Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

5 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Shouldn'thave pulled that shit in january. He'd been playing now. And no, he ain't better than Slim.

Pulled what shit? The man was treated like a dog by Ranieri, promised one thing and told another later. You don't treat people like that no matter how much money they're on; it's a disgraceful way to behave. If he were playing at least he'd be able to keep defenders occupied, keep the ball in the opposing half and bring people in to play which is more that Slimani could do today

15 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Pulled what shit? The man was treated like a dog by Ranieri, promised one thing and told another later. You don't treat people like that no matter how much money they're on; it's a disgraceful way to behave. If he were playing at least he'd be able to keep defenders occupied, keep the ball in the opposing half and bring people in to play which is more that Slimani could do today

It was the worst time to come out and it brought him nothing. On the contrary.

Slim was bad today. Without the shadow of a doubt. Two of his (lazy) passes in our penalty area could have lead to a goal for West Ham. He should have buried that one, but people are way too hasty to slag him off. I've never heard of a striker with 100% chance conversion. But thinking that Ulloa is anywhere near of him in terms of holding the ball, putting pressure on the defenders or finish is either biased, deluded, nostalgic or has just forgotten how average Ulloa is.

There is a reason why he just made cameos this year. Even Shakespeare doesn't trust him which is telling volumes. And he's seeing him every fvcking day at the training. Amazing how good a player can be when he's not playing.

Ulloa and Musa are not playing at the same position by the way.

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

But thinking that Ulloa is anywhere near of him in terms of holding the ball, putting pressure on the defenders, finish or holding the ball is either biased, deluded, nostalgic or has just forgotten how average Ulloa is.

Call me biased, deluded or nostalgic but I absolutely disagree with this. 

Perhaps you need to remind me 'how average Ulloa is"

Been saying it since early in the season, nothing like a 30 mill player, looks busy but just as he is getting near making a tackle or whacked with the ball, slows ever so slightly, unforgivable! Good goalscoring record but a) We don't throw lots of balls into the box from the wings b) Played for Sporting in a league with only 3 competitive teams in it, that isn't the Premier League. Ulloa is a better player for us as the big man option this has been proved over three seasons, get rid of Slim before he gets any older!

Just now, Line-X said:

Call me biased, deluded or nostalgic but I absolutely disagree with this. 

Perhaps you need to remind me 'how average Ulloa is"

Fair enough. 

He doesn't have Slim's intelligence when it comes to runs, playing without the ball and positioning himself near or inside the box. Slim is also actually good in linking up in one-two and has a better vision.

Most of you just seem to watch the game just where the ball is and don't pay attention to what players without the ball actually do, how they position themselves, how they call for the ball, open channels etc. If it were the case, you'd understand how much of a threat Slim is, even if he didn't bury some very obvious goals. Example Sevilla: Counter attack that led to Vardy's chance at the 88' min. You lot forgot how much he weighted in champions league, the game against ManCity, West Ham etc. You're just wanting to have him gone and frankly I hope he'll go. 

When the day comes where someone put a 30 Mio. price tag on Ulloa's head, even if just for fun, please let me know. 

In the meanwhile that's my last post about him. It's a lost cause on this forum.

Just now, ZeGuy said:

Fair enough. 

He doesn't have Slim's intelligence when it comes to runs, playing without the ball and positioning himself near or inside the box. Slim is also actually good in linking up in one-two and has a better vision.

Most of you just seem to watch the game just where the ball is and don't pay attention to what players without the ball actually do, how they position themselves, how they call for the ball, open channels etc. If it were the case, you'd understand how much of a threat Slim is, even if he didn't bury some very obvious goals. Example Sevilla: Counter attack that led to Vardy's chance at the 88' min. You lot forgot how much he weighted in champions league, the game against ManCity, West Ham etc. You're just wanting to have him gone and frankly I hope he'll go. 

When the day comes where someone put a 30 Mio. price tag on Ulloa's head, even if just for fun, please let me know. 

In the meanwhile that's my last post about him. It's a lost cause on this forum.

"He doesn't have Slim's intelligence when it comes to runs, playing the ball and positioning near or inside the box".

I don't perceive the huge difference that you seem to. Granted, Leo is also slower...but you said "anywhere near him" and that's simply untrue.

"Most of you just seem to watch the game just where the ball is and don't pay attention to what players without the ball actually do, how they position themselves, how they call for the ball, open channels etc."

How incredibly condescending and what a ludicrous generalisation. I'm constantly watching players movement off the ball. Musa's is atrocious.

"f it were the case, you'd understand how much of a threat Slim is"

I do understand, potentially what a threat Slim is, but I'm not interested in the hypothetical...personally from what I have seen, I don't believe he's as good in front as goal/finisher as Leo. Off the ball, I concur, he is a clever player, in the air, very similar. Slimani is if anything more prone to error.

"even if he didn't bury some very obvious goals."

No, he doesn't. Which is, after all, as a striker, the general idea. 

"Example Sevilla: Counter attack that led to Vardy's chance at the 88' min."

Sure...but what does that have to do with Ulloa? And at what point in my original post did I suggest that he was a poor buy? - an overpriced one yes and given the price disparity, even taking the inflated market into account, not a significant upgrade on Ulloa 

"You lot forgot how much he weighted in champions league, the game against ManCity, West Ham etc. You're just wanting to have him gone and frankly I hope he'll go. "

You seem to be inferring a great deal here. I don't want to see him gone, but I do want to see him justify the ludicrously inflated price tag. Personally, I don't think he has...talking of which...

"When the day comes where someone put a 30 Mio. price tag on Ulloa's head, even if just for fun, please let me know."

