

Swansea: 96

Hull: 207

Burnley: 355

Some of you sound silly citing flat track bully performances against Brugge and Burnley like it means something when we're about to play Porto. We've had 3 tests against Porto caliber teams and we got smoked twice and drew to a poor Arsenal side at home. Top level opposition are able of capitalizing on just a single mistake.

3 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Kasper

Simpson  Morgan  Huth  Fuchs

Amartey   

Mahrez                     Albrighton

Drinkwater

Slimani               Vardy

With the amount of goals leicester have conceded then they may benefit from a defensive midfield player slotting in behind Drinkwater. Wouldn't really make changes despite the loss to Manchester United. Team came out battling second half and hopefully can carry it on.

That team was minus Vardy and Mahrez..... Just an FYI. 

Also Gray should feel very hard done by if it's he's left out. Played really well on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

That team was minus Vardy and Mahrez..... Just an FYI. 

Also Gray should feel very hard done by if it's he's left out. Played really well on Saturday. 

It was however i still see them as a big threat and therefore i would keep them in the team. Gray was great however for Porto i think he would be better used a substitute for when their players begin to tire.

Maybe given his shot against Soton depending on how Mahrez and Albrighton play.

1 hour ago, Callabinho said:

I do kind of agree with Dr The Singh, I'd happily see Mahrez dropped because he simply isn't with it. Vardy I would start though, as I think it's more us as a team than him that's lacking. 

Riyad was great against burnley in his previous outing. what precisely did he do so terribly wrong on Saturday? 

stop looking for scapegoats - the problem is in the players heads and that's down to a combination of the instructions from the management and the fact they are struggling to extricate that small percentage from their bodies that makes all the difference in games once they think they may not win.  

if if we are shocking tomorrow (that doesn't include Porto being brilliant) then start worrying. 

8 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Some of you sound silly citing flat track bully performances against Brugge and Burnley like it means something when we're about to play Porto. We've had 3 tests against Porto caliber teams and we got smoked twice and drew to a poor Arsenal side at home. Top level opposition are able of capitalizing on just a single mistake.

I agree to some extent, but who makes these rankings? How can Liverpool be higher than Man U even though they've finished below them in recent years? And I don't really agree we can be given 13th place (though I'll take it). 

The Porto game will be completely different to Liv/Man U games. Our players will be pumped up, we will be playing at home and Porto will be playing in a foreign country. 

Completely different circumstances, it certainly won't be easy like some are saying, but I definitely do not expect a thumping like our recent away games.

8 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

like fu ck there's 12 better sides in the world than us and like bigger fu ck arsenal are one of them. load of my arse. 

if we're starting with gray i'd rather drop albrighton than mahrez but i guess albrighton is better defensively which is what you want in a winger.

suspect we will be happy with a point from this game so maybe an extra man in midfield and sacrifice a striker?

if i predict a 3-0 defeat i cant possibly be disappointed can i?:thumbup:

Archived