Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Kasper Schmeichel

Amazing over the two legs - but am I alone in that those performances haven't changed my feelings about him? To me, he's always been an absolute legend on and off the pitch. Seems to make game changing saves pretty frequently, shows great leadership and passion, is a great professional, level-headed, well spoken, drums up the crowd, provides confidence for the defence, has saved quite a few pens over the years and scored that last minute phantom equalising goal against Yeovil in 2014, when we had gone 17 games unbeaten, with a fantastic header.

Legend. End of.

We're basically through because of this guy. We would of been down and out if it wasn't for the first penalty save but to also save another one in the second leg is truly incredible. 

Big up to the little Dane. 

Edited by buzzer_b
  • Like 1

This guy has become a club legend. I'd say right up until 2014 he was a decent keeper, but has imho now kicked on to become one of the top keepers in Europe.

Sadly I think he'll have offers to play in the Champions League next year.

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Yes he's been very very good this season.

Re: penalties he previously has been awful - making the first move before the ball has been kicked; it was easy for the taker to put it the other way. 

What a difference standing up and making the taker make the decision makes! 

He went down a bit early last night too and saved it.

12 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

Not always a fan of Kasper (mainly for his kicking) but he was brilliant over them two legs. If he went in the summer we would be hard pushed to get a better keeper than him.

People keep bringing his kicking up. I must admit that I don't really see what warrants the level of criticism he gets for it. IMO he's one of the better keepers with his feet.

With the way we play, his kicking is quite efficient and he shows regularly that we use it as a weapon when counterattacking (like when he set Vardy off down the right, first half). Not much different to Fuchs' long throws (which irks some too).

• Like 1

:scarf:

Agree..

I have always been astounded how some on this forum, went out their way to critiscise him, on single mistakes in his first couple of seasons.

I am so glad we kept to him, goes down with Banks, Shilton, Wallington, Flowers, Keller in our Top/great Gkeepers Annual.

IMO..top 3. ( cant judge before 1950s)...

2 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

The penalty save from the first leg v Sevilla. What a massive moment this was. For me one of the most iconic photos in the history of the club.

3D89EBFE00000578-4250770-The_Argentine_stepped_up_to_take_the_spot_kick_but_saw_his_weak_-a-18_1487804908518.jpg

Most iconic photo in the history of the club? Come of it mate, it's a big moment but average photo. The one of walshie at Wembley v Derby is a proper iconic photo. The ecstacy on walshies face the dispair of the Derby defenders the blue army going mental in the background. Sums the whole history of the club up perfectly with one click of the camera.

IMG_20170315_135214.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Most iconic photo in the history of the club? Come of it mate, it's a big moment but average photo. The one of walshie at Wembley v Derby is a proper iconic photo. The ecstacy on walshies face the dispair of the Derby defenders the blue army going mental in the background. Sums the whole history of the club up perfectly with one click of the camera.

IMG_20170315_135214.png

He said one of. Not the most iconic.

I'm certain we'll get offers for him in the summer... but if he's only interested in regular Champions League football, that narrows it right down! Liverpool and Everton have been linked but looking like neither are gonna be in the CL next season, same with Man Utd . Chelsea have a world class keeper as do Arsenal and Spurs. Man City I guess could be interested but as a Man Utd fan that might go against them. Unless we get an offer from a huge European team he could be persuaded to stay here?

I genuinely think that Kasper does not get the recognition he deserves - possibly because his father was one of the greatest ever. However his improvement has been noticeable year on year and is now approaching his peak. We have had some incredible keepers over the years but he is the best I have seen in a City shirt (banks and Shilts just before my time!).

He will be very very difficult to keep as he should be playing Champions League and competing at the top end for trophies which at his age I am sure he will want to do.

He has been extremely loyal, led by example and at times under appreciated but I think the vast majority now realise how good he is.

Enough though he can have some mad moments, like in the penalty incident yesterday, he's matured a lot as a player and is more key to our successful over the years than most people might think.

He's clearly at his pinnacle of his professional career, and his confidence and command alone may have boosted others like Morgan in front of him.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

2 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

I'm certain we'll get offers for him in the summer... but if he's only interested in regular Champions League football, that narrows it right down! Liverpool and Everton have been linked but looking like neither are gonna be in the CL next season, same with Man Utd . Chelsea have a world class keeper as do Arsenal and Spurs. Man City I guess could be interested but as a Man Utd fan that might go against them. Unless we get an offer from a huge European team he could be persuaded to stay here?

Uhh... you do remember Kasper started out at Man City and got his first team debut there, don't you? Peter even ended his career there, so his affiliation with Man Utd will mean nothing.