Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Musa - Opinions so far

Just now, Babylon said:

Exactly, if he gets a chance now's the time to really judge him. If he doesn't start performing when the rest are, then I think it's a fair call to say he won't make it.

We've been so different the last two games, actually attempting to play a bit of football, but also when we go direct they haven't just been aimless pumps. Hull looked vulnerable to pace and I wouldn't haven minded him on the bench to come on in that game. 

Yeah me too. Not sure why we need both Ulloa and Slimani on the bench, unless it is just to make them both happy.

Musa and Mendy have both been exceptionally poor. Square pegs in round holes really and its interesting to see how highly shakey rates them.

£50m plus mostly either on the bench or no where near the first team. Try and recoup as much as possible in the summer for them.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Walsh is always revered on these pages but:

Good signings: Kante, Marhez, Huth,  Ndiddi.

Bad signings: Krameric , Inler ,  Mendy , Hernandez , Musa , Slimani (at price, we'll see), Amarty (potential) , Zeiler.

Walsh has to be much more culpable as he was supposedly  the main man for scouting. I wonder how much actual going out and physically watching players was employed compared to the mere use of some statistical software programme that we hear about?

Disagree on Inler ("go and get me as close to Cambiasso as you can"), Kramaric (came to be number one and never got three games together), Slimani (shown glimpses-too early to call), Hernandez (great in Europe, unused in PL).

Also, you missed off Fuchs, Simpson, Hamer, Gray, Okazaki, Ulloa, all in the Good pile...

2 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Disagree on Inler ("go and get me as close to Cambiasso as you can"), Kramaric (came to be number one and never got three games together), Slimani (shown glimpses-too early to call), Hernandez (great in Europe, unused in PL).

Also, you missed off Fuchs, Simpson, Hamer, Gray, Okazaki, Ulloa, all in the Good pile...

Please always use those names in this order Hamer Simpson

• Like 1

Mendy has been unlucky for me. Injured for a good period, struggling to settle in a struggling team.

For me Ndidi has been bought for the Kante role, Mendy was more a tidy player like a Drinkwater. I love Andy King but I don't see him as a regular front line option.

Amartey has never convinced me and as for Musa, well don't get me started. Martin O'Neill hit the nail on the head for me when he said Musa hasn't got a defensive bone in his body and that's why he is a problem out wide. For me he needs to learn how to play in the Vardy mode and use his pace down the middle. Demarai Gray is raw but is a better all round bet out wide.

I'm not anti Musa, I've never been a 'boo boy' in my life, but its about how and where he fits in.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a moment where Musa had the ball with loads of space in front of him to just kick it and run but decided to turn back towards our goal and lose it. The camera cut to Shakespeare and he looked baffled. I doubt we'll see much of Musa this season again.

Fraudster. 

Didnt we get warned about how poor he actually is before we signed him from some Nigerian fans and we dismissed them? 

I like to give players time before making an opinion on them but he is technically poor and looks to show no fight/desire for the team when he is given a chance. 

5 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I'm bumping this because I'm absolutely furious.

I'd hoped we'd never see him anywhere near the team again. Was unhappy to see him named on the bench and heart sank when he was brought on.

As usual the **** managed to be even worse than expected. He's not only lightweight, unable to pass,control or even kick the ball but the absolute twat doesn't even try.

Never seen a worse 20 minutes from any Leicester player. The man is by far and away our worse buy ever so Ade, you're off the hook.

Please god can that be the last time he ever puts the shirt on. Let him go on a free, not even bothered, because he is actually worse than being down to 10 men when he's on.

That's harsh.

The players around him were knackered and the balls to him in that short space of time weren't exactly the best quality.

I agree he's not the best but I'm not writing him off just yet. It's his first season in the PL and he's been in and out of the team.

Easy to find a scapegoat but I'd rather we supported him and got behind him personally...

I happen to believe Gray is overhyped on here - he's fast on and off the ball and he's got great technique at times but his decision making is Schlupp-esque and he regularly tries running into defenders like they're helicopter tailblades so I often wonder why people think he's the messiah.

That said, on that performance he has every right to be upset that he wasn't on the pitch instead, Musa looked like he was lost.

If he isn't going to use his pace to beat players then he isn't worth even having at the club. If we want to keep him as he is still 23, try loan him to some sucker in the Prem in the Summer and hopefully he'll play well enough to recoup some of his fee.