Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Spurs (Away) Pre-Match Thread

It's going to be incredibly tough. 

I think they will be really up for this.

Hoping we get our tactics and team selection right and just give them a game.

I want a win but I kind of just want to see us put in a performance, the result will be what it is.

28 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

It's now fairly obvious that Okazaki is an essential facet of this City side.

If I were selecting a side to go up against what is, at present, the best footballing team in the Premier, I'd go defensive - concentrating on choosing players who can hold the ball and keep possession - stultifying Spurs great capacity for creating chances. With their excellent close control and speed-of-thought, they're a team of many talents but, as we saw last season, quite capable of blowing-up when frustrated or provoked.

I see Dele Alli as the key to this and would be inclined to see he got a lot of 'vigorous' attention - disrupting that midfield in any way  possible. I don't think Claudio can do much about the back four. Simpson is currently getting a lot of plaudits for his work and I would prefer him to Hernandez at RB. I'd stick King in and not Amartey - Kingy has a better perception of what is going on in a game and is more comfortable on the ball. Drinkwater is a given (only slightly less so than Schmeichel). I would choose Vardy and Musa - I'd like the threat of their speed and of them putting in low crosses to disturb the concentration of Alderweireld and co.

I'm not sure about Mahrez or Albrighton - Albrighton has the better work ethic. I'd rather City come away with a loss by one goal than get a confidence sapping drubbing. 0-0 would be excellent.

However the guys should remember they broke Spurs cohesion and spirit last season by maintaining their own - it would be an excellent time to remind Spurs, the rest of the Premier, the snobby pundits (who want us to get back where we 'belong'!) and anyone else who thinks this City side are a one-off, to think again.

Great post Gerbold..........one thing though. The pundits aren't snobby - they're conditioned reactionary zombies, incapable of flexible thought......I'm afraid there are increasing numbers of these types in the world now, but I digress...

1 hour ago, Gerbold said:

If I were selecting a side to go up against what is, at present, the best footballing team in the Premier, I'd go defensive - concentrating on choosing players who can hold the ball and keep possession - stultifying Spurs great capacity for creating chances. With their excellent close control and speed-of-thought, they're a team of many talents but, as we saw last season, quite capable of blowing-up when frustrated or provoked.

I see Dele Alli as the key to this and would be inclined to see he got a lot of 'vigorous' attention - disrupting that midfield in any way  possible. I don't think Claudio can do much about the back four. Simpson is currently getting a lot of plaudits for his work and I would prefer him to Hernandez at RB. I'd stick King in and not Amartey - Kingy has a better perception of what is going on in a game and is more comfortable on the ball. Drinkwater is a given (only slightly less so than Schmeichel). I would choose Vardy and Musa - I'd like the threat of their speed and of them putting in low crosses to disturb the concentration of Alderweireld and co.

I'm not sure about Mahrez or Albrighton - Albrighton has the better work ethic. I'd rather City come away with a loss by one goal than get a confidence sapping drubbing. 0-0 would be excellent.

However the guys should remember they broke Spurs cohesion and spirit last season by maintaining their own - it would be an excellent time to remind Spurs, the rest of the Premier, the snobby pundits (who want us to get back where we 'belong'!) and anyone else who thinks this City side are a one-off, to think again.

:appl:

Loving the Banter between Our fans and the Bottling Spuds and the flag some of our fans are taking to the spud farm !!

im going for a turn around in our away form same team that beat palace so going for a FOXES Win 0-2 to the champions !

:schmike:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/26/arsenal-fans-will-love-the-banner-leicester-city-supporters-are-planning-to-troll-tottenham-with-6216619/

5 hours ago, Gerbold said:

. I'd stick King in and not Amartey - Kingy has a better perception of what is going on in a game and is more comfortable on the ball.

Is it confirmed that King should be match fit? I was under the impression that he was nursing a rather nasty hamstring injury, something that he has a bit of a history with.

5 hours ago, Gerbold said:

Last paragraph, right down the line for me.

The day to stop the away rot and get back on track...

Guest CityFan 06

Tottenham away, I'd go 4-3-3 for this one on Saturday. Spurs are, for me, up there with one of the best overall sides in the division. They are well organised, fit and have quality in abundance. Under Pochettino I think they could do great things and their a league title candidate IMO.

But onto us, I hope we can manage to get some sort of result. As mentioned, I'd go 4-3-3 and it would look something like this: 

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Drinkwater King

Okazaki

Mahrez              Musa

Vardy

11 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

Tottenham away, I'd go 4-3-3 for this one on Saturday. Spurs are, for me, up there with one of the best overall sides in the division. They are well organised, fit and have quality in abundance. Under Pochettino I think they could do great things and their a league title candidate IMO.

But onto us, I hope we can manage to get some sort of result. As mentioned, I'd go 4-3-3 and it would look something like this: 

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Drinkwater King

Okazaki

Mahrez              Musa

Vardy

It's the probable line up...  I don't tend to worry about formations too much as they tend to be pretty fluid...

shinj know now his job and when to drop back... Musa and Mahrez are ok at the tracking bit too (Mahrez much improved and very evident v Palace)

maybe Albrighton for Musa?

Archived