Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Kasper Schmeichel

As I have said before Kasper has been brilliant for us this season and made some huge saves, not only that but he commands his penalty area and the back four are more assured when he is between the posts. the downside of this of course is constant speculation that he will leave with Real Madrid now being linked!. definitely the player of the season for us by a mile.

Should be definitely given a huouge pay rise to keep him here but unfortunately we can't offer him what Real Madrid etc can offer him,regular Champions League football he's shown he's superb under pressure against the European teams and has had a wonderful Champions League debut.

I really hope he stays but could we really stand in his way to better himself,I really hope we're following a contingency plan by scouting his replacement as this next keeper to follow KASPER has some really big gloves to fill.

Would be a huge loss but if united or real come in for him, we won't be able to stop him leaving. Get Jordan Pickford in when Sunderland go down. Or be really cheeky and make a double bid for Heaton and Keane. I'd love to see that just to see Dyche spitting gravel everywhere! 

• 1 month later...
Guest Danny Clender

Just reading about the collapsed Liverpool and Joe Hart deal.

20 Million alleged to have been up for grabs.

What valuation does this mean we'd place on Schmeichel?

Isn’t it stating the obvious that Kasper is the least replaceable player on the squad?  He has turned likely losses into draws and wins.  Both by the nature of his position and the quality of his performances, he is this year’s Kante.  (Ndidi not till next year.)

The man is also a marketable asset.  No Kasper = no wives watching LCFC football (at least in our house).

No one is irreplaceable; but his departure would set the club back a ways. 

• Like 1

Just now, KingsX said:

Isn’t it stating the obvious that Kasper is the least replaceable player on the squad?  He has turned likely losses into draws and wins.  Both by the nature of his position and the quality of his performances, he is this year’s Kante.  (Ndidi not till next year.)

The man is also a marketable asset.  No Kasper = no wives watching LCFC football (at least in our house).

My Mrs even wants a goalie top with his name on the back.... ?

Would hate to see him go to ****ing Liverpool, they are almost as bad as Florist for living in the past. United I could just about handle due to his dad and him being a fan but no other prem club. Everton would be a disaster!!

I do have a feeling he is a loyal guy and loves the club, we are already paying him a wedge so he may stay, it depends on the clubs in for him to be honest. But he certainly found his level with the champions league.

Edited by Fox 4 Life

If one of Europe's elite comes in for him then he's off. I don't see him going to Liverpool and definitely not Everton that's an embarrassment. Liverpool are obviously a much bigger club than us but I can't see it. If De Gea goes then there's obviously a genuine chance Utd would want him and that might be too much for us to expect him to stay. Let's not forget though he's on massive dough here, it rules out a lot of clubs except for the very very best.

57 minutes ago, KingsX said:

My significant other is also a Kasper fan. She thinks he's a Danish dreamboat.

I think if united lose De Gea and they come in for him then it would be too much of a temptation to resist and to be honest I could not begrudge him going to united or any top European club. 

I hope that he stays though because in my mind he along with Vardy will be the hardest to replace. 

Other than possibly Lloris there is no other keeper in this League who I would rather have than Schmeichel. 

If a Champions League club comes in for him then he will likely go, and I would wish him well, if Joe Hart is supposedly worth £20m then the club should ask for £25m, replace him with Pickford, Butland, Heaton or Grant from Stoke if Butland isn't an option...but KS strikes me as being loyal, and settled at City and I dont think he is going anywhere if he cant get CL football.

Up until a couple of seasons ago he was a good shot stopper and not a great keeper, he didn't command his area...he is the complete package now and we look so much better when he plays, he would be a massive loss, other than Vardy, whose style of play is the biggest factor not his quality, he is probably the single biggest influence on the team

11 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I haven't seen any reliable sources mention him leaving at all let alone to Everton or Liverpool so where is everyone getting this from? 

Not seen any either. We can always say NO as well. He has a contract until 2021 and is playing every game for us. 

Make him club captain. Push for top 7 and FA Cup win. I think he will stay with us

• Like 1