Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Musa - Opinions so far

11 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Hopefully Musa is just another player who takes a year to adapt.

Never will anyone have a player who looks amazing vs Barca albeit in a freidndly, then look wank rest of the time 

In his defence I would say he hadn't had a regular run in the team nor has he had a run in a set position. 

Personally think he's just another one of these players who should be an athlete not a footballer. But hope I'm wrong 

Friendlies are nothing like full-blooded fixtures. Hence my mention of Musa needing strength and courage. The Vardy we love breaks bone, dons a protective sleeve and just looks more fearsome than ever. Mane takes a clattering from him and is hardly seen again throughout. Musa needs to show character as much as skills and he'll find the two might then blend together.         

Edited by Thracian
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Players at £17million shouldn't need to 'adapt'.

Stop comparing to Vardy, a player who cost us £1mill. At least Vardy showed he had a little bit of ability. Musa can't control the ball,

All players need to adapt and to all sorts of things. Any player who believes he's the finished article or the perfect team player is kidding himself. Even now, Vardy's got lots he could work on yet by now he could have been a £30 million player.

Try playing golf and see how much you have to adapt - to the daily change in conditions involving wind direction, the pace of the fairways and greens, the different situations of the game, the psychological aspects of missing easy chances and so on. It never ends and the entire experience offers the opportunity to get a bit better. It's no different with football. One day and one opponent is not like another and nor are the problems faced.        

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I'm all for giving players a chance but if you think Musa is ever going to be a decent footballer at this level then I'm sorry you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

People talk as if Vardy's improvement is the norm - it's extremely rare. And he's not even as good as he was when he was shit.

The memorycard is not large enough On this forumSite , to list all the players who were not up to it in their first top level outings..!!

But just a few...Lineker, Earle, Drinkwater, Guppy, Young, Albrighton just to begin with and just from Leicester .

Some needed a full season, some towards the end of the season, some 1-3 seasons.

Dont go down dark alleys, just to make some  unproven points. Everybody deserves more than a season, with only

a hanfull of games, in a poorly performing team.

1 minute ago, UPinCarolina said:

I am not ready to give up on Musa.

Too many flashes to be fully 'Fool's Gold" - but so, so incomplete. 

Musa in the centrally-located Vardy role, pressing. There's a goal or two there.

It wouldn't be my approach - I'd give him as much time and space as I could find for him at first. A couple of bad games in the cut and thrust of central striker and his confidence could be shattered. He's needs to develop the strength of body and mind needed to cope with that - and to show willing pretty quickly.  

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Players at £17million shouldn't need to 'adapt'.

Stop comparing to Vardy, a player who cost us £1mill. At least Vardy showed he had a little bit of ability. Musa can't control the ball,

Drogba was signed for £24 million, and only scored 10 goals in a season where Chelsea won the league.

Bale was signed for £7 million, and Spurs didn't win in his first 25 games.

Vardy was signed for £1 million, and he didn't look good enough for the championship, nor the prem in his first season.

So a champions league winner for Chelsea, one of the most expensive players in Real Madrid's history and the current PL record holder for scoring in consecutive games....none looked capable of achieving what they eventually did in their early days.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Drogba was signed for £24 million, and only scored 10 goals in a season where Chelsea won the league.

Vardy was signed for £1 million, and he didn't look good enough for the championship, nor the prem in his first season.

So a champions league winner for Chelsea, one of the most expensive players in Real Madrid's history and the current PL record holder for scoring in consecutive games....none looked capable of achieving what they eventually did in their early days.

Drogba was Player of the year in France (Played for Marseilles at that time, one of the best clubs in the French top league) the year before he went to Chelsea, scoring 19 goals. The French league is a bit more challenging than the russian one, mind you. In his first year at Chelsea he had stomach problems that put him two months out of the team. Nevertheless scored just "10" goals. And the winner against Liverpool in the League Cup.

Bale was the second youngest Player ever to play for Southampton. Won the Carwyn James Award for the BBC Wales Young Sports Personality of the Year and was named the Football League Young Player of the Year on his first season as professional footballer.

Don't know Vardy's parcours enough, so I can't honestly comment on him.

Even if they struggled at some point of their career their potential was widely recognized and they already were good players. It makes no sense to compare those monsters to a Musa who actually looks like a  mediocre Championship player.

