Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Sevilla 2-1 Leicester Post Match

6 minutes ago, Muzzyfox6 said:

Thought the same as others about Ranieri celebrating and the bench being strangely subdued. King even making some comment behind his hand. Doesn't look good, supporting rumours he's lost the dressing room. Last season they would have been jumping off the bench celebrating. Still in it at 2-1 though, can't wait for the home leg now. 

Yep we noticed this to, players on the bench all looking at CR like he's a flaming lunatic rather than expressing some kind of elation at us scoring. Speaks volumes.

1 minute ago, Karljohn said:

The amount of goals we concede from not stopping the cross is obscene. 

They aren't so good on the road but will cause our creaking defence problems.  

Heading out crosses was a Premier League winning tactic last season!

15 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Hard to disagree but, wherever Sevilla rank in Europe, they are a very, very good team.

No doubting that Max. They are quality, every player so comfortable and willing to have the ball. Great movement and pretty solid defensively, tonight at least. 

Don't care, Sevilla are third in La Liga and we're in a relegation battle. We made mistakes but made up for it with determination and spirit. We're never going to play perfectly away at a place like that, especially a team that has zero confidence and can't score in the league. 

Final 16 of the champions league, with the toughest leg played, an away goal scored and only two conceded?

Fcuking enjoy it boys!!!

I'd have taken 2-1 but frankly the gulf in class was very obvious. 

CR's team selection was woeful once again. Looking forward to the return leg but tbh we don't deserve it and if we don't turn up it could be a mauling. 

How on earth Musa is still getting in the first eleven is a mystery to me. 

I don't say this lightly but he's probably one of the worst players I've seen in a City shirt since the Levein era. 

It's worth noting how difficult it is to get a result at Sevilla, (and in turn also emphasises the importance of tonight's away goal).

I think only Barca and Juve have come away from there with victories this season. And they're notoriously hard to beat regardless. We've done so well to still be in this tie. 

25 minutes ago, stretch1965 said:

Back from the pub Glass of Chateau Neuf du pape and a pukka pie. Wife can't understand why I am not sad about losing!

IMG_4442.JPG

I think she simply doesn't understand your spelling of Châteauneuf.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's worth noting how difficult it is to get a result at Sevilla, (and in turn also emphasises the importance of tonight's away goal).

I think only Barca and Juve have come away from there with victories this season. And they're notoriously hard to beat regardless. We've done so well to still be in this tie. 

Our boring style of play luled them to sleep and passivity in all honesty. The focus now he how to approach the game at the KP, if we come out the same way and don't try to pass the ball and simply just await our impending defeat it will be disheartening. I just hope we come out positive looking to take the game to them. 

It's nothing short of a miracle that a 1-0 win at home could see us through after that game. 

We were fvcking awful for 60 minutes of that game and our defence is an utter, utter shambles. They looked like school children defending. Sevilla will be kicking themselves they haven't put the tie to bed already. That goal was huge.

I've heard suggestions that 9,000 travelled... in which case that deserved the goal alone.

Yet I'm not sure what the result means? I feel relief that we didn't get hammered and I can smile around Seville for a bit longer...

...but let's not hide the fact it hardly papers over the cracks. I also can't help but think what use would the quarters be to us as a side in our position? 

Archived