Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Musa - Opinions so far

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Unless we get an injury I'll be surprised if Musa gets any game time for the rest of the season. 

Agree with this. Wouldn't have him in at the expense of any of our starting XI, Gray or Slimani as it is at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

Ulloa was frozen out by Ranieri since his deadline day shenanigans but CS has brought him back into the squad at the expense of Musa. 

Unless we get an injury I'll be surprised if Musa gets any game time for the rest of the season. 

His time is up. If everyhing goes as I think, he'll never play again for us.

6 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

I've said it in another thread, but I fully believe some are writing him off too soon.

Why? On what basis?

if you 'fully believe' it (can you 'fully believe' something or just believe it?', then why? What have you seen to make you 'fully believe'?

Edited by Col city fan

7 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

I've said it in another thread, but I fully believe some are writing him off too soon.

On the basis of what?

He has shown nothing to suggest he'll even be a decent player for us.  As I said in the thread earlier, his first touch is atrocious and he often misjudges the ball ending up leaving it behind.

It speaks volumes for me that Musa (and Mendy) have been nowhere near the first 11 and 7 subs for both of Shakespeare's games now. I wouldn't be surprised if the staff don't actually rate them. £25 mill on these two is an absolute joke.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

Guest Danny Clender
19 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

On the basis of what?

He has shown nothing to suggest he'll even be a decent player for us.  As I said in the thread earlier, his first touch is atrocious and he often misjudges the ball ending up leaving it behind.

It speaks volumes for me that Musa (and Mendy) have been nowhere near the first 11 and 7 subs for both of Shakespeare's games now. I wouldn't be surprised if the staff don't actually rate them. £25 mill on these two is an absolute joke.

I'm in agreement with UPinCarolina here

I could be wrong, but I reckon UPC's context regarding the term "fully believe' is related to writing him off too soon, not his ability.

Yes the two go hand in hand, but when you ask for 'basis' it would be wrong to not give him his Barcelona moment or his Everton moment, right? Yes his flashes have not warranted his fee, but can you honestly not say they were signs of his potential?

Yeah Akinbiyi scored screamers for us, but I don't think Musa should be classed as "we won't see him again" 

Think its Kitchandro whose been saying lets judge all the "pony" players in a good team, he's right. 

I'm sure his eyes have been opened in the past week, so let's not kill him just yet, his time will be decided just how well Vardy sees out the rest of this season. If he continues this form, then yes Musa will not hang around. 

Whilst I agree he's been poor, keep in mind he's played out of position (played at cf for cska, so I presume that's his preferred position) and been playing in a team that has been poor.

It's also not his fault ranieri had a weird hard-on for him.

Lots of players don't settle in their first season and he has been poor, but I wouldn't want to rush him out the door just yet.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

I'm in agreement with UPinCarolina here

I could be wrong, but I reckon UPC's context regarding the term "fully believe' is related to writing him off too soon, not his ability.

Yes the two go hand in hand, but when you ask for 'basis' it would be wrong to not give him his Barcelona moment or his Everton moment, right? Yes his flashes have not warranted his fee, but can you honestly not say they were signs of his potential?

Yeah Akinbiyi scored screamers for us, but I don't think Musa should be classed as "we won't see him again" 

Think its Kitchandro whose been saying lets judge all the "pony" players in a good team, he's right. 

I'm sure his eyes have been opened in the past week, so let's not kill him just yet, his time will be decided just how well Vardy sees out the rest of this season. If he continues this form, then yes Musa will not hang around. 

All these 'moments'. I'd rather we signed Martine McCutcheon than Ahmed Musa. 

Guest Danny Clender
2 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

All these 'moments'. I'd rather we signed Martine McCutcheon than Ahmed Musa. 

Its certainly a different perspective. 

Not too dissimilar from rather seeing Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth. 

26 minutes ago, Benno_Levin said:

Whilst I agree he's been poor, keep in mind he's played out of position (played at cf for cska, so I presume that's his preferred position) and been playing in a team that has been poor.

Lots of players don't settle in their first season and he has been poor, but I wouldn't want to rush him out the door just yet.

His preferred position is left wing. He's gone on record stating as much. 

27 minutes ago, Benno_Levin said:

He also played on the left for CSKA when they had Doumbia in the middle. He simply ain't good enough, we'd have been better off keeping Schlupp. 

33 minutes ago, Benno_Levin said:

He's not a novice and should be well capable of performing in different positions. Golfers don't just drive the ball they learn to chip and putt as well if they're going to be any good. Footballers need multiple abilities too.

Playing Musa at all is an act of faith from what I've seen so far and playing him away from the central striker role is an act of mercy. If security defended a bullion vault like he protects a football, the place would be empty in no time.

Give him time and space out wide and there may be some return. Ttime to get the ball under control and space to run into while he's searching for the inevitable "bad bounces" the cynic might say but I do sense he could be dangerous in that role like football's version of an IED. .

But the problem of having any lasting faith in Musa is imagining any of our wide men playing badly enough we'd need to call on him.

Cos no-one would get a sympathy selection from me. I'd pick the best available team whatever and if he didn't qualify for the remainder of his contact, tough.

So his only chance to shine will be through his efforts on the training ground or perhaps through an incredible stroke of good fortune in terms of injury or unavailability of others.

And while I don't think he's necessarily hopeless in Premiership terms, I'd imagine he'll need to move to make his case.

Because, surely, we'll be in the market for someone better and stronger.

Unless Shaky's got the patience to build him up physically and mentally while working on his close control and that will take til at least the end of the next close season by my guess and, even then, he'd need to hit the ground not only running but controlling and defending that ball like a dervish.   .

Edited by Thracian

9 minutes ago, bpfox said:

I think we will see musa leave in the summer along with the following,

mendy

ulloa

shinja

fuchs

haha sell okazaki? granted we need to sign someone who can compete for his position, but okazaki is still good enough to be in the squad.

also fuchs on form is one of the best LB's in the league. why would we sell himlol

Edited by foxes21

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Thought he looked like he was settling when he got two goals in two helping us to earn 4 points vs Palace and Spurs, before being dropped for Albrighton. He was good against Arsenal too. 

He's got worse and worse as the season has gone on though and that is surely just confidence and being played in a struggling team. 

I dont think he will play much if not at all for the rest of the season though. If we keep him for another preseason, he works on his touch and the new manager believes in him then we might see some return on that money we spent.

Unless we have a raft of injuries I really cant see either Mendy or Musa playing for us again.

End of the season I think they will be moved on unless we get a new manager who wants to see them play to judge them.

On 3/1/2017 at 11:01, Wdywd said:

I fear him and Mendy are gonna be bombed out now but I think they both kind of suffer from the same problem of being too lightweight. If we stick with them, bulk them up a bit they might turn out much better than they seem at the moment.

Coming into a new country, what seems like quite a cliquey dressing room who've just achieved amazing things together so you're a bit of an outsider, a new league and all that must be hard. Not every player can just adapt instantly like Kante did (and it seems like Ndidi is doing).

I'd forgotten about Mendy being in the same boat as Musa.

It just shows up how disgustingly poor our summer business was. A £17m and £12m players can't get on the bench and a £30m striker on the bench. Hernandez already offloaded, Kaputska nowhere near and Zieler on the bench by the default that he's better than Hamer.

Although Slimani is good it's see ya later if that £40m is still on the table and if Shakespeare gets the job then it's obvious how much he rates Mendy and Musa and they'll probably be offloaded in the summer for a cut price if we can find a buyer.

• Like 1