Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue and white

Black Friday deals

Could have been a decent idea if the human race had any decency.

It would be a lot better if they just temporarily install wrestling rings in store. Put the item people are knocking teeth out for on a string above the ring and have a classic ladder match. A lot more civilised and good entertainment for normal human beings who has the patience to either get the Xmas shopping without spilling blood or get it elsewhere for normal price.

Edited by Finnaldo
  • Like 2

I don't understand the hate for it.

If you have a good bit of research then you can actually get some good deals and save a lot of money on your Christmas shop.

Obviously you do it all online because shopping with Neanderthals who want to punch each other because one took the last 18 inch TV is the last thing anybody actually wants to do.

11 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I don't understand the hate for it.

If you have a good bit of research then you can actually get some good deals and save a lot of money on your Christmas shop.

Obviously you do it all online because shopping with Neanderthals who want to punch each other because one took the last 18 inch TV is the last thing anybody actually wants to do.

I agree, it's a no brainer really. If you know what you want to get you just wait till that weekend comes around and if it's something pretty mainstream you know that some retailer is going to knock at least 20% off it.

No idea why the shops do it, I guess it's just because everybody else is now. You only have to got back 6 or 7 years and the shops would screw everybody over at this time of year until boxing day, because they knew they had you over a barrel. Now they're practically giving stuff away. Funny how quickly things change.   

1 hour ago, GazzinderFox said:

No idea why the shops do it, I guess it's just because everybody else is now. You only have to got back 6 or 7 years and the shops would screw everybody over at this time of year until boxing day, because they knew they had you over a barrel. Now they're practically giving stuff away. Funny how quickly things change.   

It's now a great opportunity for retailers to get rid of all their discontinued, clearance, end of season/range shite before Xmas. There are some genuine bargains to be had if you can be arsed to look hard enough, but the stock on these loss leaders is often so limited that you have to que early, or click on the website at one second past midnight to get it. If you can be bothered then good luck to you, but I'll be in bed thanks....

• Like 1

I'm very excited at the prospect of buying a telly built in that factory in Turkey where they make all the shite tellies, probably with an electrical brand from yesteryear stuck on it, discounted down from a price they could never charge and hopefully actually have to physically fight someone for the privilege.

ANYBODY WANT SOME? I'M IN 5TH GEAR, I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON

8 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Black Friday is an absolute abomination and needs to go away.

Although I might buy an XBox One. :ph34r:

It's not really though, is it? A few cretins start a scrap over a telly in ASDA, most people go online and get a shitload of stuff they want for discounted rates. I know it's stuff retailers are trying to get rid of but I couldn't give a shit when I can get a good pair of denims at a good price.