Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Kasper Schmeichel

On 15/03/2017 at 21:19, brucey said:

In Shakey's post match interview, he said that he had the players practice shooting pens at Kasper the day before the game. Kasper guessed the right way 100% of the time :thumbup: 

i thought he said that they practiced penalties in case it went to extra time.

nonetheless, i don't doubt that Kasper did well!

His reactions and reflexes for penalties are brilliant. He's saved numerous ones for us. Apart from the 2 Sevilla ones, the save against Middlesbrough in January a few years ago from Marvin Emnes, I think, also stands out. 

On 15/03/2017 at 21:19, brucey said:

In Shakey's post match interview, he said that he had the players practice shooting pens at Kasper the day before the game. Kasper guessed the right way 100% of the time :thumbup: 

It's the sort of detail that really impresses me no end. Because the little things can make all the difference and never was it emphasised more than on Wednesday night.   

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

In the sense that he is always at the top of the team sheet?

Just an oppinion matey. I am ancient enough to have seen them all, and I happen to think he is in the same class.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Interesting thought,

Where does he sit on terms of greatest goalkeeper in our history.

Is he fighting it out with Shilton, Banks, Wallington, Keller, Flowers any others I have missed ... Theo Zagarakis? 

Tim Flowers level. But has potential to be one of the best.

Or maybe Pegguy Arphexad.

I think the comparison with Banks and Shilton is fair. Different times you may say, but in reality stopping shots is harder today than it was 50 years ago.

45 minutes ago, winchesterton said:

I think the comparison with Banks and Shilton is fair. Different times you may say, but in reality stopping shots is harder today than it was 50 years ago.

Banks vs. Pelé though :wub:

Of the keepers I've seen, Kasper has to be the best. I'm old enough to remember Shilton still getting gigs for other clubs as he aged but not old enough to remember him for us.

I remember loving Gavin Ward, Kevin Poole, Tim Flowers, Kasey Keller and Ian Walker. I think we've had some very decent keepers since 92 or 93 when I started becoming aware of Leicester as a 6-7 year old. But Kasper tops the lot for me.

I'm living in a world where people think kasper is on a par with shilton and banks. I didn't see much of banks play in his pomp but I saw plenty of shilts. as an American politician once said ' I knew John Kennedy ' etc etc

kasper is an excellent keeper (and better than Shilton at saving penalties but that applies to my six year old) but to say that they are on a par ....................... 

Kasper said had a fantastic season, he's not in the same class as Shilton and Banks, let's be honest he's not even the best in his own family! 

However he he is a City legend, unfortunately we my find it difficult to hold on to him in the summer! 

Edited by coolhandfox

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Interesting thought,

Where does he sit on terms of greatest goalkeeper in our history.

Is he fighting it out with Shilton, Banks, Wallington, Keller, Flowers any others I have missed ... Theo Zagarakis? 

Only Shilton and banks better in this list 

2 hours ago, lestajigs said:

He is is 10000"% a better keeper then these 2 

First thing mentioning Peggy was tongue in cheek.

Look, I am a Kasper fan and understand the love in but let's get some perspective he is fast becoming a world class keeper, Tim Flowers was top quality over a long period this is where Kasper is right now but still improving.

4 hours ago, winchesterton said:

I am just not having this, can't be bothered to roll out the accolades for both of these guys.

Kasper can be anything he wants to be and proberbly will, abet not with us, but he is still on his way to being great.

Edited by Mease
Fvckwitery

Guest CityFan 06

He's certainly in the top 10 for me, as one of the finest goalkeepers in the land. Schmeichel has got to a stage now where he doesn't look out of place at elite level; the Champions League and international football has proven that. Alongside this, he's one of the best keepers in the Premier League, an excellent shot stopper and his reactions are top draw.

Edited by CityFan 06