Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

5 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Agreed. His cross to slim at the end was pretty good though. But he needs to stop shooting when he isn't any good at it.

I don't mind starting him over Albrighton, who has been extremely inconsistent lately 

Yes, he's got no shooting potential. :whistle:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Agreed. His cross to slim at the end was pretty good though. But he needs to stop shooting when he isn't any good at it.

I don't mind starting him over Albrighton, who has been extremely inconsistent lately 

He's a fine finisher when cutting in from the left and keeping it low. Scored a number of goals like that for England and has been very unlucky on several for us. It's when he goes trying for the blast job where he's pony.

I love Albrighton but not exactly sure what he offers us at the moment. Tonight first half most of Liverpool attack came down our right. Robertson and Coutinho had a field day with Albrighton & Amartey. On our left, Gray & Chilwell, they had Ox very quiet. 

• Like 1

I thought he was going to be the same old Gray after the first half, when on a couple of occasions he should have passed or put a striker through rather than run into a blind alley or had a potshot.

Credit it to him though, he was much much better in the second half, and put in a shift defensively. Keep that Half's performance up, and look to pass before shooting, and he'll easily keep Albrighton out of the team on current form. The latter's just not on his game at the moment.

Edited by CloudFox

Like many of them, flashes of excellent play and then some crap. But, the likes of him and Chilwell will only learn from their mistakes by playing more games. 

He is direct and causes a lot of problems when he gets some space.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Like many of them, flashes of excellent play and then some crap. But, the likes of him and Chilwell will only learn from their mistakes by playing more games. 

Could be said for at least half of our players atm. Albrighton needs a break IMO. He's gone off the rails big time.

IMO Gray is further ahead in his development than Chilwell. Chilwell worries me as I don't think he's that good. 

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Could be said for at least half of our players atm. Albrighton needs a break IMO. He's gone off the rails big time.

IMO Gray is further ahead in his development than Chilwell. Chilwell worries me as I don't think he's that good. 

Yeah as I've said repeatedly, they were all like that. Only three had a consistent level of contribution.

I suppose that can be put down to lack of games, lack of playing together and playing with 10 men until Ulloa went off.

It's good to see he is learning, as I thought he would.

Used the ball a lot better tonight when he got into threatening positions. Still rough around the edges, but the lad is 20. Bundles of talent, certainly knocking on the door of Marc Albrighton now.

Has to be one of the most frustrating players I've ever seen! He's got it all really. He's quick, agile, got good feet and can dribble with the ball.

But he don't bloody pass! The number of times Gray does a great run, but then opts to shoot from the edge of the area rather than look up and square it to a fella with so much more space!

Surely this can be trained into him?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Has to be one of the most frustrating players I've ever seen! He's got it all really. He's quick, agile, got good feet and can dribble with the ball.

But he don't bloody pass! The number of times Gray does a great run, but then opts to shoot from the edge of the area rather than look up and square it to a fella with so much more space!

Surely this can be trained into him?

I agree with you BUT......

At least he is getting there, at least he makes things happen.  Mahrez, Knockaert, (Ronaldo - obviously not comparing quality wise) all have received the same criticism.  Let's see.  I like him.  At least when he gets the ball there is a little excited anticipation.  He ran all over the place last night too, tackled back and was the first to celebrate with Slimani.  Honestly, I think most of the flack he gets on here is down to the way his face looks which, when you think about it, makes those people fvcking idiots.

X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 4