Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Spurs (Away) Pre-Match Thread

Crickey a week ago I was dreading this fixture expecting a rabid spurs going hell for leather at our boys.

however I have a funny feeling this us the game where we play out of our skins and actually nick a win

of course our defending has to be like the best part of last seasons which us a tall order

ranieri will hopefully remind the team of what to expect at white cocks lane. They still haven't got over

the fact leicester are champions.  Highlights?

kasper saves our bacon with more world class saves

shinji makes the difference by hassling their midfield

morgan stops sleep walking and puts his body on the line again

mahrez terrorizes the spurs defense and slim gets the goals

gray comes on as a super sub and inflicts more damage

or I could be just dreaming........

I think if we get outplayed and lose heavily again like the Chelsea and Liverpool game, then we should start to consider a 5 man midfield away from home against these bigger teams, with Vardy as the sole striker for the quick counter attack. If we win.. then ignore this. :ph34r:

Is it true that Bobby Madley is the ref for this game? If so, the old PGMO are hilarious. He's refereed two recent Spurs v Leicester games at WHL and made two absolute howler of decisions. 

We fielded a team similar to Saturday, we have a chance as Shinji makes for that fifth midfielder. I can agree with the potential resting of Slimani. 

1 minute ago, Royston. said:

would you take defeat in this game but win in copenhagen?

or win at spurs and lose in denmark?

Win at Spurs lose in Denmark.

Massive confidence boost if we win away in the prem which we badly need. We can afford a defeat in the champs league. Beat Bruges at home and we are sorted

10 minutes ago, Royston. said:

would you take defeat in this game but win in copenhagen?

or win at spurs and lose in denmark?

Or take a draw in both? :whistle:

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I think if we get outplayed and lose heavily again like the Chelsea and Liverpool game, then we should start to consider a 5 man midfield away from home against these bigger teams, with Vardy as the sole striker for the quick counter attack. If we win.. then ignore this. :ph34r:

I suppose this lot do  qualify as a "bigger " team - they don't get ruled out for not having won anything important in the past 30 odd years

6 hours ago, STUHILL said:

weve pretty much played all the bigger teams away from home already this season! but good thinking

Guest CityFan 06
On 22 October 2016 at 19:17, CityFan 06 said:

I'd go with this, I think.

4-3-3

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Drinkwater Amartey

Okazaki

Mahrez Slimani Albrighton

I'd still go with this, with possibly King in there, and Slimani given a rest for Musa, Vardy or Ulloa.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I've picked City's last four results correctly. Not in terms of score, but in terms of result. This one, I think, will be a draw. And there'll be goals..2-2

If Shinji, Slim, Musa and Mahrez keep in form, not to mention Vardy and Gray, it seems it's not the goals but our ability to contain their attacks which may decide many matches to come.  Which I think was exactly our problem this time last season too, but without the little one quietly working away.

Forget resting anybody...Play the same as last game.

Let them build into a Rhythm, let them build form.

Musa and Shinji got on the score sheet, let them loose, for

a few games, including the next CL

Its Claudios call anyway , so if he uses the squad rotation,

also no problem...

plus as a fan, Like last year no change for me. 2 difficult away games...6pts.

Its my job to dream, so I dream big, with Claudio's  blessings....

Why be cautious, why build up doubt...go for it.!!!

17 minutes ago, Preston Fox said:

Evening all. New to the forum but thought this would be a good place to start. My dad's a Spurs fan. Last season was fun and games! Hoping for family bragging rights again this weekend!

Evening mate. Give your dad a kick in the nuts from all of us on FT :thumbup:

Archived