Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Musa - Opinions so far

9 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

I've said it in another thread, but I fully believe some are writing him off too soon.

I think he needs to help himself a bit. His touch is appalling for a supposed Premiership football and he's knocked off the ball far to easily.  He can certainly do something about the latter by mirroring  Armartey and Ndidi by staying behind after training and addressing some strength and conditioning issues. As for the first issue, don't know what you'd do about that but he's nowhere near up to standard with that one. It was raised as a weakness by his former supporters before he even came to us and you would have thought if he'd been watched by scouts they'd have noticed it. If his close skills were in doubt in the Russian league, they were only going be worse in a faster stronger Premiership. Having pace isn't of much use in football if you can't take the ball with you!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I'd forgotten about Mendy being in the same boat as Musa.

It just shows up how disgustingly poor our summer business was. A £17m and £12m players can't get on the bench and a £30m striker on the bench. Hernandez already offloaded, Kaputska nowhere near and Zieler on the bench by the default that he's better than Hamer.

Although Slimani is good it's see ya later if that £40m is still on the table and if Shakespeare gets the job then it's obvious how much he rates Mendy and Musa and they'll probably be offloaded in the summer for a cut price if we can find a buyer.

Explained like that it's like we've been shopping at Harrods in a blindfold. They'd have done better saving their money and slipping the fans a season ticket each! :D

He could still have a role to play,

Now the side is showing more tempo and fluidity, his pace could be an asset in games later on, against weary  opposition defenders legs,  in a similar way Jeff was used last season.

It could gain him the confidence

He seems to be lacking.

Don't write the boy off just yet. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

If Vardy gets injured or suspended he may be back.  He's nowhere near the player that Vardy is but he has pace and our game plan needs a striker with pace.

I was just about to post something similar, Vardy's pace and chasing people down is waht we are relying upon at the moment.

TBF he's coming off the pitch completely knackered "now" Musa may not be be the "now" but he maybe the tomorrow.

As for all the newbies Ndidi is the stand out guy ( apart from an error yesterday )

We'll have to wait and see what happen's in the future ...... The new man might want to clear out the "old" and start with the "new"

Unless of course we go with Shakespeare that is

By the way went back in the videos of the 3-8-16 and 8-1-17 just to remind myself of why I liked Musa

Edited by Chico1958

Guest CityFan 06

I've said it before, I still don't doubt his ability but it looks to me he is very low on confidence. Like a few more of our signings, I'd like to see them more now that we're playing better. 

Manolo Gabbiandini 17 million > Musa 18 million, sorry for that sort of money I aspect a impact.

Hes had two games against Derby and one against Millwall and hasn't stood out! 

Who the last player to come from the Russia league and make an impact!

We have waste money on players from 2nd tier league. We have bought Musa, Slim, Mendy, Ndidi for 65 million! 

65 million, for that alone CR deserved the boot! 

Edited by coolhandfox

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Manolo Gabbiandini 17 million > Musa 18 million, sorry for that sort of money I aspect a impact 

Your point is well made but who is Gabbiandini replacing Charlie Austin, Southamptons top scorer until he got injured.

He had to come in and hit the ground running

Back up was Shane Long   :dunno:

So put another way, what happens if Vardy get's and we still want to maintain our current style.

Which striker do we have with Vardy's pace ?

Give the guy a chance, we did it for Vardy

1 hour ago, worthosoriginals said:

He could still have a role to play,

Now the side is showing more tempo and fluidity, his pace could be an asset in games later on, against weary  opposition defenders legs,  in a similar way Jeff was used last season.

It could gain him the confidence

He seems to be lacking.

Don't write the boy off just yet. 

Sadly I only see him having a role to play if we were relegated. He's most definitely not a winger and we have plenty better than him to fulfil that role. Vardy, Slimani and Ulloa all a better choice as out and out strikers and in the 10 role I'd say Okazaki, Kapustka and even Lawrence if he comes back are all preferable. An expensive poorly scouted and researched transfer for me. Find it difficult to see him featuring again for us but will be difficult to offload for anything near we paid for him!

1 hour ago, Chico1958 said:

Your point is well made but who is Gabbiandini replacing Charlie Austin, Southamptons top scorer until he got injured.

So put another way, what happens if Vardy get's and we still want to maintain our current style.

I don't think he'll get much a chance under Shakespeare. I have a feeling he doesn't rate him much. If Vardy was injured and Slim was fit, then Slim would start, no doubt and I think Gray will now feature more than Musa. I expect Musa to be sold in the summer, along with Mendy for a start.

I think Walsh scouted him as an understudy to Vardy, to play through the middle and use his pace to get behind the defence. Unfortunately Claudio has used him primarily as a left winger, an understudy to Albrighton. That said his confidence is shot now and can't see a role for him this season. Maybe next if he's still here.

We've been piss poor for months; the only signings that have looked remotely decent are Cabbage and Ndidi - if you come into a side on the skids, a side that is totally in disarray - you're going to look awful.

