Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Kasper Schmeichel

I cant remember reading too much criticism of Kasper regarding his shot stopping but his distribution can be a bit shite and if he keeps giving it away then he deserves to be singled out on that  in the hope he improves. However, he is an excellent shot stopper and gives us some much needed confidence. Reading Vardys autobiography it sounds like Kasper is the sensible and serious one of the group who brings a bit of discipline and when you have that and then can make worldies like he did tonight, then we have a little gem who is an integral part of the teams spine!! Great save and another clean sheet for the lad! Well done!!!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I actually think that this notion that his distribution is shite is a bit of a misnomer. Yes, he might not be up there with Neuer, Bravo or De Gea and he does make errors but I'd say his distribution is better than 75%-80% of keepers in the Prem. 

I dont know about that mate. Im not totally blaming him as Im sure its a tactic for him and even the midfielders to go long as soon as they have it as we obviously have the pace up front to take advantage if we rush things and catch the oppo on the backfoot but Kasper may have the odd decent pass in him but he hardly throws the ball out which is the best way to be in control and does that same cutting kick which fizzes all over the place. We cant afford to keep giving the ball away and he is as guilty as anyone.

Anyway, he played a superb game today and its probably not the right time to have a pop at his distribution but Id say overall its poor!

15 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I actually think that this notion that his distribution is shite is a bit of a misnomer. Yes, he might not be up there with Neuer, Bravo or De Gea and he does make errors but I'd say his distribution is better than 75%-80% of keepers in the Prem. 

The only reason for that is because he puts the ball out more than other keepers. The reason why it's a crock of s@@/e that his distribution is poor is because he hits the ball longer and further and out to our wingers so it's obvious that he would kick it out of play more than others so the stat that, that argument is always based on is to be expected. Even if the ball goes out it is far enough up the pitch to try and pen the other side in by pressing up the pitch. 

Bravo will have the best distribution basic stat in the Prem probably this season cause he plays from the back short passes. Doesn't mean his distribution is better though just that it's less challenging.

Edited by desertfox2
Autocorrects
  • Like 2

Will always be a legend to me. Would say he's good not great but consistent for us and has a good season so far. 

He he would be world class with better decision making. His distribution is also a bit of a paradox. In terms of raw power and distance I can't think of anyone else in the league who is better. But he often puts it out of play by mistake. Comparing him to his father, that's an area where he is obviously weaker. 

Still I have enormous respect for him. He's literally the son of a god in his homeland. Whilst he probably had a very comfortable life growing up, imagine how it must feel to always be in the shadow... 

Kasper is one of the very few examples of a son of a legend who became a legend in his own right. I just feel sorry for his son - that will be impossible to follow!

• Like 2

He brilliant more often than not, but just abit prone to make a stupid mistake and going OTT/off on one from time to time, but what keepers don't.

It's just his kicking that frustrates the hell out of me, but if he makes saves like that, I guess poor kicking is a minor issue.

It does amaze me how many fans/pundits think his distribution is great though, it's a complete myth.

9 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I often complain about Schmeichel,and the flying star fish is still worrying, but I always knew he was a great shot stopper, but that was out of this world, a huge save at a huge time in the game. 

lol