Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

22 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Still would like to see him tried at CB. Not having that he'd be any worse than Fuchs there. In fact I'd probably rather play Fuchs CM and him CB if they both had to play due to no other available midfielders.

At least when Amartey's on the bench I think of it as a damage limitation exercise. As as last line of defence in front of the goalkeeper, no thanks. 

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

At least when Amartey's on the bench I think of it as a damage limitation exercise. As as last line of defence in front of the goalkeeper, no thanks. 

Did you think similar of Paddy Kisnorbo back in the day when he was playing centre midfield for us? 

He always seems to jog about the place, he is quick and powerful but as soon as someone is ahead of him, he just limply jogs along behind them and makes no attempt to get back into play or win the ball back.

From what I've seen this season I'm not impressed, I don't think he plays at the intensity required in the Premier League and should be sold off.

57 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

He proved himself incapable of competing at either CB or CM last night. 

The game completely passed him by. 

Presumably then we can also write off grey, benalouane and ndidi who were all ineffectual at best. Or perhaps we could acknowledge that last night was an aberration, a patched together and in places experimental team against one of the best sides in the country at the moment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Presumably then we can also write off grey, benalouane and ndidi who were all ineffectual at best. Or perhaps we could acknowledge that last night was an aberration, a patched together and in places experimental team against one of the best sides in the country at the moment.

I have to commend your spirit. Flying in the face of nearly all opinion this season, you stuck to your guns about how we shouldn't sack Ranieri and contributed to page after page on the subject..and you've pretty much always said Amartey is going to come good too.

I don't agree with you over anything very much, especially not these two subjects, but I do admire your conviction. I don't get it, but at least you don't give in.

Think people are being a bit harsh on the lad, he'd only played one full 90 minutes since coming back from AFCON and that was at RB. Gets chucked into an already weakened side against the 2nd best team in the league. Think he needs a season in the championship playing regular football whether that be at CM or CB. He was getting better before AFCON when he was playing consistently.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Not if we wanna finish 9th or above regularly

I want to get too top four.    right now he woukd maje a top 7 side.  But i think both amarty and ndidi have great potential.... it alk deoends on the ficus of theur development.... if he keeps playing in other positions he will fail to shine in either.  Like schlupp

Edited by foxinsocks

1 hour ago, Mease said:

Loan to Championship.

Agree. He's not quite gelled here as yet. I think the first time I saw him he fumbled his first touch. And he's never really impressed massively after that.

With a good loan spell in the Championship he could return a new player.

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

Did you think similar of Paddy Kisnorbo back in the day when he was playing centre midfield for us? 

Kisnorbo's problem - if memory serves -  was not so much defending in itself,  but doing something constructive when he got the ball. 

11 hours ago, Babylon said:

Quite simply I think someone has to make way in the squad and that's going to have to be King, James or Mendy. The problem is there are a lot of question marks about Mendy because he's just not been fit all season and James hasn't played at this level in two years. You don't want to sack them off before they've had a chance, but if you sack off King you could end up being left with someone who either isn't good enough or can't return to the level they were at before injury.

I can see us actually sticking with what we've got, or getting that elusive 10 that can play both positions.

Not necessarily - you get 25 over-21s to play with, fairly sure Ndidi, Chilwell and Grey don't have to be registered next season; which immediately frees up some slots, as does only having two keepers over 21 who aren't done here (Hamer is surely out this summer). Looking at senior players (assuming we hold on to kasper and Mahrez goes as expected):

GK:

1: Kasper

2: Zieler

DF:

3: Simpson

4: Morgan

5: Huth

6: Benny

7: Fuchs

8: Amartey

(Chilwell from the U21s)

MF:

9: Albrighton

10: Mendy

11: Drinkwater

12: King

13: James

(Ndidi and Grey from U21s, possibly Kapustka)

FW:

14: Vardy

15: Shinji

16: Slimani

17: Ulloa

That leaves 8 places we could fill (7 if we don't want to cut our losses just yet with Musa) - room for 2 new CBs, A Mahrez replacement, a new CM, a proper alternative to Vardy, and still would leave 2 or 3 spots to adjust. Granted, there's then 3 players to fit in the following season, but you'd assume we'd be evaluating Ulloa (4th choice now realistically), and losing one of Mendy/King/James in that time. 

The squad obviously needs bolstering - even before Shakespeare went insane we were 3-1 down with 3 of our first choice 11 missing - 10 games with first team available - 22 points, Europa league at least. Last two, needing to dip into the squad, granted against strong opposition, but a genuine European contender wouldn't get so hopelessly outclassed in both - but there's ample room to do it.

Edited by The Doctor

I watched him closely last night and his biggest problem is he just doesn't know the game. He has no understanding of how the play develops, and where he should be in relation to either getting involved or positioning to provide cover.

Until someone at the Club teaches him that he's always going to struggle.

You can usually tell after a few games if the player is potentially good enough.

For me he just looks lost, and not up to it. And other players don't seem as confident when there on the field.

(same goes for Musa & Mendy)

Ndidi is the perfect example,comes in and looks settled, and you can tell he has something about him after so few games.

• Like 1