Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I don't know why Amartey is getting all this stick, there were worse than him tonight.

You not noticed by now certain players get stick and others escape it entirely. Don't suppose flavour of the month Benny has had much stick despite being woeful.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

It doesn't make sense to judge Amartey when he has barely played CB for us -- and barely played period -- and is stuck with a bunch of defenders playing out of position. Need to see him get some play with the first string defense to see what he can do. Guys like him and Benalouane can be serviceable in spot when playing with a cohesive, experienced back line, which we did not have today. At worst, send him off on a loan next season. He's what, 23? This was not a situation he was likely to excel in.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You not noticed by now certain players get stuck and others escape it entirely. Don't suppose flavour of the month Benny has had much stick despite being woeful.

Benny has had plenty of stick in the match thread and after I think. And rightly so. Tonight he was awful.

While the results play apart. I still think that the overall decision needs to be based more on than just that. What's his philosophy, style of play, coaching techniques, youth team ideas, recruitment etc. If we base it just on results, it will be amateurish. If shakey ticks those boxes for the owners, tonight must written off. It's the bigger picture we need to look at. 

Edit: I have no idea how I switched from the shakey thread to this. Doh!

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
I'm lost
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, vanity said:

It doesn't make sense to judge Amartey when he has barely played CB for us -- and barely played period -- and is stuck with a bunch of defenders playing out of position. Need to see him get some play with the first string defense to see what he can do. Guys like him and Benalouane can be serviceable in spot when playing with a cohesive, experienced back line, which we did not have today. At worst, send him off on a loan next season. He's what, 23? This was not a situation he was likely to excel in.

But, but he played there for Ghana!!

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Benny has had plenty of stick in the match thread and after I think. And rightly so. Tonight he was awful.

Exactly, but atleast Benny's poor performances are interwined with good ones. Amartey, apart from the Swansea home game, has been poor pretty much every game. Infact hes looked progressively worst as the season has gone on. Unfortunately he's just not PL standard.

2 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Exactly, but atleast Benny's poor performances are interwined with good ones. Amartey, apart from the Swansea home game, has been poor pretty much every game. Infact hes looked progressively worst as the season has gone on. Unfortunately he's just not PL standard.

Really?

Hmmmmmm