Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Porto (home) Pre-Match Thread

3 hours ago, John Williams said:

I think: 
Especially if Leicester plays in blue and Porto in any colour except black,

Leicester will win (a very good score).

Thanks for doing these, far more interesting and detailed than the usual crap predictions of "3-2, vardy slim x2" etc

It would seem Porto's away kit is black though!

1 hour ago, portofan said:

You're making me blush, man! :D

Porto is a great club used to be followed by Algerians in the 80' ( shame we didn't have forums at that time we could have virtually invaded you :))

Madjer did a very good job there and we are really wishing Brahimi the very best for you and for team DZ.

Leicester has our 2 of our this generatio finest as well and we are reallly praying for their success.

Tomorrow is going to be football feast, msy thebest win.

13 minutes ago, AlgerianFox said:

Porto is a great club used to be followed by Algerians in the 80' ( shame we didn't have forums at that time we could have virtually invaded you :))

Madjer did a very good job there and we are really wishing Brahimi the very best for you and for team DZ.

Leicester has our 2 of our this generatio finest as well and we are reallly praying for their success.

Tomorrow is going to be football feast, msy thebest win.

Yes, Rabah Madjer is a legend here in Porto. Every fan loves him. Never forget that backheel vs Bayern Munich in the 1987 Champions League Final.

Regarding the game, it's going to be a tough match against the English champions, but hopefully Porto takes advantage of the fact that we are playing the competition for the 21st time and Leicester's inexperience in the CL. I predict a 1-1 draw.

5 hours ago, Grewks said:

Cannot really see Ranieri changing his system for a home game.....But i'd love a return to the 3-5-2.

...................................Zieler

...........Hernandez......Morgan........Huth

.Albrighton...........Amartey.....Drinky............Fuchs

..................................Mahrez

.....................Slimani...............Vardy

Benefits of also being able to change to any formation at anytime. 

Wouldn't mind this....formation easily adaptable. Kasper for Zieler if available.

23 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

We've spunked the league up the wall so far. We need to have a really good go in what could be our only CL campaign in years. King needs to be nowhere near the starting line up. We need hard work and desire - no passengers. 

How insulting to one of the best servants this club's ever had...and a guy who's got the honours to prove it.   

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

True though

As evidenced in what way? 

Seems to me we did a lot better against United when King came on than without him, for all that United eased off.

Seems strange that both Leicester and Wales have done so unusually well during King's involvement.

5 hours ago, Grewks said:

442 Diamond? Really?

God, that was dull under Pearson.

Cannot really see Ranieri changing his system for a home game.....But i'd love a return to the 3-5-2.

Would like to see this formation if we continue to struggle as I think it could get the best out of Mahrez and hopefully tighten up our defence too. 

Leicster us  a fairy tale story and  we/all need/hope  to  continue,  even the defeats against Liverpool and man united seems to keep Leicester respected in the EPL even a place between 6-10 will be regarded as a continuation of the fairy tale story,

People know that Leicester is in the CL and have ranked it 9 or 10 among the eurpean teams in the CL which mean Leicester will come out of the groupe stage and the I pit  depend on the draw result in December, and this is why I want that Leicester will come first in the groupe before Porto as a runner up, this will avoid to play against big teams as first seeded teams and this will let Leicester continue its  fairy tale story as for Porto they are familiar to play big teams,

A win tomorrow will do positive impact on us all

37 minutes ago, Thracian said:

How insulting to one of the best servants this club's ever had...and a guy who's got the honours to prove it.   

Oh please. Nobody is questioning his loyalty and dedication to the club. He is somebody you'd bring on to try and see out the last 20 minutes. You are deluding yourself if you think he is good enough to start at home in the Champions League.

Zieler

Hernandez       Morgan ........ Huth         . Fuchs

.Albrighton 

Mahrez /Gray     DD            musa/kapustka

Slimani ............... Vardy

9 minutes ago, sl27 said:

Zieler

Hernandez       Morgan ........ Huth         . Fuchs

.Albrighton 

Mahrez /Gray     DD            musa/kapustka

Slimani ............... Vardy

good try (albrighton at centre) i'm also keen to see this happen.

34 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Oh please. Nobody is questioning his loyalty and dedication to the club. He is somebody you'd bring on to try and see out the last 20 minutes. You are deluding yourself if you think he is good enough to start at home in the Champions League.

Deluded? From what I've seen, our section of the Champions League is considerably weaker than the top end of The Premiership and if Amartey played for Copenhagen I can't imagine the standard when we get to them will be so outstanding either. Kingy's well up to it. Bruges were nothing special. Even I'd have fancied my chances of a goal as a young un! :).            

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I'd stick with Zieler if there is any doubt, he's not done badly has he, not worth the risk, if he's 100% fair enough get him back in. Reading into that we wont have Mendy available. 

The whole defensive unit is not as cohesive as last season as yet but there have been one or two goals I am dissapointed Zieler has let in (not to say I think he has done badly as I don't but just saying)

anyway Up the Foxes

7 hours ago, Grewks said:

442 Diamond? Really?

God, that was dull under Pearson.

I like that a lot. Extra CB to shore up the leaky defence, Fuchs and Albrighton perfect for the wingback role, both like to get forward and are capable of whipping in great crosses. Mahrez moved to a more central role is ideal as he can go missing out wide, bound to be involved in the game more and provides the perfect link to our forwards. Just can't see Ranieri changing the system that has served us so well though, despite every man and his dog seeing that without you know who, it's just not working anymore in the main.

Archived