Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Schlupp on his way

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

"Premier League winner"

There you go, i've had three.

Made a promise to myself that whoever they were playing for I'd never boo any of last seasons team.

Despite being on the pitch at some point during 24 of those games I keep forgetting he was that involved.

Not a fan but I suppose I have to file him under 'legend' as you say he's a "Premier League winner".

Mind you if there was a limit to how many 'legends' a club could have and you could only have 19 then some of last seasons 'legends' would be shunted aside.

I think it's a pretty good deal for all parties involved.

£12mill is a decent fee and Palace have got a decent player. No-one wanted Jeff to leave in the summer as he has his moments where he is unplayable but unfortunately he's played like he doesn't want to be here this season.

I reckon he'll do well at Palace, a new challenge and regular football I think the Palace fans will be surprised at how exciting a player he is with genuine moments of quality 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

If Gokhan Inler is a Leicester legend then the word legend has lost all its meaning. Inler wasn't even a great player for us, never mind a legend. 

Defend Schlupp by all means, but calling him a legend is a farce.

I quite like Amartey. I was just using him as an example.

And by that definition so is Schwarzer a legend.

It's like saying every child is special, if that's true then the word has lost it's value.

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I think it's a pretty good deal for all parties involved.

£12mill is a decent fee and Palace have got a decent player. No-one wanted Jeff to leave in the summer as he has his moments where he is unplayable but unfortunately he's played like he doesn't want to be here this season.

I reckon he'll do well at Palace, a new challenge and regular football I think the Palace fans will be surprised at how exciting a player he is with genuine moments of quality 

Think that's a pretty fair summary. His performances this season have been wanting, and clearly his heart wasn't in it here, so time to move on. Claudio certainly gave him plenty of opportunities to grab a place and he didn't.

I hope he does well at Palace and wish him well. It wouldn't surprise me if some here end up a little embarrassed by their comments.

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

And by that definition so is Schwarzer a legend.

It's like saying every child is special, if that's true then the word has lost it's value.

Premier League winner for Leicester City = Legend.

I've got to be honest, i'm gobsmacked that people can't get that around their heads.

To an extent, I'll be sad to see him go. For a club like Leicester, being able to push an Academy talent through the ranks and for the player to make an impression in the Premier League is an achievement in itself. So I suppose there's a bit of pride playing into it. Unfortunately for Jeff, his impression is a two-faced one. Blessed with great speed, power and will, his technical ability has oftentimes been lacking and he's more erratic than consistent, which is highly annoying. Whatever he produces up front isn't thought through, it's usually mere coincidence. Even the goals he scored.

Nevertheless, I will hold Schlupp in high regards and wish him well; his characteristics and abilities just don't fit with our 4-4-2. He's neither a defender nor a winger, yet I thought Ranieri would at least try to use him as a left midfielder, but it wasn't meant to be. Just a bummer Schlupp tends to be his own worst enemy at times. What remains is a minor cult figure and a successful youth product (even if you ignore the money part and look past the alleged £12.5m transfer fee).

21 minutes ago, NeilLCFC said:

Seems like he's been desperate to leave. Anyone know why?

Him and Ulloa both saw themselves as being in the starting 11. Whereas Ulloa has looked for a move as well, he has continued to work his socks off whenever called upon and played more because of it. Schlupp however seems to have sulked instead and put in some of his worst performances. Seems to think he can push through a move that way, and in some ways I guess he has achieved that, as looks like we will be selling him but holding on to Ulloa for another 6 months.

I think Schlupp may find that he will not be considered a starter for Palace either, once they discover his limitations as a Premier League player. The move may do him good though and he could go up another gear, which he hasn't been able to do for us. All the best to him, but disappointed with his last few performances for us, which seemed like he wasn't even trying!

Can't believe he's had so much stick in this thread.

It may be time for Jeff to leave, but he's got well over 100 appearances for us and was a significant part of the team that has in the last 3 years has gone from the championship to champions of England. Not to mention he's an academy graduate.

I am disappointed to see him go and wish him all the best at Palace, so long as it's not at our expense.

Good luck Jeff.

59 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I've got to be honest, i'm gobsmacked that people can't get that around their heads.

So Demarai gray, Inler, Chilwell are all Leicester legends? Get where you're coming from but you have to draw the line at some point.

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

So Demarai gray, Inler, Chilwell are all Leicester legends? Get where you're coming from but you have to draw the line at some point.

Absolutely.

Leicester fans will be talking about this squad in 250 years time. They're all legends.

It's always disappointing when we give up on a player who has progressed through our academy, but he's not playing right now and needs to progress his career. It's a shame as I think he's still got something to offer.

24 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Absolutely.

Leicester fans will be talking about this squad in 250 years time. They're all legends.

Come on matelol

Theyll be talking about Kante, Mahrez and Vardy. And then the rest of the starting XI and then a few of the other squad players. Gokhan Inler will not be spoke about as a Leicester legend in 250 years time

So Palace are also close to signing Patrice Evra. So much for my theory of Schlupp being used as a LB. Can't imagine Evra has come to sit on the bench this season, even at his age, still far better option than Jeff at LB. Jeff as a winger then. I think they will see his limitations there rather quickly, unless this move can revitalise him and make him more consistent and step up a level. 

8 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Sorry to burst the bubble mate but it doesn't quite work like that, the achievement is legendary but there are a select number of legends within that squad. My idea is if you'd erect a statue in their honour than they are legends... would you do that for Schlupp or Inler? Nah. Vardy, Mahrez, Ranieri and say Schemeichel? Yes you would.

By the logic you are implying we may as well give the U-21s and the likes of Ben Hamer and other fringe players that status too.

People banging on about how much he is the price is about right. He's 24 he's got 10/11 years left in him. Jordan Ibe was 15m and can only play on the wing. Schlupp can play LB LM or even upfront if someone's injured so for 12.5m your getting a good deal there's not many players in the premier now that cost below 10m.

38 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Sorry to burst the bubble mate but it doesn't quite work like that, the achievement is legendary but there are a select number of legends within that squad. My idea is if you'd erect a statue in their honour than they are legends... would you do that for Schlupp or Inler? Nah. Vardy, Mahrez, Ranieri and say Schemeichel? Yes you would.

By the logic you are implying we may as well give the U-21s and the likes of Ben Hamer and other fringe players that status too.

There ought to be a statue of the entire squad lifting the trophy.

Archived