Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

We already knew he isn't yet good enough so don't go mad at him, go mad at the clowns who made such a **** up of recruitment that he's had to play out of position in about 15 games this year.

Loan him next season, he isn't a lost cause yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

Exactly, but atleast Benny's poor performances are interwined with good ones. Amartey, apart from the Swansea home game, has been poor pretty much every game. Infact hes looked progressively worst as the season has gone on. Unfortunately he's just not PL standard.

Not really. He had blinders v Porto and Man City. What we've actually seen is a kid blow hot and cold (mostly cold) in a team that was doing likewise. 

• Like 3

He was poor tonight but equally so was his central midfield partner NDidi. The latter is starting to lose the impetus and drive he had in his first few games. He was no better than Amartey tonight. Both have got into the habit of passing and stopping rather than moving into space and seemed unable to help the defence or the attack. They gave the ball away and seemed unable to gee themselves up to win it back or even track a player. Both got a footballing lesson from Wanyama. 

Edited by funkyrobot

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

He was poor tonight but equally so was his central midfield partner NDidi. The latter is starting to lose the impetus and drive he had in his first few games. He was no better than Amartey tonight. Both have got into the habit of passing and stopping rather than moving into space and seemed unable to help the defence or the attack. They gave the ball away and seemed unable to gee themselves up to win it back or even track a player. Both got a footballing lesson from Wanyama. 

Have to agree. And said so in the match thread. Ndidi was as clueless as Amartey in terms of not having the first clue what was happening around them. Wanyama bossed them on his own actually. He was singly better than both of them. I thought he had an exceptional game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm still none the wiser as to what the lad offers if I'm honest.

Supposedly his position is CB. It appears as if we won't play him there and if that's the case then it's probably best for everyone involved if he leaves.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

No

A few balls he passed and little bits here and there he showed decent skill and something to build on 

His passing was alright tonight, I thought going forwards we weren't too bad for most of the game. Just a shambles defensively.

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

His passing was alright tonight, I thought going forwards we weren't too bad for most of the game. Just a shambles defensively.

Exactly passing wise he was good, something to build on 

Defence we were all over the place, lack of communication 

And didn't help playing with 1 recognised CB who who is hit and miss at best 

Didn't think he was that bad but obviously isn't good enough yet. He hasn't been helped by the team this season though. 

This is easier said than done but we need someone to whip that midfield into shape. Cambiasso-esque, except younger and quicker. If we have an injury to Drinkwater next season and James isn't up to it, we could be in for some bad times.

Loan will help him. 

The guy is 22 and is just over a year into his playing time in the toughest league in the world. He's been sub-par this season but he's worth persevering with. His form has been noticeably worse since returning form the AFCON but before then he was doing fine. A loan could be the way forward for him but I'd give him pre-season with us and observe his use in a variety of positions. He's one of very few players, if not the only player, we have who can cover a wide variety of positions, therefore he's still an asset to us. Also feel he needs to bulk up a bit, as his main flaw is he isn't as strong in the tackle as Kante/Ndidi.

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Didn't think he was that bad but obviously isn't good enough yet. He hasn't been helped by the team this season though. 

This is easier said than done but we need someone to whip that midfield into shape. Cambiasso-esque, except younger and quicker. If we have an injury to Drinkwater next season and James isn't up to it, we could be in for some bad times.

Loan will help him. 

Quite simply I think someone has to make way in the squad and that's going to have to be King, James or Mendy. The problem is there are a lot of question marks about Mendy because he's just not been fit all season and James hasn't played at this level in two years. You don't want to sack them off before they've had a chance, but if you sack off King you could end up being left with someone who either isn't good enough or can't return to the level they were at before injury.

I can see us actually sticking with what we've got, or getting that elusive 10 that can play both positions.

Just now, Babylon said:

Quite simply I think someone has to make way in the squad and that's going to have to be King, James or Mendy. The problem is there are a lot of question marks about Mendy because he's just not been fit all season and James hasn't played at this level in two years. You don't want to sack them off before they've had a chance, but if you sack off King you could end up being left with someone who either isn't good enough or can't return to the level they were at before injury.

I can see us actually sticking with what we've got, or getting that elusive 10 that can play both positions.

Oh wow, I keep forgetting about Mendy. I would love for him and James to make a difference, but I just don't know. Will be a tough decision this Summer. 

Impressive really the time and patience that many give Amartey on this forum. I wonder why him in particular, when other players don't get nearly as much 'time' or understanding?

I'm afraid all bull-shite aside, I'm still struggling to think of a worse central midfielder at the club in recent years. His awareness of the game around him is almost non-existent. As the stats state, he's actually NOT a very good tackler...and in no way the 'midfield enforcer' that some make him out to be. He won't create many goals, he certainly won't score many goals.

What we have is a 'utility player' that people seem to crave for, whilst ignoring the fact that he's not much good in any position he plays. It can't surely be any coincidence that successive managers have chosen NOT to play him in his supposed best position (CB) and even chose to move Fuchs over last night than play Amartey at CB.

Of course, I expect to get slated on here for this. I wouldn't expect anything else..the usual suspects will jump on the bandwagon as soon as its posted..or I'll get banned.

But it's what I believe. Last night, amongst many others (especially Benny Hill), I thought Amartey looked like a pub player. I really did.

• Like 1

I've yet to see him have a game where I've thought he has the ability to make it as a first teamer. 

He's a good squad player to keep as he can fill in for a few positions but ultimately, he isn't showing the necessary quality.  Whether he has the potential in the locker, I'll leave it to the the coaching staff to determine but I've been disappointed so far.

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Impressive really the time and patience that many give Amartey on this forum. I wonder why him in particular, when other players don't get nearly as much 'time' or understanding?

I'm afraid all bull-shite aside, I'm still struggling to think of a worse central midfielder at the club in recent years. His awareness of the game around him is almost non-existent. As the stats state, he's actually NOT a very good tackler...and in no way the 'midfield enforcer' that some make him out to be. He won't create many goals, he certainly won't score many goals.

What we have is a 'utility player' that people seem to crave for, whilst ignoring the fact that he's not much good in any position he plays. It can't surely be any coincidence that successive managers have chosen NOT to play him in his supposed best position (CB) and even chose to move Fuchs over last night than play Amartey at CB.

Of course, I expect to get slated on here for this. I wouldn't expect anything else..the usual suspects will jump on the bandwagon as soon as its posted..or I'll get banned.

But it's what I believe. Last night, amongst many others (especially Benny Hill), I thought Amartey looked like a pub player. I really did.

You're right.

30 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Been away for ages, come back and you're still banging this one out lol 

He probably isn't good enough. But you've dug him out, while playing in a 2 man midfield against mountains in dembele and Wanyama and the best English midfielder since scholes/lampard/Gerrard Era. 

You go on about not being a good tackler, not creative, and won't score many goals. Yet I'm sure I've seen you defend Shinji, who ticks every one of those boxes, who has been in his prime here at 9 years his senior and cost almost twice as much. 

And for for all intents and purposes, was twice as horrific as him last night, hence why he got dragged.. AGAIN at half time. Rewatch the second goal, and watch Shinji, the protection. There 3 in midfield passed out around our 2 and left Alli in space in front of our midfield. 

Don't let it stop your continual bashing though lol He isn't the worst midfielder in our history, as I don't Class Shinji as a forward, so isn't even the worst at the club at present. 

Edited by ImBlue