Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Boro Post match 0-0

happy with the result and tbh the 3 in the middle looked better and looking forward when drinky comes back it would be nice to see

---------------------------kasper-----------------------

simpson-------huth--------------morgan-------chilwell

-----mendy--------drinky-----------amertey----------

--mahrez--------------vardy-----------------gray-----

go proper counter attack and let the midfield do the defensive work 

its a shame about slimani as i really like him but not sure he fits unless vardy is played on the left and slim down the middle 

A good point in the context of our league ambitions this season.

It's all about staying up this season and we grind a point out and stop Middlesbrough gaining any ground on us and it's another home game ticked off for them and another away game ticked off for us. We're now 7pts above 18th place and looking at Hull, Swansea and Sunderland it's going to take any of them an age to get 7pts. 

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Babylon in playing anything down shocker!

Once more, I doubt anyone thought in our wildest dreams we'd do what we did last season.

Neither did most of us think we'd have to endure the shite we had to today. And to attain 3 points from 30 away from home, without a win all season.

If you're trying for perspective, lets have some maybe?

getting a point today when other teams have struggled at the Riverside, is a good one for us. And you mention our away form, it could have been 2 out of 30 had we lost.

And perspective being that we're closer to the top half than we are to the bottom 3. Considering we are meant to be in a relegation battle, that's a positive perspective, surely, which @Babylon mentioned previously. Yes the game was very poor, but earlier on in the season we'd have lost that game for sure. Perspective also including we've now kept 2 clean sheets in a row. Positive sign considering our defence has been lambasted and pretty much terrible up to the halfway point of the season.

Oh and perspective would also include we were missing Vardy, Drinkwater, Slimani today. Gray and Albrighton also didn't start and we're playing a formation which isn't familiar to us. I'd say we've done quite well to get a point.

Enough perspective for you?

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

An away win is better, an away point means you're in the same position as what you were before

Not really.....it's a point nearer to 40 and security......we could easily still finish Top10 and priority for now is getting away from the bottom 3....

Nobody expected quite the struggle we are having but today we had some positives ...Huth/Morgan, Clean Sheet, Amartey growing with each game, Mendy 70mins and a point!!

Glass half full for me!

Just now, adam said:

For the people who are saying its a good point they want to have a look at our next few home games. Not many points will be coming our way. 

teams will come and have to decide if they are going to go for a win or to nullify us. I reckon we have as much chance of a win against yanited as we did against Everton. Chelsea the issue with the AFCON players missing. 

Our next three away games are Burnley, soton and swansea

Imo our target over the next half dozen games is 9 points. That would be 30 points after 26 games which should make the run in fairly comfortable. 

7 minutes ago, adam said:

For the people who are saying its a good point they want to have a look at our next few home games. Not many points will be coming our way. 

That's why it was important to get a point out of this game.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Babylon in playing anything down shocker!

Once more, I doubt anyone thought in our wildest dreams we'd do what we did last season.

Neither did most of us think we'd have to endure the shite we had to today. And to attain 3 points from 30 away from home, without a win all season.

If you're trying for perspective, lets have some maybe?

Has a single person defended our away form this year? 

CR finally put 3 in midfield and I think it worked well, Kasper had nothing to do all game, first time this season away from home. The problem was our intent in the 2nd half. I think musa and grey were pretty positive sub's in a 433, but we seemed to go to a 451, with those guys playing purely defensively. I can only think that CR asked them to do this as these guys aren't normally so defensive. Similar thing happened against west ham 2nd half. Overall happy with the point but CR needs to let his attacking players attack. At the moment it doesn't matter who we play in attack if there is no intention to attack.

Could have sworn that the overwhelming message after other games on here was that we needed to stop playing 4-4-2 away from home, we were getting overrun in midfield, conceding too many goals etc.

So we play three in centre midfield and we're too defensive... well make your minds up folks...

And by the way Everton did it to us on Boxing Day, only they managed a goal while not playing any better going forward than we did. Fine margins in the Prem.

The point is fine, don't know what people are complaining about there.

The manner in which it was achieved was so bad to watch though. The second half performance was awful - only a poor Boro and good individual performances from Huth and Fuchs got us away with a clean sheet.

There are obviously a lot of contrasting opinions on here about the merit of that bore draw. We won't know whether it is a case of one point won or two dropped until later in the season, but with three incredibly tough home fixtures coming up against Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool (all of whom thrashed us at their place) it looks as if we'll have to average more than a point a game in the three away matches at Southampton, Burnley and Swansea to be clear of trouble going into March.

