Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Boro Post match 0-0

Fairly happy with that- backed up the west ham win with another draw to keep the points ticking over.

The lack of creativity was always a risk when going with 3 in the middle, but it looks like the switch has made us more secure defensively. 2 games in less than 48 hours wouldn't have helped either.

1 minute ago, daz*dsb said:

Too many people overreacting to that result; calling it shit, toothless, poor, etc.

We needed to stop losing away from home and we did that today. We defended well against these and nothing that came into our box looked troubling.

Not great attacking (at all) but a point away is a good point regardless.

People calling Boro shit need to remember how terrible we've been as well - we're hardly carrying a torch for 'Champions of England' at the minute. 

I'll take that point all day long thanks. 

I agree we have to get away from the culture of losing away but we should have looked at that game as 3 points. That performance was far too negative against a poor team.

2 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

Absolutely fvcking woeful performance. Why as champions are we playing for a 0-0 against relegation fodder clearly there for the taking?! Baffling. No intent to win the game whatsoever, players looked they couldnt be arsed and neither could Ranieri by the looks of it.

Why the fvck do people keep saying this? We had no Kante, Vard and Drinkwater out there today, 3 of the biggest factors in us becoming Champions. We have to rebuild the confidence in the team, because things ARE totally different this year. It's a good point, need to improve going forward but that will come as the players become more confident.

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

Need a new set of defenders that can hold onto the ball.

need a real attacking creative midfielder that can play central and not mahrez who cannot play with his back to goal. 

Agree with that, it winds me up whenever Huth picks the ball up, Wes is immediately pointing and shouting for him to pass it back to Kasper to smash up the field.

On the plus side I thought Amartey had a good game and we've kept two clean sheets on the trot.

I don't think it was a disgrace. A point isn't too bad when you consider the schedule and the fact we have some key players injured/sick and suspended.

That performance reminds me of how I only want Leo coming on to finish out games late. Missed a couple of great chances and looks, as always, like he's running through treacle. Slim is a definite step up. Albrighton looks good which I am pleased to see. I am not panicking cause I think we looked great a couple of days ago. But yes. That is not a game I will be re-watching ever again. Borough were really, really poor.

Editing to add: We are quick to jump on their back when they don't perform well, so I have to say the referring was brilliant. He didn't overact and was fair and let the game flow as much as possible.

2 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Christ that was uninspiring, picked a brilliant game to televise there Sky.

Absolutely no attacking intent for large portions of that second half, an absolute snooze fest. Happy new year

Glad I couldn't get the time off now and miss out on 14hrs  bank holiday double pay today !!

I would have taken a draw before the game. A clean sheet is a bonus while Mendy, Ulloa and King got minutes under their belt without ever impressing a great deal. Surprised Musa did not get a longer run-out seeing as we will likely use him a bit over the next few weeks.
Amartey is looking better by the week which is encouraging.

3 minutes ago, KingGTF said:

Absolute disgrace

Thats a bit o.t.t

We lacked an attacking threat but we were defensively solid for most of the game and after 2 points on the road so far, a point isn't the end of the world.

Good point considering the circumstances with us kicking off away north of the wall just 39 hours after finishing our last game.

People clamouring for three in the middle got what they wanted and the resultant lack of attacking potency is exactly what you can expect more of if we keep doing that.

Good result. 4 points from West Ham and Borough, but I guess people will always find stuff to moan about. 4 points from those fixtures wouldn't have looked amiss even last season so I'm relatively pleased. We came here with a game plan and it worked, which has certainly not been the case this season.

Frustrating thing is our lack of attacking intent today but that doesn't overly bother me, we're not some high scoring counter attacking machine anymore, we're a fairly average prem side that desperately needs points on the board. For once so far this season I'm going to say well done Claudio.

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

It's not a good point, a good point is away at Liverpool or Chelsea. It's a shit point

Have you seen our away form this year? you expected us to just go out there today and smash them with half our first team?

Archived