Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

Sunderland post match thread

I guess there are any number of explanations for our collapse - and the truth is probably a mixture of several of them

But - in the end, it all comes down to the manager. He chooses the team, leads tem, them motivates them, bollocks them when appropriate.

If the players are not playing, or the system is not working, it comes down to the manager, the clue is in the name. If he doesn't change a system which is not working, or drop big name players who are not performing, then that too is the responsibility of the manager.

If all this is so - and I'm well open open to be convinced that it is not BTW - then I'm afraid the owners have to act now and really hope that they do. The quickest surgery is the leas painful after all, and there is no room for sentimentality. We need someone to come in before the transfer window.

If we don't WE WILL GO DOWN. These performances are worse by many orders of magnitude than two years ago. I would not expect a repeat of the Great Escape this season.

Absolute filth. Same shite tactics brings the same shite result. What was he expecting. He has had a mare this season so far. The performances by the team and by him are an embarrassment. Hopefully we will try something new against Porto. Unlikely though. 

2 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

The only thing more depressing than this result is going to be the reaction on here.

And the reactions will be totally justified... we lost to the team bottom, we have picked up one point against the likes of West Brom, Watford, Boro and Sunderland... it is very very concerning 

The team is an absolute shambles at the moment.

We concede a goal and then we go into absolute meltdown for the next 15 minutes. 

It happened today, against United, against Liverpool, against Chelsea, against Boro last week following their second, against Bruges, against Watford. Where are the leaders in that side telling them to get a grip when they concede? We barely had a fvcking attack in the 15 minutes between the two Sunderland goals.

We were on course to grind out a badly needed clean sheet when once again we were undone by an atrocious bit of set piece defending and then it was just a total meltdown.

Not starting Okazaki is absolutely criminal, everybody knows how important he is to us, even the people who didn't "get" him last year know he should be in the side especially for a dogfight like today.

Totally inept management and application from the players. 

Shambolic.

1 point from WBA, Watford, Boro and Sunderland is bad in itself. The fact that we didn't look like winning any of those games for 1 second is diabolical.

If we line up with the same team next week, I'll probably start to lose faith in Ranieri. He really doesn't look like he knows how to get us out of this.

Embarassing and depressing 

Even more depressing is the fact that Claudio still doesnt feel like changing anything... Persisting with 4-4-2 and that starting line up

I don't know whats the matter with Vards these days. Shinji needs to start why can't Ranieri see that. Also Gray for Albrighton next time please, its not like we are the favourites against Man City

4 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

What was Ranieri expecting? Same ineffective formation with the same out of form players. The only change made for todays game was to leave out our most in form forward player.  

Bang on. The team is being picked on the basis of last season's form.

Vardy wandered around in a daze for 90 minutes. Mahrez plays like he's in an exhibition match.

4 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Think it's time for Ranieri to leave personally. This is only going 1 way, a sharp downward spiral. Give it Giggs. He wants an ambitious club and that's what we should be. 

This post is the only thing I've seen today that was worse than our performance.

Archived