Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Musa - Opinions so far

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Both Kapuskta and Ndidi have been chucked into the same appalling team and have looked decent. 

As I said in my post, Musa doesn't even get the basics right. There are players in League Two with a better first touch than him.

I think he tries - I cannot fault him for that - and I think he does work to win the ball back at times but he simply isn't good enough. His pace has obviously made him into a winger because it cannot be due to his technical ability.

Kapustka, come on.. he's had a couple of good touches, a couple of decent passes against absolutely nothing teams. I could point to premier league or FA Cup games against premier league teams where Musa has played well.

N'didi, yes he's done ok. But first off he's a totally different sort of player and secondly some people can deal with the pressure and others can't. He and Gray come across as outgoing exceptionally self confident young lads... Musa has never come across like that from day one, same as Amartey. They are both as quiet as church mice.

If you want to get the best out of a Musa / Schlupp type player they need support, neither have the touch or brain to get around people. But give them support in the right areas, little give and go's and you'll probably see a different player. Musa has shown more end product than Schlupp has (not hard I know). Get him confident and play to their strengths and I think you'll see a player who can contribute to us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Kapustka, come on.. he's had a couple of good touches, a couple of decent passes against absolutely nothing teams. I could point to premier league or FA Cup games against premier league teams where Musa has played well.

N'didi, yes he's done ok. But first off he's a totally different sort of player and secondly some people can deal with the pressure and others can't. He and Gray come across as outgoing exceptionally self confident young lads... Musa has never come across like that from day one, same as Amartey. They are both as quiet as church mice.

If you want to get the best out of a Musa / Schlupp type player they need support, neither have the touch or brain to get around people. But give them support in the right areas, little give and go's and you'll probably see a different player. Musa has shown more end product than Schlupp has (not hard I know). Get him confident and play to their strengths and I think you'll see a player who can contribute to us.

Don't play the twat on the wing for a start, defensively he is weaker than Mahrez which is beggars belief! He classes himself as a winger as well which is very disturbing. To me he's a striker, a crap one.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't play the twat on the wing for a start, defensively he is weaker than Mahrez which is beggars belief! He classes himself as a winger as well which is very disturbing. To me he's a striker, a crap one.

Sorry Ric, but you seem to be jumping on the band wagon thanks to what on the face of it was some poor defending for their goal last night. Previously I've had no issue with him defensively and said so before the game. In other games he had tracked back and covered his full back quite well. His defensive stats are only second to Albrighton.

Sorry I've chopped off the stats... that's tackles, interceptions and aerial duals won.

Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 14.29.44.png

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's agree that we've overpaid by a huge amount on Musa. He's not had many chances as a central striker, because Vardy plays there. I think the few times he's actually played in that position, he's done OK. Most notably against Everton and Derby.

He's been pretty underwhelming on the wing as you say. I'd actually rather have Schlupp there on this season's evidence.

44 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Sorry Ric, but you seem to be jumping on the band wagon thanks to what on the face of it was some poor defending for their goal last night. Previously I've had no issue with him defensively and said so before the game. In other games he had tracked back and covered his full back quite well. His defensive stats are only second to Albrighton.

Sorry I've chopped off the stats... that's tackles, interceptions and aerial duals won.

I'm very surprised by that. His non tracking of players is what bothers me. He also seems incapable of passing and not through greed like Gray but as in he actually cannot pass. I prefer him up front. I know he classes himself as a wide forward but I'd rather use him centrally or not at all. Gray, Albrighton and Mahrez are better than him and Kapustka maybe worth looking at.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm very surprised by that. His non tracking of players is what bothers me. He also seems incapable of passing and not through greed like Gray but as in he actually cannot pass. I prefer him up front. I know he classes himself as a wide forward but I'd rather use him centrally or not at all. Gray, Albrighton and Mahrez are better than him and Kapustka maybe worth looking at.

I'd love to know how the hell he manages to win so many in the air lol Gray's stats for that are shocking.

3 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Those stat cards are bollocks....there's nothing like actually watching him play....and he is shite. £15 million? he can't even control a football. And when he ran the ball out of play....he makes Jeff Look like Ronaldo. 

Well they aren't they are the facts and it's exactly what I'd seen previously. Yeah last night he was utter tripe, but I'm not jumping on the usual bandwagon and try and make out that's what he has been like in every game defensively, because he just hasn't as far as I'm concerned.

