Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Porto (home) Pre-Match Thread

46 minutes ago, los dedos said:

So Porto are training on our pitch tonight and their smiling,SMILING!!!!!

FB_IMG_1474917437150.jpg

FB_IMG_1474917422274.jpg

Looks like the first guy is laughing because he's done a nipple twister on the second guy. Second guy is laughing, but deep down his feelings are hurt, and his nip is really stinging. Trouble brewing in the Porto camp there, team cannot stay together in the face of such out of control antics.

11 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Looks like the first guy is laughing because he's done a nipple twister on the second guy. Second guy is laughing, but deep down his feelings are hurt, and his nip is really stinging. Trouble brewing in the Porto camp there, team cannot stay together in the face of such out of control antics.

Glad you've cleared that up i was worried the second guy was having a heart attack!

4 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Glad you've cleared that up i was worried the second guy was having a heart attack!

If we can't beat a team that has heart attacks during training, we really need to work on our fitness training.

Interestingly, in the first pic it looks like Ben Hamer's beard has signed for Porto after it left the club (and Ben's face)

10 hours ago, sylofox said:

Now I know why we are getting is so wrong this season I thought a team was 11 players. Yes leave any out of form player out. Last season has gone and they were paid for it. Football is about form not sentiment.

Had we perhaps smashed up last seasons back 4 with 2 new.cb's and a right back we could have 18pts like man c. Players will come and go the club will remain. Personally my support is for LCFC not single players. Perhaps you should buy a half n half scarf for the Chelsea game. Vardy one end Costa the other.

Think I will buy a scarf and ring it around your neck for such a stupid statement! 5000-1 these lads fought their arses off to bring the city a miracle. Then signed a new contract (loyalty). First half a dozen games of the new season you'd drop them. For who?? 6,000 posts later get a life 

On 25 September 2016 at 16:18, Keith Wellers Tights said:

Despite the hiding handed out to Brugge, the CL is notoriously difficult for teams new to it. Porto are CL veterens and will be a tough proposition. I don't want to be defeatist, but given their home draw in the first game, I think a draw midweek would be a decent result for us. I simply don't think we can afford a defeat after yesterdays horror show. To those predicting a comfortable win, I don't share your confidence but I sure hope you are right. Feel free to call me out for negativity after the game if we put them to the sword.

This isn't negativity mate, especially for this forum - a sensible post.

I still can't really get my head round the fact I'm going to my first ever champions league game on Tuesday.

It will be historic and I keep remembering a conversation I had with an old mate several years ago. 

He's a gooner  and had a spare ticket to see an ECL game against PSV.

I told him thanks but if I ever went to an ECL game it would only ever to be to see city.

His reply was 'so you never want to see an ECL game ever?

Well now bloody look.

cant wait.

Whatever the outcome, let's make our team, our club, our city proud.

On 24/9/2016 at 15:51, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Hopefully they reimburse the fans that went half of their money then. 

If CR gave up at halftime why shouldn't the fans get half their money back.

I really don't understand this way of thinking. The mentality that because you're a fan and pay to go see your team in a stadium, you're entitled to get refunds when you're disappointed? Do you ask for your money back at the cinema if the movie sucked as well? Incidentally we 'won' the second half 1-0, so surely Ranieri improved things by subbing Vardy and Mahrez.

City take on Porto tonight in their first-ever Champions League game at the King Power Stadium and they don't want to get on the wrong side of Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir.

Cakir has handed out 11 yellow cards and one red card in his last two domestic games. He has also sent off Steven Gerrard in an England game in 2012 and he has dismissed Gary Cahill and John Terry in separate Chelsea games in the past.

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/players-are-scared/story-29752062-detail/story.html#6RsrPTHTQb1yiJhR.99

Had to book days holiday,  should have been at work this afternoon till 10pm, proper looking forward to this, but it's gonna be a long day. Feel sorry for everyone at work, gonna all be clock watching,

this is what we all dreamed of and never believed would happen, confident of a win,  unbeaten at home in a year coyb

Archived