Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Boro Post match 0-0

3 points were there for the taking today against a boro team making 5 changes with 2 in a makeshift defence.

If there was a game to break the duck of away loss's it was today.

I feel it's 2 points lost as the only reason they looked average at best was because we played with 9 behind the ball.

I hope Ranieri doesn't keep setting us up like this away from home when all our more important players are back else I can't see us winning away all season if the defensive style of play carries on 

This is the level we have to be satisfied with. We wasted a fortune on Musa and have very little options when key players are injured/suspended. 

Lucky that middlesbrough didn't take their chances. We must get as much points as possible to get our rightful place of 17th

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

Ranieri has been aching to suck the life out of this team for months.

Recent results have given him the excuse to finally put his mark on the team.

I really disagree with this... he was screaming at Mahrez and Oka to close down and press but they weren't interested.

Very crap game but beats losing and we somehow got a clean sheet which is a bonus. 

Hope we have a couple of new signings by our next league game. Morgan can't keep playing every single match, it isn't helping anyone to have the captain be our weak link at the back.

A total embarrassment to the club, and an insult to the fans that got up early and made the journey.

Champions of England, fighting to stay up, and sit behind the ball for most of the game, and allowed a newly promoted side to have 75 % of possession at one point, really shows the lack of ability and ambition this season.

Like somebody mentioned in the match thread, go to Man U, Liverpool etc and play open football but go to boro, who if we went for it were there for the taking, and sit deep, don't get it.

Really need to get some intent and skill into our play, just cannot believe how poor we were, looks like another false dawn, and more interviews about how happy they were with that performance.

Just now, psychonaut said:

Absolutely fvcking woeful performance. Why as champions are we playing for a 0-0 against relegation fodder clearly there for the taking?! Baffling. No intent to win the game whatsoever, players looked they couldnt be arsed and neither could Ranieri by the looks of it.

What a complete load of shite.

'Relegation fodder' Boro - who are currently 2 points behind us at the moment? In case you've forgotten we too have been nothing but relegation fodder so far this season. 

The players put plenty of effort in - the only player I could single out for looking a bit clueless and 'not bothered' was Musa when he came on. 

We defended as a unit and blocked everything they put into the box. 

Don't get me wrong, I think we've been ****ing crap of late and been very frustrated with Ranieri's reluctance to try new things. In the last 2 games we've taken 4 points and today's could be a valuable one.

He had to make changes due to the tight schedule and I think we got the points from the right places in the last 2 games.

Dull and unambitious. Two points dropped against Championship level opposition. Better than a defeat obviously but so tiresome to watch. Halfhearted challenges and sitting back inviting them to fire in crosses. No desire whatsoever to win. Feel sorry for those who travelled. If we can't win there, where can we?

Lots of effort but very little of anything else.

Not quite sure how Ranieri thought we could score with that formation or players.

Surprised he took so long into the 2nd half to change it. I guess he thought a draw would be a good result.

Ulloa won everything in the air, but him and Okazaki showed again, that they have bundles of effort and energy, but little technical ability or flair to unlock defences.

Mendy was better second half, but still too early to judge, as not the hardest job in the world, to play in a 3 man midfield that was only set on defending.

Would have liked to have seen Musa on earlier, as although he did little, we were crying out for some pace so we could at least offer something in attack.

In the end, it's a point away from home, without Vardy, Slimani and Drinkwater. We have new signings coming and hopefully can push on and have a decent second half to the season.

1 minute ago, Goober said:

Have you seen our away form this year? you expected us to just go out there today and smash them with half our first team?

So is every away point a good point just because our form away is bad?

When are we going to start treating these away performances with the contempt it deserves? If Middlesbrough had scored (they definitely should have) then this place would be in meltdown.

A point away at Middlesbrough for the defending champions is awful. There really is no getting away from that.

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

Having spent a billion quid on new players, yes.

Mendy, one of those new players, looked good today after being out injured for months. Musa was poor when he came on but that's a shit excuse to justify moaning.

Anyone could have seen dropping 3x midfielders back to CDM positions means strikers have to drop deep. 

Why did Ranieri think that Ulloa and Okazaki could score when they are on the half way line?

For christ sake man sort this shit out, we are horrendous at the moment, be bold for crying out loud, who in the right mind will want to come here playing like this. 

Take the point but we are just fortunate that boro were so average. 

Archived