I've pointed out several games previously where he did really well supporting the full back compared to Gray and Mahrez. It doesn't excuse last night, I'm not trying to make out he was anything but shit.

I'm far more concerned with his decision making that is regularly very poor.

Not sure why Musa is on the wing at times, when he cannot cross and make useful passes effectively.

Not sure why he's sometimes where Vardy has been potent last season, when he can't connect well with the ball.

A confusing player very much.

Without speed, he'd be as useful as paper is against scissors.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

At some of the homes games this season I was starting to think he was adapting to the PL - he seemed to be tracking back and helping out.

The problem with these numbers us that they show what the players do do not what they don't do - there's is not one called "ball watching leading to a goal against" - however, before we wright him off these moments of lacking concentration can be addressed.... the coaches should be talking to him about his aspect of his game.

While I am on... this is the third payer I have commented on in 2 days (- other were Vardy and mahrez) where I think a simple message needs to be given to the players - and they should be told that they will be considered for selection when they demonstrate the grasp of such.  I wonder what type of one to  one mentoring they are being given... this season no one seems to address their top flaws.

Edited by foxinsocks

I'm anti speed merchants. 

List all the world class strikers in the last 10-15 years and to my knowledge on Henry had exceptional speed. Look at the class strikers today. Kane, Costa, Aguero, Lewandowski, Suarez etc none of them have top speed. They are quick enough to leave a defender but they are great strikers because of their brain and technique.

I wish our recruitment focuses more on intelligence and technical ability rather than pace. I'm tired of footballers who can run fast but can't do anything with a football.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

At some of the homes games this season I was starting to think he was adapting to the PL - he seemed to be tracking back and helping out.

The problem with these numbers us that they show what the players do do not what they don't do - there's is not one called "ball watching leading to a goal against" - however, before we wright him off these moments of lacking concentration can be addressed.... the coaches should be talking to him about his aspect of his game.

Of course, I know it doesn't show the full picture... but I'm backing up my own view that he was actually ok before last night at tracking back and helping out. I've mentioned it a few times over the season.

Maybe I'm wrong, but if I think I've seen something and the stats tend to indicate he doesn't mind getting stuck in then I'll stick to that opinion.

• Like 1

Lots of comments that he is never winger (especially right side) but imo he is never a bloody footballer.

Far too lightweight, brainless, awful

technique and so limited - watched him preseason and despite the 45 mins vs Barca he has been bloody awful.

Kaputska has more talent in his weak foot than Ahmed.

Not sure who scouted him and how often but he was inconsistent in Russia so no surprise he has struggled. As posters have said he needs to go as he will never make a prem player imo.....

• Like 1

Seems the final straw for the players was when Musa was selected ahead of Demarai Gray for the CL tie against Sevilla. As we all know, or most of us, anyway.

Where does Musa go now? Must be embarrassing for him to say the least. The fact that his own team-mates go 'oh xxxx' when he plays, and not just us.

At least it shows the team are ready to lend their support to Demarai Gray, which is something.

On 2/23/2017 at 02:20, Brooksy said:

Looks like the guy on here absolutely ripping into him before he signed had a point.

I'm not sure what he offers. Obviously hes rapid but all he does is run it out of play after taking 10 touches to attempt to control it. 

I can't believe he's a professional footballer and I can't believe we actually spent money to sign him let alone £16m or whatever it was.

Get rid but as if anyone will want him. Hes worse than Jeff Schlupp

Yes that was me and I got absolutely savaged on here for saying so. I think anyone with any basic knowledge of football that had watched a game of his rather than watching a Youtube compilation and 'ooo look he scored two goals vs Argentina' would have come to the same conclusion... very strange that our scouts didn't!

19 hours ago, thursday_next said:

Seems the final straw for the players was when Musa was selected ahead of Demarai Gray for the CL tie against Sevilla. As we all know, or most of us, anyway.

Where does Musa go now? Must be embarrassing for him to say the least. The fact that his own team-mates go 'oh xxxx' when he plays, and not just us.

At least it shows the team are ready to lend their support to Demarai Gray, which is something.

i don't understand the gang of players baying for Musa's axing.. but what about Morgan? Huth.. Vardy??  shouldn't they stick a knife at these useless players as well.?