Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

11 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

I thought BOTW was good and a refreshing addition to Zelda. However, it wasn't nearly as hard as some people made out. The first dungeon boss was hard, but after that it was a piece of piss because anyone in their right mind playing the game for the first time would explore the huge open world before heading onto the dungeons.

And that's where it became a problem. It was too easy to either stock up on food or get good weapons, which meant the remaining dungeons and bosses were far too easy.

I enjoyed exploring the world immensely. I'd say it's the best first-time playthrough I've had with any Zelda game. But I doubt it'll have the same level of replay value as for instance Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, purely because the wow effect was mostly thanks to exploration.

I liked what they tried and I think they pulled it off, because as stated I found the exploring part really enjoyable. But like any other Zelda fan, I missed the big dungeons that you'd spend 2-3 hours in. The shrines were great, but it completing, say, 10 shrines, compared to beating the Lakebed Temple in TP wasn't anywhere near as satisfying.

I'm hope that the next one will take the best of both the traditional Zelda format and the open world format. I guess we'll have to wait five years to find out! 

There really r some brilliant dungeons in Zelda games. Majoras Mask had few dungeons but wow they were brilliant and the way the game worked made it so good to play. 

Overall BotW has been a big success (from what I've read). Like you say if they can now bring in the best of both worlds it would be a world beater. Let's just wait and see

Been having fun on splatoon today, good multiplayer options not hit up the single player yet, but I'm just enjoying the gameplay style something a bit different to your standard fps but with enough familiar game mechanics to pick up and play and enjoy.

Edited by Captain...

My son got his yesterday after a lenthy wait and it a smashing piece of kit. cant wait to play zelda and mario kart on it. Nice that he actually uses it in handheld mode, since that's why we got him the Wii U and he never used the small screen

On 25/07/2017 at 13:10, Lcfclad2013 said:

This worth getting? Any decent games apart from the obvious like zelda, Mario kart etc?

Splatoon is good, but if playing Zelda, Mario Kart right now and Mario odyssey, metroid prime in the future doesn't appeal then it probably isn't for you right now.

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/08/2017 at 22:18, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Well I got my switch a week ago and haven't put it down, full on addicted to it

Nintendo have knocked it out of the park with this one! 

James you still haven't given me any feedback! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/09/2017 at 08:15, Captain... said:

Anyone got mario + rabbids? Looks like a game I'd enjoy but £50 seems a bit steep

I've got it. It's pretty good but I tend to get bored of the combat in turn-based RPG's as was the case here. So the longevity of it suffers a bit imo.

My girlfriend is all over it though. She's enjoying it and apparently it gets pretty hard midway through the game, so that's pretty cool. If you like RPG's and the Mario universe, then I reckon you'll definitely enjoy it. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Question

Is there a virtual console on the switch? I want to buy a switch and i'm thinking of selling the Wii U in order to fund the switch. I've got loads of games downloaded on the Wii U and don't want to lose them. I know when I got the Wii U I transferred the data from my Wii to my Wii U. Is there a similar capability with Wii U to the Switch?

Thanks

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Question

Is there a virtual console on the switch? I want to buy a switch and i'm thinking of selling the Wii U in order to fund the switch. I've got loads of games downloaded on the Wii U and don't want to lose them. I know when I got the Wii U I transferred the data from my Wii to my Wii U. Is there a similar capability with Wii U to the Switch?

Thanks

There's no VC, unfortunately :( It will probably come in future, but whether you'll be able to transfer your data remains to be seen.

2 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

There's no VC, unfortunately :( It will probably come in future, but whether you'll be able to transfer your data remains to be seen.

ughhh. I know they were talking about a VC coming. I just wasn't sure if I could transfer my already existing games. Not sure I want to sell my Wii U now lol 

35 minutes ago, syston_fox said:

@Phube do Nintendo consoles generally start to drop in price like Playstations and Xbox or do they pretty much stay where they are? Just wondering if I can expect any Christmas deals if I hold off on getting one?

No, they never do, you just get more thrown in for the same price (ie. Games etc).

Even the games stay up in price! :(

16 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

Just saved the cash to buy this for my son's Xmas present. Must have the neon handsets apparently.

When I plug this in on Christmas morning is there two hours of set up? or can we just insert a game and play?

Depends what you get with it. I got the Switch with the blue/red neon joy-cons - the other version is Grey but I've heard bad things about the quality of the joy-cons and then wearing away quicker.

When you turn it on there is a few minutes of setting up an account (user name, password etc. so you can use the eShop to buy games). It will also need a system update but it took about 5 minutes.

If you get it bundled with 'physical' games with cartridges then you will pop one in and be able to play but most likely will still need to download some addition game files - most games have day-one updates.

If you're going to buy him 'digital' games from the eShop by downloading them then yes it'll take a little longer. The new Mario game is about 5.6gb I think and it took all of 30 minutes to download on my fibre connection.

In short - he won't be waiting long for it to sort. I don't know how old he is but he'll probably be happy to sort it himself. 

• Thanks 1

Absolutely loving the Switch. 

I've never been a big Nintendo fan but they've been really innovative with this console.

I love playing Mario with split joy-cons - such a nice way to hold the controllers. 

Picked up Binding Of Isaac Afterbirth as well - sunk hundreds of hours into Rebirth so really liking the new additions in this. 

Very happy with it!