Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Musa - Opinions so far

23 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Musa has his career in front of him...Why bother to pick on the negatives.Especially in entertainment and sport.

Theres enough miserable, negative buggers around the world, why not stay positive towards youngsters....

Putting other people down, to prove ones own stature and how hard and clever one might be, seems a waste of time to me.

I'm simply countering the argument that because some players made it after poor starts, then this must be ALWAYS the case.  Actually this is often the exception to the rule.  This give them time' argument bores the hell out of me.  It just shuts down debate.  How much time is enough time anyway?  Players, especially internationals, must be criticised or praised on merit by what we see in front of us. 

I do hope Musa makes it but have to say I'm exasperated by what I've seen.  Doesn't make me negative, or hard and clever (what?).  Just calling it as I see it now.  I will also give him the credit he deserves if he makes it.

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Musa has his career in front of him...Why bother to pick on the negatives.Especially in entertainment and sport.

Theres enough miserable, negative buggers around the world, why not stay positive towards youngsters....

Putting other people down, to prove ones own stature and how hard and clever one might be, seems a waste of time to me.

Bit of a ridiculous post this, this is a football forum, a forum warrants discussion and opinions both good and bad. That's kind of the point.

• Like 1

Everytime I've seen him play before joining us (in the CL for CSKA Moscow) hes looked great. Energetic, Pacey, direct, not always a final ball but in general a decent goal scoring threat- everything he hasn't looked here. Only thing I can really blame that on is confidence? There was a point in the Sevilla game first half where he was one on one with the left back. Both of them totally isolated on one half of the pitch. I was begging for him to play the ball round him and burn him with this so called pace he has, but went for a cross/pass from miles out. For me this screams lack of confidence, at Moscow he would've said see ya later and darted round the ****

• Like 3

10 hours ago, murphy said:

I'm simply countering the argument that because some players made it after poor starts, then this must be ALWAYS the case.  Actually this is often the exception to the rule.  This give them time' argument bores the hell out of me.  It just shuts down debate.  How much time is enough time anyway?  Players, especially internationals, must be criticised or praised on merit by what we see in front of us. 

I do hope Musa makes it but have to say I'm exasperated by what I've seen.  Doesn't make me negative, or hard and clever (what?).  Just calling it as I see it now.  I will also give him the credit he deserves if he makes it.

I'm not sure anyone has said it's always the case have they?

Everyone seems to accept on here that performances of ALL our players have been hampered this year, whether that's through the manager or the players not trying. If people accept that everyone has been under performing, then I think it's only fair that all the new players are judged the same way as the old ones.

Only when all the old guard are performing to the level we know they are capable of, can we possibly judge the new guys as they will have been hampered in exactly the same manner as the others.

Critisism is fine, it's just the abuse and the total ignorance of many who just rubbish people without even really taking on board the above.

• Like 2

I fear him and Mendy are gonna be bombed out now but I think they both kind of suffer from the same problem of being too lightweight. If we stick with them, bulk them up a bit they might turn out much better than they seem at the moment.

Coming into a new country, what seems like quite a cliquey dressing room who've just achieved amazing things together so you're a bit of an outsider, a new league and all that must be hard. Not every player can just adapt instantly like Kante did (and it seems like Ndidi is doing).

Great players always do the simple things well. Like controlling the Ball and passing. These are two area's he's struggling with. I think his real problem is lack of Physicality. I don't think he's cut out for the rough and tumble of the premiership. But in fairness to him I do think he's a good finisher. I think he'd be better alongside an old fashioned CF. Where he can pick up knockdowns and lay offs without taking the clattering. He needs to be loaned out at least to gain match experience in England.

What I'd like to see though is we recover our money and find a more fitting replacement.   

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

I'm not sure anyone has said it's always the case have they?

Everyone seems to accept on here that performances of ALL our players have been hampered this year, whether that's through the manager or the players not trying. If people accept that everyone has been under performing, then I think it's only fair that all the new players are judged the same way as the old ones.

Only when all the old guard are performing to the level we know they are capable of, can we possibly judge the new guys as they will have been hampered in exactly the same manner as the others.

Critisism is fine, it's just the abuse and the total ignorance of many who just rubbish people without even really taking on board the above.

The argument is that you cannot criticise a player in his first year because Vardy or Drinky made it after poor starts, so in EVERY case we are told to give them time otherwise you are painted as some reactionary moron.  Well I prefer to call it as I see it at that time.  What's wrong with that?  Take Vardy as an example, he deserved criticism when he was not performing and deserved credit when he was tearing up the league.

In the case of Musa, he has been very poor.  Doesn't mean he won't make it and I will give him credit if he does, but I have seen little to inspire any faith. 

