Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Spurs (Away) Pre-Match Thread

2 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

If Spurs win, like they are expected to, then so be it. But I just don't understand this vendetta-type mentality from many of their fans towards us.?! Simply because we had the audacity to not roll over for them and let them win their first top-flight title in 50 odd years...And it would have taken a lot of rolling over for them to over take us as it was...

I could partly understand if it came down to the final game and we fluked it and won the title by a point...Partly...

But no, we finished 11 points clear of them and you'd expect them to take the consideration that goes with that and have the integrity to admit that they just weren't good enough and leave us alone to enjoy what we earned...Really irks me..

I love it personally. I especially love how arrogant they can be. I don't even miss the Forest derby. Especially as their allusions to grandeur, albeit far more valid reasons, remind me of Forest. Imagine how dull it'd be if they were emotionally balanced!

11 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I love it personally. I especially love how arrogant they can be. I don't even miss the Forest derby. Especially as their allusions to grandeur, albeit far more valid reasons, remind me of Forest. Imagine how dull it'd be if they were emotionally balanced!

While I can't comment about the spurs' fans in general, I can attribute this ill-feeling to their moronic coach poch. He is beyond arrogant. He's just insulted the PL culture & etiquette by calling it fake.

Make no mistake about it, if we perform like we have done in some of our previous away games this season then we will be put to the sword.  We could be looking at another 4/5-0.

Hopefully our away form will improve drastically and we'll be able to snatch something from here. 

29 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Don't worry mate, they were by far the best team in the league last season too, and we still beat them.

No I think you're mistaken about the best team ....... over 38 games two teams finished ahead of them.

leicester-city.gif

Or was it a Dream :ph34r:

Same advice as the previous away games, get a foot hold in the game, get challenges in, don't waste possession, feel relaxed not like rabbits in car headlights, shut the crowd up and then on that foundation look for a result. And don't concede any corners.

Mahrez hoping that Rose is picked, he's blooming awful, our threat will stem from his side and lead to a whole bunch of chances.

I fear a brave digging in performance heading for a 0-0 but conceding a late free kick or penalty, so a 1-0 defeat. 

58 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Same advice as the previous away games, get a foot hold in the game, get challenges in, don't waste possession, feel relaxed not like rabbits in car headlights, shut the crowd up and then on that foundation look for a result. And don't concede any corners.

Mahrez hoping that Rose is picked, he's blooming awful, our threat will stem from his side and lead to a whole bunch of chances.

I fear a brave digging in performance heading for a 0-0 but conceding a late free kick or penalty, so a 1-0 defeat. 

I bet CR would welcome this inspirational ed advice from yourself. I bet he never tell them any instructions along similar lines you muppet

I'd be surprised if he plays Vardy. Unless he goes for three up front. Slimani and Shinji are on great form. I'd like to see Spurs worrying about him coming on to run rings around them after Shinji's run them raged.

18 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I bet CR would welcome this inspirational ed advice from yourself. I bet he never tell them any instructions along similar lines you muppet

Muppet? A little harsh? They certainly need advice on how to react away from home when the going gets tough. It's one thing being picked off by quality four times during 90 minutes but what we've done is collapse, lost our concentration and discipline perhaps seeking to immediately redress the conceded goal instead of playing our way back into it. Sometimes you can't force the issue you have to make sure you get the basics right and then go again, like a boxer on the ropes you don't invite further blows until you've got your balance and posture back. I'm not saying don't be confident in our own abilities but the way we went at Liverpool from the start was naieve and gung-ho, an early lead would obviously be great but away to the top teams it may be more realistic to just make sure we get that foot hold.

Archived