Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Boro Post match 0-0

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This is the level we have to be satisfied with. We wasted a fortune on Musa and have very little options when key players are injured/suspended. 

Lucky that middlesbrough didn't take their chances. We must get as much points as possible to get our rightful place of 17th

What were these chances that Boro wasted? They only had one decent chance in the whole game.

And how about we see Musa play up-front for a run of games before we make a final judgement on his City career.  Or here's a radical idea; how about we give him time to get fully adapted to a new city, country, lifestyle, and playing style before we judge him.

satisfied with that.

poor game but we'll be happy with the clean sheet and point away from home.

looked more solid with the 3 in midfield however we were either instructed not to try too much going forward or we are simply not good at attacking.:P

7 points clear of the bottom 3 as long as that gap remains after this round of games i'll be happy.

shades of vintage huth in this game!!

Mission accomplished I suppose, obviously came for a draw and got one, but painful to watch.

Laccking any quality going forward. Seemed like they had more players. Have to blame the short interval between matches I suppose, but it seems that whoever is playing, whatever the formation, a total inability to retain any type of possession remains.

Good point though and would have taken it before the match.

3 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

I agree we have to get away from the culture of losing away but we should have looked at that game as 3 points. That performance was far too negative against a poor team.

Yes, maybe on a normal weekend then we could have looked at Boro away as 3 points - but considering we've played twice in 48 hours, changed half the squad and got 4 out of 6 points available then that's not a bad return at all. 

Boro are no worse than us at the moment so to just assume we'll turn up and take 3 points is very naive in my opinion. I'm glad Ranieri and the players didn't turn up assuming we'd already won that game otherwise we'd have lost it. 

3 minutes ago, Mythyaar said:

Don't think we under achieved in the match, that's the concern. That bunch of players are very, very limited. Major quality injection required jan transfer window.

I would echo this. On paper, two very similar sides in terms of quality. WIth Vardy and Drinkwater, then I think that would have tipped the balance but taking sentiment aside, we are only on par with Middlesborough and a lot of the other teams around us. Lets hope we can change that with some key signings this month. 

At half time we looked the more established side. Boro became more ambitious and we sunk deeper to deal with it. Massive lack of creativity today, mahrez a shadow of his former self. We never got close enough to Ulloa second half, Shinji looked lost out there. We miss Vardys pace as an outlet hugely. Next 3 at home look very difficult, we need to break the away day voodoo quickly. Last point, i have no idea what Musa is or does?

Can't see why people are criticising musa? He had a dangerous run down the wing near the end and if Amartey would have shot we might have won the game? He had a few minutes to do something and always gets shoved out to the left, I'm not a fan of his but criticism today is harsh

I would say onwards and upwards but it will be sideways and downwards....we ain't picking up anything in our next three home matches, so a win today for me was vital and we couldn't do it......we are very much locked in a relegation fight now, what the hell did Claudio say to them at half time? 

I think some people are extremely short sighted here. 

We got a point but the performance really shows this is the beginning of the end for us. We've gone from being an ambitious, attacking team with a philosophy that works, to now being what we saw today.

This can only result in regression and stagnation long term and annual relegation battles beckon.

It's fairly clear we've abandoned the things that made us successful and apart from the odd glimpse of last season there's very little hope to be gained from what we've seen in 16/17.

What a waste.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

So is every away point a good point just because our form away is bad?

When are we going to start treating these away performances with the contempt it deserves? If Middlesbrough had scored (they definitely should have) then this place would be in meltdown.

A point away at Middlesbrough for the defending champions is awful. There really is no getting away from that.

No. It's a good place to start. We have to improve on that performance in the future for sure, but it's a good point in our current situation.

Will take the point because we need all we can get and we have to be pleased with consecutive clean sheets.

But highly disappointing that we retreated into our shells after a reasonable opening and as the game went on allowing them to dominate without us showing any counter-attacking ambitions. We were lucky that Wes' 2 mistakes weren't punished.

Mendy looked good at times and will improve with game time hopefully. Amartey and King rarely played a positive ball and Dan should have blasted that Musa pass goalwards not hesitate yet again. His brain and feet are slow to connect at times. I hope he comes good but jury still out for me. 

Just now, chicagofox said:

What were these chances that Boro wasted? They only had one decent chance in the whole game.

And how about we see Musa play up-front for a run of games before we make a final judgement on his City career.  Or here's a radical idea; how about we give him time to get fully adapted to a new city, country, lifestyle, and playing style before we judge him.

So, while he is adapting to his new surroundings we have very little option when players are suspended or injured, despite spending a fortune? What have I said that's wrong?

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

A point away at Middlesbrough for the defending champions is awful. There really is no getting away from that.

Maybe.

But a point away from home for a team without an away win all season and in a relegation battle is anything but awful.

You've got to start living in the present, mate.  Where we finished last season counts for nothing this season.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Anyone happy with getting a point in that game clearly isn't a fan of football.

You'll struggle to see a worse game in 2017.

We defended resolutely, for sure, but if were up against anyone any good today, we'd have lost by three.

The gap between the strikers and the midfield is huge. Our forwards had nothing to work off.

Terrible game of football.. but at least we snatched a point I guess.

I just expect more from LCFC..that was boring and dreadful.

Bit harsh....we've been trully dreadful away from home this season....shipping goals for fun...we keep a clean sheet and move up a place in the league and you're still not happy because you think we're better than we are.

They are not a great side but we had our 2 main strikers unavailable....Mahrez is currently a passenger and we shuffled the pack to bring in Mendy and I thought he had a very good game.

We are never going to get a win away from home playing like that granted but then we aren't going to get a win away from home without Vards firing on all cylinders.

We have drilled in tactics from last season (I.e. Little possession and counter attack) and without Drinky, Mahrez (of last season) and Vards (of last season) we become as good as Boro, Burnley, Hull and Sunderland I'm afraid....sad fact but reality.

Boring but I expected nothing else with that line up. It was always going to be slow and boring with no creativity and no pace.

Defensively we were solid enough, another clean sheet is brilliant; however going forward was unsurprisingly poor, the formation we played today may work we just need that inject of creativity & pace if we ever do play it again, Drinkwater & Vardy are a must, maybe even Gray.

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

So, while he is adapting to his new surroundings we have very little option when players are suspended or injured, despite spending a fortune? What have I said that's wrong?

You said we wasted a fortune on him.  That may or may be the case on time but right now that it is too early to say.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

So is every away point a good point just because our form away is bad?

When are we going to start treating these away performances with the contempt it deserves? If Middlesbrough had scored (they definitely should have) then this place would be in meltdown.

in our current predicament a point is good imo.

we did well enough in keeping them out but were crap going forward so this is more reason to be happy with the result

Archived