I agree with you that virtually all of our players with the exception of Schmeichel and Ndidi have been shocking and also deserve criticism but we are discussing Musa.  

12 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Bit of a ridiculous post this, this is a football forum, a forum warrants discussion and opinions both good and bad. That's kind of the point.

Its about judging people, and giving young people time and fair judgement, even that Forum Posters  should understand.

Amazing how some posters, love to go on the negative , and attack with no justification of time and appearances.

So like you say, if someone loves the badcop roll, then they shouldnt be suprised, if others take another stance..

Its sort of balances the scales somewhat..:)

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

The argument is that you cannot criticise a player in his first year because Vardy or Drinky made it after poor starts, so in EVERY case we are told to give them time otherwise you are painted as some reactionary moron.  Well I prefer to call it as I see it at that time.  What's wrong with that?  Take Vardy as an example, he deserved criticism when he was not performing and deserved credit when he was tearing up the league.

In the case of Musa, he has been very poor.  Doesn't mean he won't make it and I will give him credit if he does, but I have seen little to inspire any faith. 

I agree with you that virtually all of our players with the exception of Schmeichel and Ndidi have been shocking and also deserve criticism but we are discussing Musa.  

I don't think anyone has minded criticism, what people mind is when that turns into abuse, piss taking and people are just written off.

Yes we are discussing Musa, the point being if all our usually good players are shit, perhaps he's also far below standard for the same reasons they are. Before writing people off that has got to be taken into account.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wdywd said:

I fear him and Mendy are gonna be bombed out now but I think they both kind of suffer from the same problem of being too lightweight. If we stick with them, bulk them up a bit they might turn out much better than they seem at the moment.

Coming into a new country, what seems like quite a cliquey dressing room who've just achieved amazing things together so you're a bit of an outsider, a new league and all that must be hard. Not every player can just adapt instantly like Kante did (and it seems like Ndidi is doing).

Mendy's massive for his height. Doesn't surprise me that he played rugby before football.

We were so impressed with Vardy in his first season of course

We all saw the future for him chanting his name on the terraces, becoming a future England striker.

Musa is a kid in comparison and if we continue to play over the top balls then a 31 year old will not be able to run for ever.

We gave Vardy time then I think Musa deserves the same ............... Don't we ?

• Like 1

It's worth keeping in mind that he gets played on the wing when he's a CF. And, he came into a team that wasn't playing well.

I remember a CSKA fan coming on here when we signed him to say that he was erratic, but a hard worker and a lovely bloke - he just needs support.

I like him and I reckon he'll come good!

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Its about judging people, and giving young people time and fair judgement, even that Forum Posters  should understand.

Amazing how some posters, love to go on the negative , and attack with no justification of time and appearances.

So like you say, if someone loves the badcop roll, then they shouldnt be suprised, if others take another stance..

Its sort of balances the scales somewhat..:)

Yes I completley agree. That was my point. This post contradicts your previous. I'm just saying I fully support your positive attitude, but allow the negative. Debate it dont criticise purely for negativity because without the negativity there's no discussion.

P.S. Beer.

Edited by z-layrex

Just now, Ric Flair said:

He'll look a whole lot better in a team that's confident, full of pressing and energy. He's shot to pieces at the minute.

I think him, Slim and Mendy all deserve a chance to play in a team performing well. It's difficult to judge them in a team that was completely malfunctioning.

I think Slimani will come good and Mendy may still be a useful midfielder for us. Big doubts on Musa though, but hopefully they get another few chances to impress before we have to make decisions on them come the summer.

Curious to see how a new manager will rate them too. 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I think him, Slim and Mendy all deserve a chance to play in a team performing well. It's difficult to judge them in a team that was completely malfunctioning.

I think Slimani will come good and Mendy may still be a useful midfielder for us. Big doubts on Musa though, but hopefully they get another few chances to impress before we have to make decisions on them come the summer.

Curious to see how a new manager will rate them too. 

Absolutely. Hardly any of our established players have looked good this season as we've been in the depths of despair but if we get back to the style we know we are good at such as Monday then it's going to help Musa, Slimani and Mendy. I do think Mendy is a player suited to a possession based style though and 4-4-2 the way we play might hamper his progression and impact here. Slimani though and a confident Misa shouldn't have any problems.

So nice to have some forward players on that know what to do with the ball, instead of running like headless chickens and proving they're more than just good sprinters.

Feel he'll be just a bit-part player now, unless injuries occur.

The team looks refreshed without him this week like last season.

Ulloa was frozen out by Ranieri since his deadline day shenanigans but CS has brought him back into the squad at the expense of Musa. 

Unless we get an injury I'll be surprised if Musa gets any game time for the rest of the season. 

• Like 2