The flashes of brillance are too bright to ignore; I'm not ready to call it quits. @Thracian

Edited by UPinCarolina
I meant to tag Col not Thracian, but it's funny

I feel a little sorry for Musa. He's come to a different country and been played out of position in a struggling team.

The fee will always be annoying as it seems like we've wildly overpaid for him but that really isn't his fault.

This is all compounded by the fact that we urgently needed cover in midfield and especially defence instead.

Currently, he doesn't really look up to the job but I'd prefer to see what he can do in a less confused team who are in games rather than a back peddling team under pressure. The signs don't look that good but I'd rather reserve final judgement for the time being.

And, we may just need him at some point in the run in.

Edited by Max Wall

3 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

Yeah but Vardy didn't cost £17mill. For that price I expect a player to actually be able to control the ball.

Musa doesn't even get the basics right. 

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah but Vardy didn't cost £17mill. For that price I expect a player to actually be able to control the ball.

Musa doesn't even get the basics right. 

This give him a chance stuff is ridiculous.

Vardy was 'a risk' at one million pound. To buy a player from so far down the leagues to play in a side chasing higher league titles was a risky million quid. And of course, Vardy took time to settle in at City. On more than one occasion, there were plenty of people on here saying he was useless and to sell him.

Musa is not Vardy. Musa is an established professional, having had Champions League experience. We didn't sign Musa to 'develop him', like we did Vardy. We signed a quick goal scorer to come into the club, hit the ground running and, I suspect, exactly because of his champions league experience.

Its all excuses mate. Most of us expected a much better player than we've seen in Musa. Putting all the bull shite to one side, he's been very disappointing.

Put it this way, Ndidi signed for the club having played at nowhere near the level that Musa has. And when he signed, he was 19 years old. Do you see anyone 'feeling sorry' for this kid dos he's playing in a different country and at a higher level? No..? Nor do I. The only thing I felt sorry for Ndidi over was having to play in such a shite side for his baptism of fire.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, sm1 said:

I think Walsh scouted him as an understudy to Vardy, to play through the middle and use his pace to get behind the defence. Unfortunately Claudio has used him primarily as a left winger, an understudy to Albrighton. That said his confidence is shot now and can't see a role for him this season. Maybe next if he's still here.

Spot on.

4 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

I've said it before, I still don't doubt his ability but it looks to me he is very low on confidence. Like a few more of our signings, I'd like to see them more now that we're playing better. 

Is it not a coincidence that we are playing better with them nowhere near the side?

2 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

When I say lazy I mean all round Lazy not just running forward, Defending is terrible and does not even try at times.

Well you didn't see him much then. He runs all the time and tracks back. He doesn't do it well maybe, doesn't have a football brain, sure, but labeling him as lazy is ridiculous. The guy is not a great footballer but you can't question his work rate.

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I don't think he'll get much a chance under Shakespeare. I have a feeling he doesn't rate him much. If Vardy was injured and Slim was fit, then Slim would start, no doubt and I think Gray will now feature more than Musa. I expect Musa to be sold in the summer, along with Mendy for a start.

Col, you're probably right. I expect Musa and Mendy are looking to get out asap as well.

They're at a party without invites, pity though. But Musa v Barcelona and Everton gave me high hopes.

Watched the vids this morning and it looked so full of promise      :thumbup:

Edited by Chico1958

25 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This give him a chance stuff is ridiculous.

Vardy was 'a risk' at one million pound. To buy a player from so far down the leagues to play in a side chasing higher league titles was a risky million quid. And of course, Vardy took time to settle in at City. On more than one occasion, there were plenty of people on here saying he was useless and to sell him.

Musa is not Vardy. Musa is an established professional, having had Champions League experience. We didn't sign Musa to 'develop him', like we did Vardy. We signed a quick goal scorer to come into the club, hit the ground running and, I suspect, exactly because of his champions league experience.

Its all excuses mate. Most of us expected a much better player than we've seen in Musa. Putting all the bull shite to one side, he's been very disappointing.

Put it this way, Ndidi signed for the club having played at nowhere near the level that Musa has. And when he signed, he was 19 years old. Do you see anyone 'feeling sorry' for this kid dos he's playing in a different country and at a higher level? No..? Nor do I. The only thing I felt sorry for Ndidi over was having to play in such a shite side for his baptism of fire.

Great post mate, totally agree.

3 hours ago, sm1 said:

He played as a winger in Russia as well and if his control and inability to withstand any sort of a challenge is bad as a winger it be at least as bad as a forward. He also appears to lack a footballing brain at this level.

Another interesting note is that some of the blame is going on Ranieris shoulders a very small amount maybe true , whereas Walsh is always revered on these pages but:

Good signings: Kante, Marhez, Huth,  Ndiddi.

Bad signings: Krameric , Inler ,  Mendy , Hernandez , Musa , Slimani (at price, we'll see), Amarty (potential) , Zeiler.

Walsh has to be much more culpable as he was supposedly  the main man for scouting. I wonder how much actual going out and physically watching players was employed compared to the mere use of some statistical software programme that we hear about?

Edited by volpeazzurro