Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Derby (home) FA Cup Replay Pre-Match Thread

Just now, The Doctor said:

Eh, he'd have at least taken one for the team first half yesterday unlike Huth. Besides, I think he's probably played more passes on the ground this season than Morgan and huth put together. Basically anyone but those two - they have to be dropped for months of shit showings.

Yeah, probably would have rugby tackled Mkhitaryan (had to google that one) and got sent off. That's about his usual contribution whenever he gets a run out.

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Eh, he'd have at least taken one for the team first half yesterday unlike Huth. Besides, I think he's probably played more passes on the ground this season than Morgan and huth put together. Basically anyone but those two - they have to be dropped for months of shit showings.

There's the problem. Our "recruitment" has been so bad that we are forced to keep playing players who are badly out of form because we don't have suitable replacements!

We have to try a new defensive setup, last real chance to experiment to save the season.

Schmeichel

Albrighton Amartey Ndidi Chilwell

Mendy Drinkwater

Mahrez Kapustka Gray

Vardy

The three behind Vardy can all interchange, learn to pass and move again, there should be enough security behind them against Derby.

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

Still quite alot of people (including Ranieri) having Musa in midfield, he can't control the ball you can't put him on the wing where you need some technical ability. It's either in place of Vardy or not at all for me.

feck me - if this analysis is correct then £20 million certainly doesnt go as far as it used to 

Schmeichel

Simpson

Huth

Morgan

Fuchs

Gray

Mendy

King

Kaputska

Okazaki

Vardy

Subs: Zieler, Wasilewski, Chilwell, Drinkwater, Albrighton, Musa, Ulloa/Slimani

Purely on the basis that I wouldn't pick any of the outfield players other than Simpson against Swansea.

Guest CityFan 06

I'd go with either this system, or an alternate 4-4-1-1. King further forward as a CAM, with Ndidi & Mendy making up the CM pairing. I feel Amartey has potential at CB, he impressed some at the AFCON and he could make a steady partnership with Morgan alongside him.

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Amartey Chilwell

Mendy

Albrighton King Ndidi Gray

Musa

23 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Drop the entire back four, Drinkwater and Vardy, none of them are doing anything to earn their place anymore. Ranieri has been far too kind for them, constantly taking the blame onto himself - and they show not one ounce of being grateful. Time to hang them out to dry.

Kasper

Amartey

Benny

Wague

Chilwell

Ndidi

Mendy

Mahrez

Grey

Musa

Slimani/Ulloa

Do you know what,I reckon that team would  beat them easy.

This thread lingering on page two there's so many doom and gloom threads. lol We should stick with 4-4-2, I don't think he will change Morgan and huth but I'm sure chilwell will start. I'd drop drinkwater for mendy, put albrighton and gray on the wings and play Mahrez in the number 10 with Vardy ahead.   

Turn up with a positive attaching attitude, take the game to them and win convincingly. Let's get this show back on the road. 

12 minutes ago, maddog said:

A good win here would be a handy morale booster for the Swansea match.

I'm really hoping to see Musa play up front in Vardy's position. Slimani starting too if he's fit.

Pretty sure I heard Ranieri say Slimani wouldn't be played.

Archived