Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

44 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

There is a rumour circulating on social media that Amartey once passed the ball forwards. Not sure how legit it is tho.

And this is why you shouldn't trust social media.

One of the next limbs of the season has came courtesy of him, other than that he needs to go on loan.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Shows how utterly bizarre this forum can be sometimes.

I (yes me) thought Amartey came on and actually did fine today. I thought he was pretty lively, didn't give the ball away much and looked relatively safe.

I agree, other than that pass he just kicked out of play he did well.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I (yes me) thought Amartey came on and actually did fine today. I thought he was pretty lively, didn't give the ball away much and looked relatively safe.

He was excellent when he came on today and turned the game in our favor plus he only misplaced one pass out to the Wing. He going to be a good player for us once he's had a preseason and a few more games under his belt.

• Like 2

Amarty was undone this year by afcon.

Earlier he started in mid field and had begun to reduce errors and was starting to look strong in mid field

Now he needs games to get back to the pl pace.  I still believe that he can be a strong midfielder for us along side drinky and or ndidi. 

We need thid depth.... lets be positive about amarty

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I agree with Col...

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I do wish you'd post something about football on a football forum and stop trawling about looking for attention.

I'm sure I've said something similar before.

Oh lighten up, man, it's a joke. 

Oh, and while I'm at it, you're quite the one for irony, aren't you?

Edited by HighPeakFox
Irony

Guest CityFan 06

I think in a midfield three position when we particularly need to contain the opposition, he benefits from. To be honest, when we have played a midfield three it's the most suited Amartey has looked. For me, at this moment in time being part of a midfield two isn't bringing the best out of him, and a large degree of that is down to confidence.

If he started to grow in confidence, in the role of a midfield three, he'd look better in a midfield two. He'd also then start trying more ambitious passes which we know he is capable of from his time at Copenhagen.

40 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

I think in a midfield three position when we particularly need to contain the opposition, he benefits from. To be honest, when we have played a midfield three it's the most suited Amartey has looked. For me, at this moment in time being part of a midfield two isn't bringing the best out of him, and a large degree of that is down to confidence.

If he started to grow in confidence, in the role of a midfield three, he'd look better in a midfield two. He'd also then start trying more ambitious passes which we know he is capable of from his time at Copenhagen.

In a midfield 3, you expect a midfielder to get between 7-10 goals in a season other wise you end up like Boro. Vardy can't play ST on his own. Also, Vardy would so isolated upfront with the way we play (unless we decide to change our play style and dominate possesion, which means two new CBs and RB.) also, he's not good enough on the ball to play CM.