Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue and white

Black Friday deals

Took the opportunity to FINALLY get myself a PS4 - with FIFA 17 and Uncharted 4 for £199, plus an extra controller and the remastered Skyrim, all came to £277. i've spent the whole day watching the other half play skyrim on the ps4 that i bought!

To be honest, i didnt expect any less from her...

• Like 1

On 14/11/2016 at 16:00, stripeyfox said:

It's mostly limited offers getting rid of crap. Remember - no retailer will sell something for £50 if they could get £ 100 for it.

Whilst there are some bargains, they a few and far between.

Nope, although it gives a chance for a clearout for some, for others, there are genuine sales that can be taken advantage on.

Yesterday got Creed Adventus at Lewis's 10% off, yet it's never in a sale. Same with perfume for the missus.

Got 20% off my  jeans (spring summer 17 version) at Selfridges too.

So if you know the difference between stores that have a clearout and those that actually have a sale you are in for a decent day. 

21 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Took the opportunity to FINALLY get myself a PS4 - with FIFA 17 and Uncharted 4 for £199, plus an extra controller and the remastered Skyrim, all came to £277. i've spent the whole day watching the other half play skyrim on the ps4 that i bought!

To be honest, i didnt expect any less from her...

Where from!?

• 11 months later...
On 11/14/2016 at 15:21, Izzy Muzzett said:

It's now a great opportunity for retailers to get rid of all their discontinued, clearance, end of season/range shite before Xmas. There are some genuine bargains to be had if you can be arsed to look hard enough, but the stock on these loss leaders is often so limited that you have to que early, or click on the website at one second past midnight to get it. If you can be bothered then good luck to you, but I'll be in bed thanks....

Exactly this. 

:thumbup:

• Like 1

On 14/11/2016 at 16:00, stripeyfox said:

It's mostly limited offers getting rid of crap. Remember - no retailer will sell something for £50 if they could get £ 100 for it.

Whilst there are some bargains, they a few and far between.

I thought that a few years ago, but some do do deals that aren’t available normally.

Example, you can’t buy Creed aftershave on deal, yet normally on Black Friday it’s 10% off. This doesn’t happen at any other  part of the year. 

So for me, today is about ordering Creed. Only about £21 saving, but worth having. 

20 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

I thought that a few years ago, but some do do deals that aren’t available normally.

Example, you can’t buy Creed aftershave on deal, yet normally on Black Friday it’s 10% off. This doesn’t happen at any other  part of the year. 

So for me, today is about ordering Creed. Only about £21 saving, but worth having. 

If there is something specific you are after, and you've watched the prices over a period of time, then great.

41 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

You pay £200 for your perfume rather than washing :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Rincewind said:

I have a cousin who went to buy something from Amazon and it was £5 more than last week.

I was going to buy some bike pedals, but they're £6 quid more than they were a  month ago. Wait till next week and they'll go back down again. I think black friday is really all about sellers buying huge posters with 10% off in massive letters.