Edited by ZeGuy

19 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Well now you put it like that...

Good post.

However, it's surely about potential too? Drogba was clearly going to be he rampaging talisman he ended up being. Bale was the best young player of his generation? And even Vardy...you knew if you could harness his raw talent somehow, there was a gem in there.

With Musa...he's not young, raw or even inexperienced. He's played at high levels domestically and in the Champs League, of course.

So yes, I think for 17 million pound (and all the above) its more than acceptable to say most of us expected to see a better player than he's shown so far. I think that's perfectly fair.

Finally though, I'm with @Babylon  I don't see how we can properly assess any of them really as the whole squad has been generally shocking.

9 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Drogba was Player of the year in France (Played for Marseilles at that time, one of the best clubs in the French top league) the year before he went to Chelsea, scoring 19 goals. The French league is a bit more challenging than the russian one, mind you. In his first year at Chelsea he had stomach problems that put him two months out of the team. Nevertheless scored just "10" goals. And the winner against Liverpool in the League Cup.

Bale was the second youngest Player ever to play for Southampton. Won the Carwyn James Award for the BBC Wales Young Sports Personality of the Year and was named the Football League Young Player of the Year on his first season as professional footballer.

Don't know Vardy's parcours enough, so I can't honestly comment on him.

Even if they struggled at some point of their career their potential was widely recognized and they already were good players. It makes no sense to compare those monsters to a Musa who actually looks like a  mediocre Championship player.

There were clubs swarming all over Vardy, banging them in every year albeit at a shit level. 

He is correct though Musa could come good it is not impossible, I've seen very little from him to suggest that's going to be the case though. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Drogba was a well known superb player in Europe and picked up player of the year or whatever. Double figures fist season in England ain't bad is it?

Bale was very young and signed as a full back. Redknapp came in and moved him to midfield where he began to shine.

Musa has shown next to nothing here bar a couple of games. Technically wise doesn't even seem to have potential. It was telling that a new manager didn't even pick him on the bench and I wouldn't be surprised if some staff don't rate him. 

If Musa does come good I'll take all this back. I was one of very few that always supported Vardy on here so if you believe Musa has potential then ok but I just can't see it.

Edited by Fox92

14 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

There were clubs swarming all over Vardy, banging them in every year albeit at a shit level

He is correct though Musa could come good it is not impossible, I've seen very little from him to suggest that's going to be the case though. 

That's something I didn't know.lol.

He played almost as much as Gray and yet there are worlds between them. Gray had speed but also talent. Even if his end product is actually shit, you'd feel there is room for improvement.

As much as I rate his fellow countryman Ndidi, I really don't see any potential or talent in him or rather I saw too much speed merchants to think he'll become any good and that's what makes me biased towards him.

Time will tell. Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by ZeGuy

Bring him on when if we are ever winning comfortably again - to relieve pressure. 

Weird player. Thought he was the answer to our prayers when he played Palace and Spurs, got 2 goals and caused a bunch of problems. Nowadays, he looks completely out of his depth. 

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

The memorycard is not large enough On this forumSite , to list all the players who were not up to it in their first top level outings..!!

But just a few...Lineker, Earle, Drinkwater, Guppy, Young, Albrighton just to begin with and just from Leicester .

Some needed a full season, some towards the end of the season, some 1-3 seasons.

Dont go down dark alleys, just to make some  unproven points. Everybody deserves more than a season, with only

a hanfull of games, in a poorly performing team.

But the football graveyards are littered with thousands of players that looked as though they weren't going to make it... and never did.

18 minutes ago, the-blue-wildabeast said:

In all honesty he's looked very much lower league, despite people getting carried away over his 'champions league' experience. That said, he's young but struggling, so I'd give him preseason and look at getting him out on loan like Lawrance to a championship club to toughen him up a bit. 

Would love to see Musa against a Warnock team lol.

2 hours ago, murphy said:

But the football graveyards are littered with thousands of players that looked as though they weren't going to make it... and never did.

Musa has his career in front of him...Why bother to pick on the negatives.Especially in entertainment and sport.

Theres enough miserable, negative buggers around the world, why not stay positive towards youngsters....

Putting other people down, to prove ones own stature and how hard and clever one might be, seems a waste of time to me.