Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Spurs (Away) Pre-Match Thread

17 hours ago, weller54 said:

One good thing. 

We don't have to put up with The Elephant Man dribbling if he had scored!... How can a man be so ugly with just one head? 

download.jpg

We have to play very well whilst they need to be a bit off. Kane back in training btw. He could feature. 

They have tuesday nght v Liverpool in the EFL and their CL game at home to Leverkusen on the Tuesday is a 'really need to win' 

I don't expect a positive result given our previous three pre CL away performances. But we are capable of getting a result. 

Let's frustrate them and make them work and lose their heads, like they did against Chelsea last season. Let's put them under pressure and get their fans frustrated. It goes without saying we need to be defensively on it and utilise our pace accordingly

Find out tomorrow about Sissoko. Reports say the ref saw the incident straight on and he did nothing, so it's perhaps unlikely he'll indicate Sissoko should be banned. I'm looking forward to an exhausting Spurs Liverpool clash on Tuesday, anyhow.

27 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Find out tomorrow about Sissoko. Reports say the ref saw the incident straight on and he did nothing, so it's perhaps unlikely he'll indicate Sissoko should be banned. I'm looking forward to an exhausting Spurs Liverpool clash on Tuesday, anyhow.

He won't get away with it

dembele gouged a Chelsea eye with the lino looking straight at it.

sissoko will have a three game rest 

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Here's hoping the Liverpool game goes to extra time and peon's. Oh with lots of kicking and a ton of cards.

Totteham have a busy week. Away to Liverpool in the cup, then us, then a "must win" CL game and home against Arsenal. All these games are important to them, but which gets priority. I think the Spurs will be a little complacent about our poor away form.

Copenhagen away matters to us, but is not critical for progression. For the first time yesterday I saw the same team spirit as last season. Claudio is frustrated about the PL away form. Same 442 as against Palace is my prediction with Shinji playing deep. 3 points, thank you very much!

13 hours ago, Spudulike said:

As should Lamela. Outrageous decision not to give him a second yellow.

What is it with Spurs and referees? Obvious red cards not given this season! Dier, Sissoko, Lamela (2 separate games), etc. Everybody keeps saying how the Spurs are lucky but has anybody at EFL been looking at this?

5 hours ago, EnglishOxide said:

Yeah, I don't think we need to go 451 as long as Shinji plays.

We can win with 442. Same lineup as the Palace game.

When Shinji plays we don't really need to worry about a set formation, as he tracks back and causes so much havoc for the opposition.

With Vardy and Slimani together it's a clear 4-4-2, but Shinji drops deeper, meaning it's more like a default 4-4-1-1/4-5-1 in defense/4-2-3-1 in attack.

It's why he's such an asset to this team.

Looking forward to this one.

I would like to see us play an extra defender or midfielder for a game like this, but we seemed to regain a bit of energy and intensity at the weekend, so I expect Claudio to stick with 4-4-2.

I would play Okazaki up front, and keep Vardy or Slimani fresh for Copenhagen.

Regardless of the result- a full 90 minutes of 'did you cry at Stamford Bridge', 'champions of England, we know what we are' and 'who finished 3rd in a 2 horse race' are in order, I think.

If we win this, then I think we can all agree that we have had a very good start to the season.

I would be tempted to play the same team again, although I still have doubts on the consistency of King to not go missing and also Musa, but I am sure Claudio will stick with the same team and hopefully King has another decent game and Musa shows us more of what he has to offer. 

The rest of the team picks itself at the moment and have no issues with starting Slimani over Vardy again. 

Very tough game but certainly winnable. 

I think Slimani will be rested in this and Vardy will come back in. Possibly Albrighton as well for Musa but I hope not. This game is just as important as the game vs Copenhagen so I want the strongest and most well balanced team as possible as it would be a huge psychological lift for us to get a result away in the league.

Schmeichel

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Mahrez

King

Drinkwater

Musa

Okazaki

Vardy

Subs: Slimani, Gray, Albrighton, Zieler, Hernandez, Amartey, Chilwell

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Slimani will be rested in this and Vardy will come back in. Possibly Albrighton as well for Musa but I hope not. This game is just as important as the game vs Copenhagen so I want the strongest and most well balanced team as possible as it would be a huge psychological lift for us to get a result away in the league.

Schmeichel

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Mahrez

King

Drinkwater

Musa

Okazaki

Vardy

Subs: Slimani, Gray, Albrighton, Zieler, Hernandez, Amartey, Chilwell

This is exactly the team I'm expecting. Albrighton may replace Musa if Ranieri wants to go slightly more defensive away from home but if Musa can cause same problems for Tottenham as he did for Palace I'd be happy with him starting.

I think Musa started to give us more pace since Vardy was being rested, so perhaps if Vardy starts Musa will drop to the bench.

Eitherway we need to be fast pressing them all over the pitch like last year and I think Shinj gave us that against Palace.

If we're a strict 4-4-2 with Vardy and Slimani up front we'll get murdered.

As much as I want both of them on the pitch it's Shinj's tireless workrate and link up play that links the midfield and attack and when Shinj plays well Mahrez seems to have a good game too.

Its a pain having these big away games right before champions league games. I think I'd continue with Okazaki/Slimani for this and bring in Vardy for the Champions league game.

Not sure we can play Musa and Mahrez in a 442 away from home to Spurs. Particularly considering the full backs play a major part in Tottenham's side.

Avoid a battering, get this game out of the way and then we can hopefully put a run together with fixtures coming afterwards.

Archived