Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

As I thought. Agent/Player suggest they are open to a move - clubs are alerted and come in with bids. Forces Leicester's hand to offer new bumper contract and also perhaps guarantee of more playing time. 

In Shakey's words, he is very committed to the club (now).. aka thanks for doubling my wages, I was never that fussed about leaving :thumbup:

I like Gray though. Think he could become a top player outside the top 4-5 clubs. Still young(ish) and actually think although he has oodles of talent, he is actually maturing slower than many other players his age. Glad we can tie him down to a new contract as I think a bit of patience from him and ourselves, could be really beneficial in the future. 

• Like 1

I think he's a 'confidence-type' of player.

When he's on it mentally, he'll make less mistakes and make the right on-field decisions.

When he dived, despite in a very decent position to shoot, against Huddersfield near the end - this made me convinced that he's this type of player.

No doubting his ability, but he must concentrate more in decent situations and figure out what is actually best to do.

14 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

My patience with him ran out on Saturday. His pathetic dive rather than attempt to score a last minute winner really got on my nerves. 

He must have watched the wrong video of "Ronaldo the early years" :o

14 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

My patience with him ran out on Saturday. His pathetic dive rather than attempt to score a last minute winner really got on my nerves. 

If he had applied himself properly in that situation we win that game and we get another 2 points.

Absolutely pathetic decision, 100% bottled the shot opportunity. 

Regarding the Ronaldo comparison, when Ronaldo first arrived in the Premier League his decision making was awful. He kept running past players and beating them but had no end product or ability to deliver into the box. He also got pushed off the ball too easily and dived like there was no tomorrow. Still it was obvious he had a lot of talent and potential. It's credit to Ferguson and the Manchester United coaching staff that they toughened him up and in his second season he started showing far better crossing and making an impact on the team. Still it took a few more seasons before he turned into an absolute beast including the year he won the golden boot., and this is Cristiano Ronaldo we are talking about - a player who when he is done may be in contention for the best player of all time.

I doubt Demari Gray will be on that level, but if could improve that decision making and stop being such a whiner he could go places quickly. At his best, he really does look good. Of course the biggest difference between the top players is their decision making. The best always seem like they have ages on the ball and more often than not make the right decision. Robert Pires and Freddie Ljungberg used to score 10-20 goals per season from the wing and I think Gray could eventually do that (though possibly not for us the way we play at the moment). The same could largely be said of Mahrez too - how often does he try to dribble at someone and lose the ball and concede possession? Too often, but when he does it right he looks like a world beater.

Edited by StriderHiryu

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Its pretty clear he was pushed. Savvy foul by the defender

no he wasn't pushed. he didn't even contest the decision himself which says it all. 

he purposely delayed pulling the trigger and then went down super easy under a light touch from the defender.

any player with a real set of balls uses his strength to stay up there and get a shot away. 

went down far too easy. 

People just want a stick to beat him up with, and that new stick is "the dive"! If another player did it, won't name anyone but he wouldn't get this treatment (of course said player deserves some leeway for all that he is done), the ref and the defender would've been blamed for what happened!

Get this into your heads, a winger who can light things up game in, game out (especially in this dreadful 4-4-2) won't be playing for Leicester!

Some posters in here can except a limited fullback or a winger who's best attribute is defending because its little 'ol Leicester, but its unforgivable for a flair winger to do any thing wrong.

Edited by the fox

2 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

If he had applied himself properly in that situation we win that game and we get another 2 points.

Absolutely pathetic decision, 100% bottled the shot opportunity. 

It was a tough shot with the defender breathing on his neck, if anyone bottled the game, it was vardy.

The difference is 

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

People just want a stick to beat him up with, and that new stick is "the dive"! If another player did it, won't name anyone but he wouldn't get this treatment (of course said player deserves some leeway for all that he is done), the ref and the defender would've been blamed for what happened!

The difference is that when Vardy dives he either wins something for it or, if not, he gets a pass because he regularly contributes with goals, wins, etc. 

Gray is currently a player who needs to prove himself to his coach and the fans so when he has an opportunity to take a shot and win the game in the dying minutes - he needs to take the shot. 

He didn't and he's rightly catching shit for it. 

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

The difference is that when Vardy dives he either wins something for it or, if not, he gets a pass because he regularly contributes with goals, wins, etc. 

And I get it, I totally do, but give the guy a break, with trial and error, he will better himslf.

The boy is talented, he even improved a lot, he is now a better defender and isn't shooting everytime he gets the chance, and for that, I will give him some slack because those were my two main problems I had with him.

This season he will mature, I was against him getting the keys of the team from riyad, but after seeing that he is working on his game, I'm totally invested in him.

Next season we will get a double digit player in our hands.

I see the development of young players as a jigsaw puzzle, the more talented your body is, the less the pieces you will have to put together.

The lad has an amazing, talented body! He only needs the intangibles (leadership, decision making and tough mentality)

He isn't like those run of the mill dumb brutes (footballing wise), he has something special! A diamond isn't a thing you pick off a tree, you got to invest time and dig deep.

10 minutes ago, the fox said:

And I get it, I totally do, but give the guy a break, with trial and error, he will better himslf.

The boy is talented, he even improved a lot, he is now a better defender and isn't shooting everytime he gets the chance, and for that, I will give him some slack because those were my two main problems I had with him.

This season he will mature, I was against him getting the keys of the team from riyad, but after seeing that he is working on his game, I'm totally invested in him.

Next season we will get a double digit player in our hands.

I don't disagree but if everyone else in the moment leading up to that non-shot/dive knew of the importance of his decision making then so should he.

He gets paid a princely sum of money to put the ball in the net and he's got a number of doubters he needs to prove wrong at the moment.

He should have known that every single set of eyes on him would have been looking for the right decision and he chose the wrong decision.

He will only get so many chances. 

Ronaldo trained and played with world class players, so he had to improve every day to even get a place on their bench.

Gray doesn't have that luxury(playing/training with world class players)or requirement to improve much to get in the match day squad.

to turn talent in to class, you must have the right development oppurtunities(coaching, matches etc..)and most importantly, the desire to be the best player that you can be.

he has great ability and I hope he makes a top player.

He was running full pelt he got a nudge so he was off balance, any attempt at a shot would have gone horribly wide because he was off balance. It looked a penalty at full speed, but slow motion it looked a little soft. He was damned either way, shoot off balance and skew it wide, or go down under the contact and hope the ref gives it. That's how I saw it anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Thought he was better today.

Looked much more eager, and the cross to Slimani was nearly a fantastic one for the potential third goal.

Very happy with him, that's more like it. It helps now with Albrighton being dog mess this season. If he doesn't get rewarded with a run of games then I would understand him wanting out. That cross was nearly exceptional, was weighted to near perfection. So difficult as well. Much better Dimmi.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

Does need to be less greedy though 

Agreed. His cross to slim at the end was pretty good though. But he needs to stop shooting when he isn't any good at it.

I don't mind starting him over Albrighton, who has been extremely inconsistent lately