Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

West Ham (Home) Pre-Match Thread

16 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Have you not seen the Mahrez fan club on Facebook? All the lcfc pages are taken over by Algerians that will move on to support whatever club he decides to move to next

No I haven't. Thankfully. 

I have noted similar views, and they are totally transparent in having no proper interest in the Club itself. 

The way the Algerians are playing at the moment we may be better off when the AFCON arrives! 

This is the sort of game where I hope and expect our players to react to recent justified critisism. Hope the Everton game hurt and a little dig from Ranieri asking Mahrez what he's made of, should hopefully give all the players a nice boot up the Arse.

Over to you boys.....

6 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Come on now, Gray has hardly done much in his appearances. Against Everton he did as little as Albrighton.

I'd still like Gray to start somewhere. I think playing so sporadically is not helping him and if he got a run of 3-4 starts we could see a big difference. I thought defensively Gray was great vs Everton, but he also offers something going forward, which is why I understand the people wanting him to start over Albrighton, who at this point plays just for defending.

According to Sky Sports Mahrez is set to get his place back.

I am going to take a guess that it will be at the expense of Gray which will be rather frustrating.

Gray was our only threat against Everton yet when Mahrez came on he did F all.

So we have dropped someone for playing poor, they come one, play awful and give 0 effort, then play him next match...Yeah he sure learnt his lesson!lol

9 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I am going to take a guess that it will be at the expense of Gray which will be rather frustrating.

So we have dropped someone for playing poor, they come one, play awful and give 0 effort, then play him next match...Yeah he sure learnt his lesson!lol

Claudio is very fixed and rigid in playing 442, so your right, tis always going to be Gray or Mahrez

14 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Probably. Hope that we can see Gray and Mahrez on the pitch together but don't think we will today. Teams man up on Mahrez so having another danger man on the other side could cause them lots of problems. Gray with space will make things happen.

10 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Claudio is very fixed and rigid in playing 442, so your right, tis always going to be Gray or Mahrez

Very true however i would drop Albrighton and play gray and Mahrez. Them 2 together could be very dangerous down the flanks.

17 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Very true however i would drop Albrighton and play gray and Mahrez. Them 2 together could be very dangerous down the flanks.

I get why he doesn't play both but I think you're right. We need to go at West Ham from kick off. 

We've won every game we've scored first in too so we need a good start. 

Albrighton hasn't been great but in comparison with some of the rubbish we've had over the years he's superb.

He's got a good performance in him but he's just been so erratic this season. This season he's been trying to cross from much deeper which just doesn't work.  

Personally I wouldn't play him but he does offer some cover. I think Grey could do the job but unfortunately he was poor at Hull which seems to have made up Claudio's mind that he can't play both Mahrez and Grey

56 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Come on now, Gray has hardly done much in his appearances. Against Everton he did as little as Albrighton.

Behave, came on against Utd and scored since then he's come on and got 2/3 assist in 15-20mins spells always looks to beat a man and drive forward he's our most direct winger who doesn't deserve to be dropped for Mahrez. 

Archived