Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Derby (home) FA Cup Replay Pre-Match Thread

I think it'll definitely be a first team line up, given that the names that possibly could have sat on the bench all started last night for the U23 (although I guess they could still be fit enough to sit on the bench)

Surely Ron Rob has to play? Most back up keepers in the Prem sign on the premise that they will start every cup game, so I'd imagine he'll be the latest to get frustrated if we're not careful!

Also something that others haven't mentioned, a potential 4-3-3 for me, I think Vardy has lost the chance to moan about where he plays so **** it, stick him on the right, make him run and cut inside.

Zieler

Simpson (ughhh)

Morgan

Amartey

Chilwell

Ndidi

King

Mendy

Vardy (Albrighton)

Slim

Mahrez (Gray) 

It's a really tough selection for Claudio. I will be interested to see which way he goes. 

I'm torn between going with the usual suspects and trying to restore some much needed confidence in them, or going a different way and finding out whether we have some players on the bench or reserves, that can replace some of our woefully underperforming starters.

Perhaps the best thing, is to fall somewhere in between. Some starters coupled with some fresh faces.

--------------------- Kasper

Simpson----Morgan----Amartey----Chilwell

Albrighton-----Mendy-----N'didi------Gray

------------------Ulloa----Vardy---------------

Mahrez and Drinkwater to feature if struggling.

Kaputska and Wague to come on if have a decent lead. 

2 minutes ago, Monk said:

Thought ranieri said Leo and Slim are both out. 

I know he said he didn't want to risk Slimani for it, but thought Ulloa was back in training.

Will have to be Vardy/Okazaki again then I'm guessing. Musa and Vardy doesn't work

Schmeichel

Amartey Huth Benny/Wague

Albrighton     Mendy      Ndidi        Chilwell

Mahrez

Ulloa/Slimani Musa

Time for a bit of experimentation... Find some defensive solidarity and attacking intent. Build a bit of positivity and confidence- could be the perfect game for Mahrez. Had enough of Vardy jogging round, he shouldn't be anywhere near the team. Drinkwater also hopelessly out of form, I don't want to watch Will Hughes run rings around him again. Give Musa a go up top, always looks much sharper than on the wing. Need one of the big men back up front- I'd be tempted to play them both seeing as we don't like passing the ball on the deck.

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

It's a really tough selection for Claudio. I will be interested to see which way he goes. 

I'm torn between going with the usual suspects and trying to restore some much needed confidence in them, or going a different way and finding out whether we have some players on the bench or reserves, that can replace some of our woefully underperforming starters.

Perhaps the best thing, is to fall somewhere in between. Some starters coupled with some fresh faces.

you may find Wague if was signed after the first game so will not be used  but i'm no expert

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

you may find Wague if was signed after the first game so will not be used. but i'm no expert

2 hours ago, Koke said:

It's sad to hear that some players are not having  Ranieri when all he does is shower them with praise.

Not too many rested please, momentum and confidence is key and losing at home to a local rival from a division below is a surefire way to lose all confidence

Archived