Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Musa - Opinions so far

2 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Horses for courses sometimes. Musa's never looked like he had a clue what he was doing here to me...at least in any game that mattered.  

Palace and Spurs? Contributed to 4 points there. 

Lately though I would agree.

34 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Surprising as we were in for him while Walsh was here.

Think he has just been mismanaged and confidence was destroyed by Ranieri. If you recall him earlier in the season he wasn't that bad, was a bit shit on the ball but beat players with ease. He destroyed Arsenal and could have won us about 2 pens driving into the box.

Don't think you can blame Ranieri for this, though he seems to get the blame for everything that's wrong and Walsh for everything that's right! I think destroying Arsenal is a little over egging the pudding.

1. It's obvious to everyone that he's not strong enough,  so why isn't he taking responsibility and doing extra body conditioning himself, he must surely know. Armarty and Ndiddi do as certainly the former recognised it as a problem and both of them do extra work after training. Musa doesn't. 

2. His first touch and general ball control is very poor, lower Championship standard in fact, surely if you watched him on several occasions for his former club as a scout you would know this. Even his own previous fans pointed that out on here! If it's poor there, the problem was only ever going to be magnified here? There never seemed to be mention of a host of other clubs showing an interest in buying him.

3. His complete lack of a football brain for 16 million is quite a worry, though perhaps some of that can be put down to confidence. Though isn't he supposed to be an international? 

It's a long time since those two goals against a half hearted Barcelona.  Think we've been sold an avoidable pup. If a player's control is not instinctive at his age then people far far better and more qualified than me would say that it's too late. 

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Don't think you can blame Ranieri for this, though he seems to get the blame for everything that's wrong and Walsh for everything that's right

Haha, different opinions I guess - and I am not always blaming Ranieri, but think his management of the players this season . I don't think bringing in a player that played well as a LW in Russia and then swapping him from ST with Vardy to the Okazaki role to LM and then benching him for a few weeks helped him much. Had his best two games for us against Palace and Spurs and lost his place afterwards for no reason. 

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

I do not understand the blind pass back that went out for a throw. Your job is to get to the corner flag and then maybe come inside. You have the pace. The job is not to hold the ball in your own half and then give it away.

That was ridiculous. Gray was great at helping us keep the ball and close games last season so why is he not getting a kick? Only thing I can think of is that Shakespeare was doing it out of goodwill lol

I'm surprised that as a 24 year old he already has 60 caps. In fact I don't believe he is 24 and demand an investigation (is it like trees, you saw a bit off and count the rings?)

He has something, even if we discredit the Barcelona game with it being a friendly his contribution in the FAC at Everton was effective and it was a good goal vs Palace but it's that problem with his decision making, common sense, footballing brain coupled with his reluctance to use his pace that is worrying. Even if he is struggling to fit into our style or system you still don't expect schoolboy errors from someone with 60 caps and his price tag.