Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Spurs (Away) Pre-Match Thread

Its simple math :)

To win we need goals :)

To score goals, we need goal scorer like Slimani :)

Slimani need lot of cross :)

Fuchs, Albrighton, Simpson, Mahrez have good skills for cross :)

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

King Drinkwater

Mahrez Okazaki Albrighton

Slimani

- No long ball please

- Lot of short passes

- Lot of cross

- Press the spurs Defence 

#TotLei 

I was just listening to the Guardian podcast and Jimbo said this will be the 8th meeting between Tottenham and Leicester in less than two years - since Boxing day 2014. 3 wins for Tottenham, 2 wins for Leicester and 2 draws. 

Really can't be arsed with Spurs again in the FA Cup this year.

2 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

Tottenham away, I'd go 4-3-3 for this one on Saturday. Spurs are, for me, up there with one of the best overall sides in the division. They are well organised, fit and have quality in abundance. Under Pochettino I think they could do great things and their a league title candidate IMO.

But onto us, I hope we can manage to get some sort of result. As mentioned, I'd go 4-3-3 and it would look something like this: 

Schmeichel

Drinkwater King

Okazaki

Mahrez              Musa

Vardy

I might switch out Slimani for Vardy, just for the muscle. I think Musa needs to play to keep his confidence up. Although it's the same team, and the number scheme is fairly meaningless, I found it interesting that in one of the post-match interviews, I heard Claudio offhandedly refer to the formation as a 4-2-3-1, when discussing Okazaki's role.

4 hours ago, Rachik said:

Slimani need lot of cross :)

Fuchs, Albrighton, Simpson, Mahrez have good skills for cross :)

Schmeichel

King Drinkwater

Mahrez Okazaki Albrighton

Slimani

- No long ball please

- Lot of short passes

- Lot of cross

Simpson has put in, what, 5 maybe 4 good crosses for us the entire time he has been here? He delivered one amazing cross last game, but I can't remember the last time he has.

Also, Albrighton's crossing from the left side hasn't been great. He still puts in one or two good ones per game, but if we want to whip in cross after cross, play him on the right like during the great escape. He put in tons of crosses and won tons of corners. Which means there is only one answer. Drop Simpson (or "rest" for CL game) and play Hernandez... in a back 3. Which also lets Fuchs get farther forward as a LWB. Also long throws on both sides. 343 with Musa at LW. Or 3421 with Mahrez and Okazaki as the 2.

5 hours ago, FireFox said:

Simpson has put in, what, 5 maybe 4 good crosses for us the entire time he has been here? He delivered one amazing cross last game, but I can't remember the last time he has.

Also, Albrighton's crossing from the left side hasn't been great. He still puts in one or two good ones per game, but if we want to whip in cross after cross, play him on the right like during the great escape. He put in tons of crosses and won tons of corners. Which means there is only one answer. Drop Simpson (or "rest" for CL game) and play Hernandez... in a back 3. Which also lets Fuchs get farther forward as a LWB. Also long throws on both sides. 343 with Musa at LW. Or 3421 with Mahrez and Okazaki as the 2.

Very interesting placement, I like your idea.

I'd love a win for this fixture, kinda forgave them for the past sin of beating us in the FA Cup final after their wonderful run-in last season. I'd be happy to come away with a 1-1 draw but hoping to see Shinji hit the back of the net again (well, get the ball over the line at any rate lol ), please no more heavy away defeats, it really fcuks up my whole week.

If we lose tomorrow we become the first defending Champions to lose the first 5 away game since Everton in 1932-33.

They went onto finish 11th, and win the FA Cup.:thumbup:

I think we have a good chance to come away with at the very least a draw on Sat.

This is because we contained them well last season and didn't give much away. They're also a couple of players down. 

Hopefully if we play Shinji and Musa we'll continue where we left of against Palace. I really feel this year's team are starting to get used to the extra games and new players are starting to gel now.

On 10/27/2016 at 09:00, Gerbold said:

It's now fairly obvious that Okazaki is an essential facet of this City side.

If I were selecting a side to go up against what is, at present, the best footballing team in the Premier, I'd go defensive - concentrating on choosing players who can hold the ball and keep possession - stultifying Spurs great capacity for creating chances. With their excellent close control and speed-of-thought, they're a team of many talents but, as we saw last season, quite capable of blowing-up when frustrated or provoked.

I see Dele Alli as the key to this and would be inclined to see he got a lot of 'vigorous' attention - disrupting that midfield in any way  possible. I don't think Claudio can do much about the back four. Simpson is currently getting a lot of plaudits for his work and I would prefer him to Hernandez at RB. I'd stick King in and not Amartey - Kingy has a better perception of what is going on in a game and is more comfortable on the ball. Drinkwater is a given (only slightly less so than Schmeichel). I would choose Vardy and Musa - I'd like the threat of their speed and of them putting in low crosses to disturb the concentration of Alderweireld and co.

I'm not sure about Mahrez or Albrighton - Albrighton has the better work ethic. I'd rather City come away with a loss by one goal than get a confidence sapping drubbing. 0-0 would be excellent.

However the guys should remember they broke Spurs cohesion and spirit last season by maintaining their own - it would be an excellent time to remind Spurs, the rest of the Premier, the snobby pundits (who want us to get back where we 'belong'!) and anyone else who thinks this City side are a one-off, to think again.

Alderweireld is injured and wont feature

10 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

If we are sticking with the same 11 that beat Palace, I hope we make changes for the Copenhagen game.  If we don't rotate I can see us losing that game due to fatigue.

Trouble is we don't have a good enough or big enough squad to rotate. Kasper, Fuchs, Huth, and Morgan won't be rotated. The only change we'll possibly see is Hernandez in for Simpson again. We have options wide but Gray and Kapuska don't seem to get near the thought of rotation at the minute.

54 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Trouble is we don't have a good enough or big enough squad to rotate. Kasper, Fuchs, Huth, and Morgan won't be rotated. The only change we'll possibly see is Hernandez in for Simpson again. We have options wide but Gray and Kapuska don't seem to get near the thought of rotation at the minute.

You may well be right, but who knows what the thinking actually is? I'm starting to feel a little more confident that we do have enough depth to cope to January.

On 22/10/2016 at 17:47, Webbo said:

This is the away game against the big boys I want to win the most. I don't care who plays or how crap we are, just win it. :fc:

If Spurs win, like they are expected to, then so be it. But I just don't understand this vendetta-type mentality from many of their fans towards us.?! Simply because we had the audacity to not roll over for them and let them win their first top-flight title in 50 odd years...And it would have taken a lot of rolling over for them to over take us as it was...

I could partly understand if it came down to the final game and we fluked it and won the title by a point...Partly...

But no, we finished 11 points clear of them and you'd expect them to take the consideration that goes with that and have the integrity to admit that they just weren't good enough and leave us alone to enjoy what we earned...Really irks me..

38 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

If Spurs win, like they are expected to, then so be it. But I just don't understand this vendetta-type mentality from many of their fans towards us.?! Simply because we had the audacity to not roll over for them and let them win their first top-flight title in 50 odd years...And it would have taken a lot of rolling over for them to over take us as it was...

I could partly understand if it came down to the final game and we fluked it and won the title by a point...Partly...

But no, we finished 11 points clear of them and you'd expect them to take the consideration that goes with that and have the integrity to admit that they just weren't good enough and leave us alone to enjoy what we earned...Really irks me..

You mean like the moron on farting knobbs who blames us for them not winning the title.

What makes me laugh had we bottled it for them they would have been runners up to arsenal. They all seem to have forgotten they finished third not second.

Archived