As I recall Deeney was £29m at the same time - just for fun. What's your point? - The runaway transfer market is ridiculously out of control. Last year's 15M is this seasons 30m. So in fairness to Islam, the disproportionate values are a function of this, but two seasons ago he may have cost the same as Leo. I think Ulloa has been brilliant for us both in terms of value and return, I hope that over the same time period we can say say the same about Slimani, genuinely I do. Based upon what I have seen so far, as a goal scorer he was overpriced and overrated and at 28 has two years on Leo but I suspect both are past their peak.

I hate to pick bones after we win but my word he was useless today, I watched him after he came on. He did one thing, which was sticking a leg out and intercepting a ball, and that run towards their keeper at the end... but other than that, he is a complete donkey.

Now I don't think he is this bad in terms of his ability - but whatever is causing it - lack of confidence, fitness or whatever - he looks really slow physically and mentally - very sloth like looking. I'd still stick a few quid on when a balls coming across the box and he's on the 6 yard line to bury one past the keeper but other than that - his footwork and speed of thinking looks to be leaving a lot to be desired right now, hope he gets better - for himself, the team, club, fans and also so we don't look stupid for spending what looks like an absurd fee for him!

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

As I recall Deeney was £29m at the same time - just for fun. What's your point? - The runaway transfer market is ridiculously out of control. Last year's 15M is this seasons 30m. So in fairness to Islam, the disproportionate values are a function of this, but two seasons ago he may have cost the same as Leo. I think Ulloa has been brilliant for us both in terms of value and return, I hope that over the same time period we can say say the same about Slimani, genuinely I do. Based upon what I have seen so far, as a goal scorer he was overpriced and overrated and at 28 has two years on Leo but I suspect both are past their peak.

Please, let us just agree to disagree. I'm sincerely done with this topic. Every is free to have thier opinion, I'm out. Just happy we're turning the shit around and winning game after game.

1 minute ago, justfoxes said:

One on one with the keeper he should have buried that chance very disappointing in his performance if only a Small one today,he could have taken the pressure of us by burying that attempt  !!

for £30m we should have a player that can drop a shoulder on the keeper and go around him but he doesn't look capable of that, that's the disappointing thing for me. 1 on 1 - £30m, you've got to score them.

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Please, let us just agree to disagree. I'm sincerely done with this topic. Every is free to have thier opinion, I'm out. Just happy we're turning the shit around and winning game after game.

You seem to misunderstand. I actually concur with much of what you say about Slimani, it was your point about Ulloa being 'average' in comparison that I questioned. 

All I'm gonna say is we gotta close out these games better in the second half when we have the momentum. That means when have clear opportunities to score we finish it. This includes the players that sub on. Especially if your a sub hungry for game time & trying to prove your worth.

slim & musa are big money signings therefore carry high expectations.  I expected musa to come on and like vardy hassle the hammers defense with relentless chasing, intercepting & closing down space. I expected slim with a golden 1 on 1 with the keeper to slot it away period.  Back to the bench both of them and give ulloah & gray another chance.  Rinse & repeat until we get some performances from our impact subs.  Well done the rest of the team for grinding out the 3 points!

5 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

One on one with the keeper he should have buried that chance very disappointing in his performance if only a Small one today,he could have taken the pressure of us by burying that attempt  !!

Shame, he should've bagged that.

5 minutes ago, Line-X said:

You seem to misunderstand. I actually concur with much of what you say about Slimani, it was your point about Ulloa being 'average' in comparison that I questioned. 

Ah well, my apologies for that.

11 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

All I'm gonna say is we gotta close out these games better in the second half when we have the momentum. That means when have clear opportunities to score we finish it. This includes the players that sub on. Especially if your a sub hungry for game time & trying to prove your worth.

slim & musa are big money signings therefore carry high expectations.  I expected musa to come on and like vardy hassle the hammers defense with relentless chasing, intercepting & closing down space. I expected slim with a golden 1 on 1 with the keeper to slot it away period.  Back to the bench both of them and give ulloah & gray another chance.  Rinse & repeat until we get some performances from our impact subs.  Well done the rest of the team for grinding out the 3 points!

Argree but the 1 player who comes of the bench and does look good gray hasn't bin coming on really can't understand why not especially musa coming on before him

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

It was the worst time to come out and it brought him nothing. On the contrary.

Slim was bad today. Without the shadow of a doubt. Two of his (lazy) passes in our penalty area could have lead to a goal for West Ham. He should have buried that one, but people are way too hasty to slag him off. I've never heard of a striker with 100% chance conversion. But thinking that Ulloa is anywhere near of him in terms of holding the ball, putting pressure on the defenders or finish is either biased, deluded, nostalgic or has just forgotten how average Ulloa is.

There is a reason why he just made cameos this year. Even Shakespeare doesn't trust him which is telling volumes. And he's seeing him every fvcking day at the training. Amazing how good a player can be when he's not playing.

Ulloa and Musa are not playing at the same position by the way.

I totally agree that Ulloa is a very average target man. The problem being is Slim is no better, and we wasted £30m on him.

On Wed Mar 15 2017 at 12:43, Eagle10 said:

That was funny, you were struggling because you played Slimani and Vardy yet he only has 15 games played all season? That is such a lie. He was good yesterday, he linked up well, held the ball up well, made pressure and was involved in almost all your attacks. 

to be honest, he was awful against Sevilla, watched him for good 5 mins when he came on - he is 1 lazy bastard, guys been on running non stop for 80 mins, all he did was point fingers, a shattered okazaki still made more effort, i don't know if u watch him at the ground or on tv but I was right there and watched him, there was a ball in the end where slim should go and try and win it, he was backing away from the ball and the ball ended up bouncing on the floor 10 yards away from him, Shakespeare hands was in the air saying to slim, wtf was that? 

Archived