My own view is that, looking at the bigger picture of the season as a whole, this was a vital victory that - at halftime at least - was there for the taking but our ambition to grasp it in the second half just wasn't there. A point is all we were after. There are definitely at least three teams worse than us in this division but I just hope Ranieri doesn't live to regret his unnecessarily overcautious strategy today.

41 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

You said we wasted a fortune on him.  That may or may be the case on time but right now that it is too early to say.

I think he has shown little or no potential to justify that fee. Coming good would mean he does the role we paid and pay him so well for. Otherwise, we may as well promote the best performing youth player and allow him time to mature his potential. It be a lot cheaper and a lot more rewarding if it did actually come off. 

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Missed the game and only know the score. Can someone tell me how it was?

I watched the second half and we seemed to be parking the bus against a team that couldn't score to save their lives. It was very enjoyable to see a hoof ball to Ulloa and 0 people near him. 

13 minutes ago, adam said:

We will get what we deserve...

These coming games, see some players coming back.We are at home so more imagination from the players has to be shown..

If we produce quality movement, even those teams are beatable. Sit back they will murder us...

Each game I see as a new day, new game, a new opportunity..Time for the "mini-escape"  season.

51 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Dull and unambitious. Two points dropped against Championship level opposition. Better than a defeat obviously but so tiresome to watch. Halfhearted challenges and sitting back inviting them to fire in crosses. No desire whatsoever to win. Feel sorry for those who travelled. If we can't win there, where can we?

I wouldn't mind getting a point away at Sunderland and Hull, we'd be 10 and 11pts ahead of them now.

The game was awful but they never looked like scoring either and I'd have took a point pre match. 

12 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

But how depressing is it that this season is our only chance in a lifetime to push on and become legitimate contenders, and it's all been frittered away in 6 short months.

We were never going to the next Man Utd, but the failure to build upon the Championship rather than revert to norm is so disappointing.

Yep this is the crying shame of the situation, probably worthy of a thread all by itself. I put a lot of blame on recruitment - today we had Musa and Mendy on, both of whom were at one stage record signings for us. Our performance as a team was a defensive one so hard to single players out, but you'd have hoped that the signings we made would take us to the next level. Neither really looked anything special. But then if we signed true superstars if may have ruined the culture we have at the club.

This is a very competitive league and we found ourselves in a truly unique situation. Some other teams (Wolfsburg, Montpellier) have had a shock win, but to do it in the Premier League with the money thrown around is truly a one-off. It's easy to crtiticise, but our owners kept all but one player (trying damned hard to keep him) and broke our transfer record three times in one summer. What else could they really have done? We all know we got the wrong players, but now we have to deal with it!

Don't forget that Chelsea and Liverpool who are currently 1st and 2nd did not qualify for Europe... we did! That is the insanity of this league. We would all like to see our team push onwards and upwards but it's tough. We don't have the money of the big 5 or 6, we don't have a killer academy that produces top young talent. Probably our only chance of success is to keep unearthing hidden gems via our scouting team, but as proved this season, that is very hard to do. We have been signing young players and integrating them into the first team, so there is some semblance of a strategy or long-term plan at the club. Every team in the league is ambitious and trying to improve over time... it's not easy at all.

Somehow we found the most unlikely set of characters ever that came together to give hope to everyone in the world! That was the magic of what we achieved. We have definitely underachieved this season (or have we?) but I don't think it's a case of a magic bullet solving everything. Because we are champions in our minds we think it's ludicrous to have done so badly this season. But we were unconventional champions, we didn't batter teams non-stop for 90 minutes and in fact a large number of games last year were just like the one today, except last season we snuck a goal from somewhere and held out for the win. So maybe our expectations are too high? All I can say is that we are still living in a magical era for the club and as the song goes "through the good times and the bad, we always back the lads".

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I watched the second half and we seemed to be parking the bus against a team that couldn't score to save their lives. It was very enjoyable to see a hoof ball to Ulloa and 0 people near him. 

Parking the bus? Against Boro? Huh? I know Ranieri wanted to not ruin the effect produced victory against West ham but, really? Thank you for the input.

Just now, ZeGuy said:

Parking the bus? Against Boro? Huh? I know Ranieri wanted to not ruin the effect produced victory against West ham but, really? Thank you for the input.

We created a couple good chances, but nobody seemed to be in the box to take them. Boro had some good chances so a point is a good one. 

Archived